Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Four Options at #17

Obviously there are more than four options - but what I'm asking for are your choices for four positions (or position groups) at the pick.

CB

OL

DT 

WR 

If the Jags select one of these positions, which player do your prefer at each?
(Please select a player that has a decent chance to actually be available based on current projection)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2024, 11:08 PM by Caldrac.)

CB - Quinyon Mitchell from Toledo

OL - Jackson Powers-Johnson from Oregon

DT - Darius Robinson from Missouri

WR - Brian Thomas Jr. from LSU

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-27-2024, 11:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote: CB - Quinyon Mitchell from Toledo

Quin is high on my list after that press

Imagine if Roman was available at 17

Would love Robinson but he's an edge defender.  We need another edge though

OL - JPJ.
CB - Mitchell or Terrion
DT - Murphy or Newton

WR - Imma wait till the second. Let's trade the pick back and recoup some value.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2024, 09:14 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-28-2024, 06:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Would love Robinson but he's an edge defender.  We need another edge though

This is debatable and a current topic within the scouting department/community from what I am seeing and reading. Some people think he's not fast enough or quick enough to be a solid edge rusher at the next level but he's very strong, violent and has good leverage to play inside. He's infatuated with contact and hitting people. Sounds more like an inside guy to me personally.

He offers a ton of scheme versatility as well so you could technically move him around as he spent his first three or four years playing inside and his final, fifth year as a senior playing on the edge. He's stout against the run and I think he would be an interesting guy to play in the middle between Allen and Walker and alongside guys like Hamilton and maybe another affordable free agent. 

He has the length, build and size that Baalke covets. I honestly think he's a sleeper there now at 17 if Baalke manages to resign Ridley, Allen and hammer out most of the offensive line needs in free agency.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-27-2024, 10:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Obviously there are more than four options - but what I'm asking for are your choices for four positions (or position groups) at the pick.

CB - Higgins

OL - JPJ

DT - Newton

WR - Franklin

(Please select a player that has a decent chance to actually be available based on current projection)

Color coded by preference.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

CB- Terrion Arnold or Mitchell

OL- JPJ or Fautanu

DT - Murphy

WR - Brian Thomas Jr or Adonai Mitchell

(02-28-2024, 10:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: CB- Terrion Arnold or Mitchell

OL- JPJ or Fautanu

DT - Murphy

I was listening to a fantasy podcast and they were saying college wide receivers taken in the first or second round with 3 or less 100 yard games, which Mitchell had, almost never succeed in the NFL. Kevin White and Kelvin Benjamin were two examples, I cant remember the others.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2024, 12:52 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-28-2024, 11:29 AM)g1ml3t Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 10:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: CB- Terrion Arnold or Mitchell

OL- JPJ or Fautanu

DT - Murphy

I was listening to a fantasy podcast and they were saying college wide receivers taken in the first or second round with 3 or less 100 yard games, which Mitchell had, almost never succeed in the NFL. Kevin White and Kelvin Benjamin were two examples, I cant remember the others.

Darrius Heyward-Bey comes to mind. I remember the Raiders falling for him heavily after he lit up the 40 yard dash but I specifically remember looking his numbers up as a kid and not being impressed at all with him. Never cracked 1,000 yards in a single season and I think he had maybe 3 100 yard career games. 

On the flip side, that same year or maybe the previous year or after. I remember being enamored with Jordy Nelson. After he had a MONSTER season at Kent St. Every time I looked at highlights on ESPN before work in the morning he was doing something crazy every weekend it seemed like. Took him awhile in Green Bay but by year four he had developed into a dominate pass catcher. 

Had a really nice 5 year stretch there. Telling you, one guy I really like, who will more than likely be available on day three because he played at Idaho is Hayden Hatten. Two really good years in a row. Good size, good speed. I think he's worth a look at some point. Could probably get him in RD6 or RD7 but I would like to see him here in a few months competing for a spot this summer.

(02-27-2024, 10:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Obviously there are more than four options - but what I'm asking for are your choices for four positions (or position groups) at the pick.

CB

OL

DT 

WR 

CB: Quinyon Mitchell, would also accept Terrion Arnold or Nate Wiggins
OL:  Olumuyiwa Fashanu
DT: Jer'Zhan Newton
WR:  Rome Odunze

I know some of you are gonna tell me that there's no way Fashanu or Odunze will be there at 17, but I've seen 3 credible mocks that have one or the other there.  This is one draft that I'm in favor of trading back, by the way, because of the depth at OL and WR, unless Fashanu or Odunze are still around.  I mean, I'm not THAT crazy.

Cornerback: Terrion Arnold

Offensive Line: JPJ

Defensive Tackle: Newton

Receiver: Odunze

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2024, 04:47 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar. Edited 1 time in total.)

CB - Nate Wiggins Clemson (not sold on either Alabama CB, especially Arnold. In terms of covering WRs he gave up 9 receptions of over 20 yards. His opponent Passer Rating, receptions and yards given up, and completion percentage are very average. Kool Aid is better)

OL - Mimms from UGA

DT - Byron Murphy Texas

WR - Brian Thomas LSU

(02-28-2024, 04:26 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:

CB

OL

DT 

WR 

CB: Quinyon Mitchell, would also accept Terrion Arnold or Nate Wiggins
OL:  Olumuyiwa Fashanu
DT: Jer'Zhan Newton
WR:  Rome Odunze

I know some of you are gonna tell me that there's no way Fashanu or Odunze will be there at 17, but I've seen 3 credible mocks that have one or the other there.  This is one draft that I'm in favor of trading back, by the way, because of the depth at OL and WR, unless Fashanu or Odunze are still around.  I mean, I'm not THAT crazy.

Would be ecstatic if Odunze is still there at seventeen. Feels like a no brainer to me if he's there. Penix was missing him in that Championship game as well. Left a handful of big plays out there for him. 

I would take Odunze even if they work something out with Ridley in about four weeks via free agency. The potential there is just too great to pass up on, even with some issues to patch up elsewhere.

(02-28-2024, 09:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 06:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would love Robinson but he's an edge defender.  We need another edge though

This is debatable and a current topic within the scouting department/community from what I am seeing and reading. Some people think he's not fast enough or quick enough to be a solid edge rusher at the next level but he's very strong, violent and has good leverage to play inside. He's infatuated with contact and hitting people. Sounds more like an inside guy to me personally.

He offers a ton of scheme versatility as well so you could technically move him around as he spent his first three or four years playing inside and his final, fifth year as a senior playing on the edge. He's stout against the run and I think he would be an interesting guy to play in the middle between Allen and Walker and alongside guys like Hamilton and maybe another affordable free agent. 

He has the length, build and size that Baalke covets. I honestly think he's a sleeper there now at 17 if Baalke manages to resign Ridley, Allen and hammer out most of the offensive line needs in free agency.

He's 6'5 285.  He's just not built to be a DT imo.  Let me rephrase what I said.   He's a DE, not a "edge".  I think you can move him inside some like you can with Walker but he's not a 3 tech.  I just don't think any team will draft him to be a DT. I think he moves very well for his size and has All Pro potential at DE.  Jags would be a great fit for him though.  Will be interesting to see how he test.

(02-28-2024, 04:46 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: CB - Nate Wiggins Clemson (not sold on either Alabama CB, especially Arnold. In terms of covering WRs he gave up 9 receptions of over 20 yards. His opponent Passer Rating, receptions and yards given up, and completion percentage are very average. Kool Aid is better)

OL - Mimms from UGA

DT -  Byron Murphy Texas

WR - Brian Thomas LSU

There's a possibility that all 4 of these are available at 17.  If Miami or Pittsburgh want to jump from 21 or 20 to get one of them, would you trade back knowing that you'd get at least one of them?

This article details a number of DBs the Jags have met with :
https://www.gulflive.com/jaguars/2024/02...e-dbs.html

The Jags also met with at least 12 different OL prospects reportedly.
Anyone seen a list published anywhere of Jags formal interviews?

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2024, 08:15 PM by RicoTx.)

I don’t really care what position they pick as long as they contribute significantly in their first year.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quinyon Mitchell has replaced Arnold as my top cornerback following their combine performances. Mitchell is likely the only corner I'd take in round 1, although Wiggins would be a possibility.

(03-02-2024, 08:15 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I don’t really care what position they pick as long as they contribute significantly in their first year.

X2
Agreed