Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Republicans Giving Up on Biden Impeachment?

You Will Not Believe—We Mean Not Believe—This James Comer Quote | The New Republic

“I am ready to try to begin to close this investigation,” Comer told reporters in the Capitol Wednesday.

Republicans lost their key witness, Alexander Smirnov, who made up the very foundation of the GOP’s corruption claims about the president. Republicans had for months pointed to an FBI informant who in 2020 reported that President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden received $5 million each in bribes from a Ukrainian oligarch, thanks to Hunter Biden’s businesses. That claim, while unverified by the FBI, was the main piece of evidence Republicans pointed to in their impeachment quest. Republicans last year went so far as to publicly release the FBI’s report, over the agency’s objections.

But two weeks ago, Smirnov was indicted for lying to the FBI and essentially making up the whole thing. As if that wasn’t bad enough, upon arrest, the Justice Department reported that Smirnov confessed to law enforcement that the story actually came from Russian intelligence officers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’ve never been happy with the Republicans playing this impeachment game the Dems started. It was a stupid abuse of power and a waste of time in the first place and the Republicans doubled down on it.

I mean, do you really want to put Kackala in the White House? Even for a few weeks or months?

(02-29-2024, 11:29 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I mean, do you really want to put Kackala in the White House?  Even for a few weeks or months?

There's definitely that.. 

100% reason why such a high office position shouldn't be given out because of skin color or gender..

Democrats [BLEEP] this country, over and over..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I think it's a combination of a lack of evidence, and an embarrassing level of incompetence by the Republicans running the committee.

(02-29-2024, 11:29 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I mean, do you really want to put Kackala in the White House?  Even for a few weeks or months?

The only disaster that could be worse than Biden serving as President, would be him dying while President.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-29-2024, 09:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ve never been happy with the Republicans playing this impeachment game the Dems started. It was a stupid abuse of power and a waste of time in the first place and the Republicans doubled down on it.

Say What?  The Republicans started playing the impeachment game with Obama.  Don't you recall the idiotic Birther movement --- Trump started all of this [BLEEP].

(03-01-2024, 01:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 09:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ve never been happy with the Republicans playing this impeachment game the Dems started. It was a stupid abuse of power and a waste of time in the first place and the Republicans doubled down on it.

Say What?  The Republicans started playing the impeachment game with Obama.  Don't you recall the idiotic Birther movement --- Trump started all of this [BLEEP].

You have zero suspicion about a guy whose parents were a redneck from Kentucky and a dead beat from Kenya having just a copy of a birth certificate from Hawaii?

I never bought into it either.. but you never even questioned it?

Anyway it goes back way further than Obama. It happens a lot and it doesn't matter who started it. It's subsophomoric

(03-01-2024, 01:59 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 01:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Say What?  The Republicans started playing the impeachment game with Obama.  Don't you recall the idiotic Birther movement --- Trump started all of this [BLEEP].

You have zero suspicion about a guy whose parents were a redneck from Kentucky Kansas and a dead beat from Kenya having just a copy of a birth certificate from Hawaii?

Anyway it goes back way further than Obama. It happens a lot and it doesn't matter who started it. It's subsophomoric

Yeah well I think Trump's mother took a trip to Paris and that's where he was born.
Of course there's no record of such a trip, but it just feels right to me.
See how that works?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-01-2024, 01:59 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 01:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Say What?  The Republicans started playing the impeachment game with Obama.  Don't you recall the idiotic Birther movement --- Trump started all of this [BLEEP].

You have zero suspicion about a guy whose parents were a redneck from Kentucky and a dead beat from Kenya having just a copy of a birth certificate from Hawaii?

With Obama's mom being an American Citizen, even if she had given birth outside of the US, couldn't she have just filed for having given birth abroad and he would be a citizen?  I think if one of your parents is a citizen and you are born abroad your parent should be given the option of having you be assigned US citizenship if so desired if that's not already how it is.  I also think the law that allows for anchor babies to be a thing needs to be re-written and citizenship not extended in such circumstances.

They really started it with Clinton. Had that impeachment gone through, though, and he been removed from office, it might slowed down eroding American standards.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024, 04:49 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-01-2024, 03:42 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 01:59 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: You have zero suspicion about a guy whose parents were a redneck from Kentucky and a dead beat from Kenya having just a copy of a birth certificate from Hawaii?

With Obama's mom being an American Citizen, even if she had given birth outside of the US, couldn't she have just filed for having given birth abroad and he would be a citizen?  I think if one of your parents is a citizen and you are born abroad your parent should be given the option of having you be assigned US citizenship if so desired if that's not already how it is.  I also think the law that allows for anchor babies to be a thing needs to be re-written and citizenship not extended in such circumstances.

There have been eight US Presidents who were not born in the United States.

(03-01-2024, 04:47 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

They really started it with Clinton. Had that impeachment gone through, though, and he been removed from office, it might slowed down eroding American standards.

wow ..... how did i forget about that !!!    i actually lived in DC while that was being broadcast over every local channel, then moved to Jacksonville where the news (on my 1st day here) lead off with a westside raid of a [BLEEP] fighting operation.   I looked at my wife and told here this was quite refreshing ....... true story. Smile

(03-01-2024, 01:59 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: You have zero suspicion about a guy whose parents were a redneck from Kentucky and a dead beat from Kenya having just a copy of a birth certificate from Hawaii?

Natural born isn't fully defined but the definition that should be used is both parents, i.e. no split loyalties.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

You guys need to go further back than Clinton.

https://www.senate.gov/about/powers-proc...ohnson.htm
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-01-2024, 07:29 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 03:42 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: With Obama's mom being an American Citizen, even if she had given birth outside of the US, couldn't she have just filed for having given birth abroad and he would be a citizen?  I think if one of your parents is a citizen and you are born abroad your parent should be given the option of having you be assigned US citizenship if so desired if that's not already how it is.  I also think the law that allows for anchor babies to be a thing needs to be re-written and citizenship not extended in such circumstances.
Natural born isn't fully defined but the definition that should be used is both parents, i.e. no split loyalties.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Just_like_your_opinion_man.gif
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2024, 08:51 AM by homebiscuit.)

Although I was referring to the continuous impeachment campaign against Trump, that's a fair point. Furthermore, I'm on the record here, somewhere, maybe on the old board, that Obama and the Democrats played that stupid birther movement to perfection. They intentionally held off releasing his birth certificate so the BMers (good pun, huh?) could look extra dumb.

This is a fact. My oldest two have Certificates of Birth Abroad.