Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags FA News

Bills also releasing Tre'Davius White in a cap move. That is one I would pursue.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-06-2024, 05:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bills just released Mitch Morse.

There are so many quality centers and IOL players that the Jags really should be drafting a WR and CB with their first 2 picks.

He would be my #1 target on Monday now. Starter quality and an immediate upgrade in a key position.

I expect a few teams to go for him but he's exactly what we need.

We going after Danielle Hunter or what ?

(03-06-2024, 05:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bills just released Mitch Morse.

There are so many quality centers and IOL players that the Jags really should be drafting a WR and CB with their first 2 picks.

Baalke has never drafted a good WR in his life and I doubt that changes now.

(03-06-2024, 08:40 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We going after Danielle Hunter or what ?

I'd lean toward "what"

SOOO many solid centers hitting free agency right now

Jags need to sign one and get that out of draft consideration

(03-07-2024, 11:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: SOOO many solid centers hitting free agency right now

Jags need to sign one and get that out of draft consideration

Yep, no reason this position isn't improved this year.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2024, 11:18 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Thomas resigned

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1765745806156398674?s=20

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1765737435634237692?s=20

We should go ahead and meet with Morse this week to see what he'd asking for

Ezra coming back 3 years $28.5m /14.5 guaranteed

(03-07-2024, 11:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1765...65266?s=20

Starting LG

I like it.

That's good. We at least have a body now at LG. We at least have a secondary player and special teams player as depth resecured in Thomas. Now, go get a Center, a decent level Receiver and a CB2.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Hmm, not so sure about the term "standout." Seems like a pretty big investment for a guy that was just decent, and was obtained using a 6th round pick.

(03-07-2024, 11:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote: That's good. We at least have a body now at LG. We at least have a secondary player and special teams player as depth resecured in Thomas. Now, go get a Center, a decent level Receiver and a CB2.

I agree, but the thing that concerns me is that GMs usually hang in with failed picks, because they don't want to admit they were wrong about a guy.  Baalke has to suck it up and admit that Fortner cannot do the job adequately.

(03-07-2024, 11:27 AM)cland Wrote: Hmm, not so sure about the term "standout."  Seems like a pretty big investment for a guy that was just decent, and was obtained using a 6th round pick.

Yeah, he wasn't good at all for us last year.  He was coming off an injury though and he has the worst center in the league next to him.  I think with a new center Scherff will be better as well

I would rather try Cleveland at LT, which is his preferred position, and find a capable guard. I’m skeptical of Cam.

I could see them keeping the whole oline back together again. They really like this oline

We can only pray that he ends up playing like he did in Min. and not how he played here. I wonder if we cut or trade Cam now and make Cleveland the backup LT to Little?

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2024, 12:05 PM by cland. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-07-2024, 11:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We can only pray that he ends up playing like he did in Min. and not how he played here.  I wonder if we cut or trade Cam now and make Cleveland the backup LT to Little?

Take this in jest, but man do the Jags fans love themselves some Walker Little...despite the coaching staff showing no faith.  I really think that cutting Cam is just opening up another hole at a premium position that is very difficult to fill, unless you're in the top 10 of the draft (and/or getting 'draft' lucky.)

(03-07-2024, 11:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I could see them keeping the whole oline back together again. They really like this oline

Wish I could disagree, but I can’t