Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Titans/Colts tonight (8/27/16)

According to Irsay, Mewhort only out 2-4 weeks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...k-mewhort/

If true, good news for Indy.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hate it when the media quickly reports a player tore his ACL before an injury is diagnosed.

Well I for one hope he just has to wait till week 5
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 04:08 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:According to Irsay, Mewhort only out 2-4 weeks.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/28/jim-irsay-says-no-surgery-2-4-week-absence-for-jack-mewhort/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/28/jim-irsay-says-no-surgery-2-4-week-absence-for-jack-mewhort/</a>

If true, good news for Indy.
Interesting. And the initial report claiming an ACL tear came from Ian Rapoport who is normally pretty reliable.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Interesting. And the initial report claiming an ACL tear came from Ian Rapoport who is normally pretty reliable.

Rapoport rarely gets it wrong. I always liked him.

Quote:Yes, but those things won't have a direct bearing on performance during the season.

The titans are trying things out for their own interests just like the team's they're facing, and guys that think they have something to prove often look much better in the preseason against guys that feel like they don't have anything to prove.

The only thing that I take away from the Jaguars so far in the preseason is that Ramsey is great a physical specimen as he was touted to be and appeared to be in college and that Bortles and the passing game are continuing to be the strength of the team. Like I said, running stats against teams disinterested in sticking their nose into the pile during the part of the year when everyone is trying to avoid injury don't mean anything to me, and they probably shouldn't to you, either.

Come back after a few games in the season. Right now there are 19 guys in the preseason that have had at least 10 carries and are averaging 5 or more YPC. It's not because everyone in the NFL is suddenly great at toting the rock, it's because it's the preseason, and the preseason is mirage time.

Rolleyes  Nope can't take those things into account. Ramsey sucks and so does Bortles.

Quote:Nope can't take those things into account. Ramsey sucks and so does Bortles.

How does a QB who threw for over 4,000 yards and 35 TDs in one season suck?

Quote:Rapoport rarely gets it wrong. I always liked him.

It's at least the 2nd time his injury information didn't turn out to be the reality this month.   The first being regarding Eric Ebron.   I'm glad his information turned out to be incorrect both times.

https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/to.../?hl=ebron

Quote: It's at least the 2nd time his injury information didn't turn out to be the reality this month.   The first being regarding Eric Ebron.   I'm glad his information turned out to be incorrect both times.

Eric Ebron was carted off in practice, so the Lions had a good reason to worry about his injury's severity - unlike the Coltd with Jack Mewhort.

Quote:Eric Ebron was carted off in practice, so the Lions had a good reason to worry about his injury's severity - unlike the Coltd with Jack Mewhort.

Back in 1998,  Falcons RB Jamal Anderson walked off the field on his own in a Week # 2 MNF game on the road against  the Cowboys.  It turned out to be a torn ACL.   This is far from the only time this has happened with an NFL player.   

Quote: Rolleyes  Nope can't take those things into account. Ramsey sucks and so does Bortles.

We already know Bortles is a top of the league QB production wise from the regular season and athletic ability is one of the few things you can see in preseason games. Doesn't mean Ramsey is going to be a pro bowler this season or anything, just that watching him on the field it's clear he's got athleticism. Be sure to tune in for the game on NBC and if you're being honest with yourself you'll see what I mean.

Quote:Back in 1998,  Falcons RB Jamal Anderson walked off the field on his own in a Week # 2 MNF game on the road against  the Cowboys. It turned out to be a torn ACL. This is far from the only time this has happened with an NFL player.   

It amazes me that some players have no problem walking off with the same types of injuries that others need carts for. Sometimes the opposite happens where a player gets helped off and returns to the game.

Quote:It amazes me that some players have no problem walking off with the same types of injuries that others need carts for. Sometimes the opposite happens where a player gets helped off and returns to the game.

One correction on my part.  It was 1999 when Jamal Anderson suffered the torn ACL.   Only several months after the Falcons Super Bowl appearance/

Each injury situation is indeed different.   When it comes to the knee,   I think a higher pain level can be a better thing relatively speaking.   Many times,  it turns out to be a torn MCL,  not a torn ACL.  

Quote:How does a QB who threw for over 4,000 yards and 35 TDs in one season suck?

I thought it was a game or something, where we all say stupid things?

That said, Bortles did make strides last season, but he did lead the league in interceptions, and dropped back like 600 times or something crazy. Had a low completion percentage. Not a bad QB, but still room for improvement for sure. The receivers are well coached. Maybe they can continue to keep making those circus catches.

Quote:We already know Bortles is a top of the league QB production wise from the regular season and athletic ability is one of the few things you can see in preseason games. Doesn't mean Ramsey is going to be a pro bowler this season or anything, just that watching him on the field it's clear he's got athleticism. Be sure to tune in for the game on NBC and if you're being honest with yourself you'll see what I mean.

You can't say they haven't regressed. We've only seen them in preseason.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 05:35 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:I thought it was a game or something, where we all say stupid things?

That said, Bortles did make strides last season, but he did lead the league in interceptions, and dropped back like 600 times or something crazy. Had a low completion percentage. Not a bad QB, but still room for improvement for sure. The receivers are well coached. Maybe they can continue to keep making those circus catches.

Bortles led the NFL in interceptions because he took a lot of risks behind a below-average offensive line. You want to see that kind of quarterback. Did you know Brett Favre holds the interception record?

The Jaguars knew when they drafted Blake Bortles he would need a couple years to develop. They wanted to keep him on the bench his rookie year, but that plan went bust in Week 3 against the Colts.

Quote:You can't say they haven't regressed. We've only seen them in preseason.

A guy in his third year isn't likely to be regressing. It could happen, but that would be the unusual circumstance. I feel pretty confident that Bortles will be at least as good in 2016 as he was in 2015. Only thing standing in the Jaguars way of success at this point is Gus "Extra Sprinkles" Bradley.

Quote:Bortles led the NFL in interceptions because he took a lot of risks behind a below-average offensive line. You want to see a risk-taking quarterback because that means he wants to win.

They all want to win. He takes those risks because he has rare talent at WR, more than most QB's get to work with. Every QB would love to be able to throw a punt into the middle of the field and have not one, but two WR's that can fight for the ball and make those crazy diving catches. The offensive line still isn't all that great.

Quote:A guy in his third year isn't likely to be regressing. It could happen, but that would be the unusual circumstance. I feel pretty confident that Bortles will be at least as good in 2016 as he was in 2015. Only thing standing in the Jaguars way of success at this point is Gus "Extra Sprinkles" Bradley.

Gus Bradley is not standing in the way. He hired the guys our offense needed to make big strides after Dave Caldwell gave him the players.

Quote:A guy in his third year isn't likely to be regressing. It could happen, but that would be the unusual circumstance. I feel pretty confident that Bortles will be at least as good in 2016 as he was in 2015. Only thing standing in the Jaguars way of success at this point is Gus "Extra Sprinkles" Bradley.

Doesn't matter. We've only seen preseason games. He's going to lead the league in interceptions.