Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Romo suffers compression fracture his back

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016, 04:10 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

For the fans who don't know yet:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/0ap3...n-his-back

I think he will be put on IR/DTR for the second straight year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Time to retire

Talking heads are saying the Cowboys will start Prescott and trade for a veteran backup. Think we could get a 6th out of Henne?

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016, 05:03 PM by maheo30.)

Quote:Talking heads are saying the Cowboys will start Prescott and trade for a veteran backup. Think we could get a 6th out of Henne?

No please. Allen is no backup. I don't even think he is an NFL quarterback right now. If Bortles goes down for 4 weeks, Henne might be able to win a couple of games. We'd lose every game if Allen has to play.

Time for ol Romo to hang it up. His fragile body just can't take a lick.

Quote:Talking heads are saying the Cowboys will start Prescott and trade for a veteran backup. Think we could get a 6th out of Henne?

They have a third string quarterback - Jaelil Showers until Kellen Moore gets back.

His back was as fragile as a box of dried spaghetti to begin with. Stick a fork in him, he was done before he shattered his collar bone twice in a season. Lol at Jerry world.

The curse of Skip Bayless.

Quote:The curse of Skip Bayless.

What are you talking about?

The Cowboys should be getting used to nomo Romo.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

They are getting used to having a real backup QB.

Take that old dog out back

Oddly enough the romo injury just put them all in on the future. Dak looks like he has it, when you find a guy like that you play them. They did with romo its time for the dak era. Now to see if he plays well enough to keep a healthy romo on the bench.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

The tour is over for Romo.

Quote:They have a third string quarterback - Jaelil Showers until Kellen Moore gets back.

There's a good chance that Kellen Moore is heading to season ending I.R.   Even with the back injury to Tony Romo,  it will be hard to justify keeping Moore on the 53 man roster for most of the season while he's injured.    I have great respect for Moore from an intangible standpoint but I don't think he's good enough overall to wait for him to recovery.

Quote:There's a good chance that Kellen Moore is heading to season ending I.R. Even with the back injury to Tony Romo, it will be hard to justify keeping Moore on the 53 man roster for most of the season while he's injured. I have great respect for Moore from an intangible standpoint but I don't think he's good enough overall to wait for him to recovery.

Because Kellen Moore was injured early in camp, I thought he could come back during the regular season.

Quote:Because Kellen Moore was injured early in camp, I thought he could come back during the regular season.

Only if Kellen Moore is kept on the 53 man roster or he's the Cowboys Short Term I.R. designation for the season.   I don't think the Cowboys have the luxury of either option. 

Back concussion, ouch!

What do you do in week 10 if Dak is doing average but you have a chance to make the playoffs? Do you put Room back in or do you give Dak the shot for the rest of the season?

Quote:What do you do in week 10 if Dak is doing average but you have a chance to make the playoffs? Do you put Room back in or do you give Dak the shot for the rest of the season?

If Tony Romo is relatively healthy,   he should play.     It's hard to imagine Dak being more capable of helping the Cowboys win games this season providing Romo is healthy enough to demonstrate all of his skills.    The possible exception would be Romo's first game back because of the rust factor.