Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Romo suffers compression fracture his back

Quote: If Tony Romo is relatively healthy, he should play. It's hard to imagine Dak being more capable of helping the Cowboys win games this season providing Romo is healthy enough to demonstrate all of his skills. The possible exception would be Romo's first game back because of the rust factor.

So let's say hypothetically Dak is 6-3 when Romo comes back. Do you put Romo back in or let Dak develop while possibly making the playoffs with him?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Back concussion, ouch!

It is not a back concussion. That would be a severe spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.

Quote:So let's say hypothetically Dak is 6-3 when Romo comes back. Do you put Romo back in or let Dak develop while possibly making the playoffs with him?

Good question.

If the decision was mine,   I would put Tony Romo in if relatively healthy because he gives the Cowboys their best chance of winning more games and going deeper in the playoffs.  

Quote:So let's say hypothetically Dak is 6-3 when Romo comes back. Do you put Romo back in or let Dak develop while possibly making the playoffs with him?

Obviously you would start Tony Romo because your team is in the playoff hunt.

You put Romo back in. If he struggles you can always go back to Dak.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Can't wait to see Dak get a dose of real game planning.

If Dak gets the cowboys to 6-3 I stick with him, you don't bench a rookie qb that gets you to 6-3.  Romo is a good player but he is injury prone, doesn't have the escapability anymore and at most has what 3 years left?  Or a young gun who has been making plays and has 10+ years left minimum.

Think about it like this.  Pretend Romo is Bledsoe and Dak is Brady.  What if the patriots took Brady out after he replaced Bledsoe for a game and didn't start him again until Bledsoe retired.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 01:53 PM by JackCity.)

Quote: Good question.

If the decision was mine, I would put Tony Romo in if relatively healthy because he gives the Cowboys their best chance of winning more games and going deeper in the playoffs.
Suppose it depends on a few factors. If Dak is winning games on his own and showing poise/leadership I see no reason why you can't just let him play the season out. Would be a "going with the hot hand" scenario. Which is better? Potentially making the playoffs with Romo and losing in the first round or potentially making the playoffs with Dak and losing in the first round?

I think the Dak scenario benefits everyone but Romo.

Quote:You put Romo back in. If he struggles you can always go back to Dak.

You could do the same with Dak. If he struggles bring Romo in.

Quote:Suppose it depends on a few factors. If Dak is winning games on his own and showing poise/leadership I see no reason why you can't just let him play the season out. Would be a "going with the hot hand" scenario. Which is better? Potentially making the playoffs with Romo and losing in the first round or potentially making the playoffs with Dak and losing in the first round?

I think the Dak scenario benefits everyone but Romo.

My take is the Cowboys envision themselves with realistic Super Bowl hopes.   Whether that's realistic or not,  that's another question.   But based on their 12-4 season two seasons ago,   I can understand why they believe things could come together.  

Though I respect the school of thought that you and realtorpat expressed,   I think this season a relatively healthy Tony Romo gives the Cowboys their best chance of winning.    If Dak performs very well for a rookie and the Cowboys don't go far in the playoffs with Tony Romo this season,   then next season would be a good time to move on from Romo.    Especially,  considering his contract,  age,  and injury history.  

Quote:Can't wait to see Dak get a dose of real game planning.

It will be interesting to see how Dak responds to that.   Growing pains seem very likely.   It's not a knock on Dak.   Playing QB in the NFL is hard enough for season veterans.   For rookies,  it's the greatest challenge in all of professional team sports.  

Once you go Dak, you never go back.

Quote:It will be interesting to see how Dak responds to that. Growing pains seem very likely. It's not a knock on Dak. Playing QB in the NFL is hard enough for season veterans. For rookies, it's the greatest challenge in all of professional team sports.  

That is why the Cowboys drafted Dak Prescott. They knew the best thing to do is groom a rookie behind Tony Romo at the tail end of his career.

Quote:Once you go Dak, you never go back.

You do go back if Dak struggles.

Quote:That is why the Cowboys drafted Dak Prescott. They knew the best thing to do is groom a rookie behind Tony Romo at the tail end of his career.

After the disaster the Cowboys went through last season with Tony Romo missing the vast majority of the season due to injury,  they definitely needed to address the QB position in a meaningful way.   Time will tell whether Dak can at least hold the fort this season and whether he's a long term answer.   

Quote:After the disaster the Cowboys went through last season with Tony Romo missing the vast majority of the season due to injury, they definitely needed to address the QB position in a meaningful way. Time will tell whether Dak can at least hold the fort this season and whether he's a long term answer.   

You could argue Ezekiel Elliott will hold the fort as he gets more carries than originally planned. Dak Prescott can't do everything by himself.

Quote:You could argue Ezekiel Elliott will hold the fort as he gets more carries than originally planned. Dak Prescott can't do everything by himself.

There's no question the Cowboys need their QB supporting cast to step up.    Arguably,   the best friend for a QB is a strong running game.  

Quote:You could argue Ezekiel Elliott will hold the fort as he gets more carries than originally planned. Dak Prescott can't do everything by himself.

So you are arguing that one rookie will hold the fort because another rookie can't do everything by himself?

Who are you having this argument with exactly?

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 03:04 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:So you are arguing that one rookie will hold the fort because another rookie can't do everything by himself?

Who are you having this argument with exactly?

I was just pointing out Ezekiel Elliott will be more important than Dak Prescott.

Quote:I was just pointing out Ezekiel Elliott will be more important than Dak Prescott.

RB more important than QB? Ok.