Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gabe Davis

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 10:22 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Never forget.  The flashes have been there.  Big play Dave. He's only 24 and the upside is there

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-wr-gabrie...oss-chiefs

https://youtu.be/d63gipMMUeA?si=r3gPE90NmiRGkO-a

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, he is an inch taller and 35 lbs heavier. Ridley had 76 catches on 136 targets for 1016 yards last year and 8 TDs. Gabe had 45 catches on 81 targets for 746 yards and 7 TD's. Their catch per target is almost identical. Gabe's yards per catch was higher at 16.6 vs Ridley's 13.4. If Gabe's catch per target ratio stayed the same, given the same number of targets as Ridley he would have produced 1520 yards to Ridley's 1016.
another plus is for the same money as Ridley we got to get a veteran center. (BONUS) I actually believe the groupof recievers we have will produce much more without Ridley. Treavor will spread the ball more. I know Ridley was pressed more than any other receiver in the NFL last year. That was because he was most always the first read. Other teams knew this and their strategy was to take away TL's first read as their rush would get there before he could move on. Just my opinion.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-21-2024, 10:54 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Well, he is an inch taller and 35 lbs heavier.  Ridley had 76 catches on 136 targets for 1016 yards last year and 8 TDs.  Gabe had 45 catches on 81 targets for 746 yards and 7 TD's. Their catch per target is almost identical. Gabe's yards per catch was higher at 16.6 vs Ridley's 13.4. If Gabe's catch per target ratio stayed the same, given the same number of targets as Ridley he would have produced 1520 yards to Ridley's 1016.
another plus is for the same money as Ridley we got to get a veteran center. (BONUS)  I actually believe the groupof recievers we have will produce much more without Ridley. Treavor will spread the ball more.  I know Ridley was pressed more than any other receiver in the NFL last year. That was because he was most always the first read. Other teams knew this and their strategy was to take away TL's first read as their rush would get there before he could move on. Just my opinion.

This supports adding a receiver like Legette in round 2 or a developmental WR/TE in round 3, rather than reaching for Mitchell or Thomas in Round 1. 

I'm now definitely seeing corner or D-line in round 1.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-22-2024, 12:03 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 10:54 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Well, he is an inch taller and 35 lbs heavier.  Ridley had 76 catches on 136 targets for 1016 yards last year and 8 TDs.  Gabe had 45 catches on 81 targets for 746 yards and 7 TD's. Their catch per target is almost identical. Gabe's yards per catch was higher at 16.6 vs Ridley's 13.4. If Gabe's catch per target ratio stayed the same, given the same number of targets as Ridley he would have produced 1520 yards to Ridley's 1016.
another plus is for the same money as Ridley we got to get a veteran center. (BONUS)  I actually believe the groupof recievers we have will produce much more without Ridley. Treavor will spread the ball more.  I know Ridley was pressed more than any other receiver in the NFL last year. That was because he was most always the first read. Other teams knew this and their strategy was to take away TL's first read as their rush would get there before he could move on. Just my opinion.

This supports adding a receiver like Legette in round 2 or a developmental WR/TE in round 3, rather than reaching for Mitchell or Thomas in Round 1. 

I'm now definitely seeing corner or D-line in round 1.

Legette might be gone by the time the Jags pick, but if he's there that's a no-brainer.  Really think they will go with CB in round 1 because that appears to be where the value will be.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024, 09:04 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Legette is an interesting prospect. It's just concerning it took him until year five to breakout because his previous four years are very, very minimal. Especially with his size and speed. People keep saying he's D.K Metcalf. He's honestly built more like A.J Brown.

Davis has a ton of upside though. Is established. Can offer some big plays downfield. I just hope he can stay consistent and healthy. I am in agreement that this team is not going WR with the 17th pick. Doesn't fit Baalke's M.O. We still have areas of need elsewhere. CB, DT and even EDGE could use another prominent talent to develop or start immediately.

I am leaning more towards Ricky Pearsall, Troy Franklin, Ladd McConkey, Javon Baker & Malik Washington in this draft class personally. Coming up with any one of those five receivers would bode well in the long run for this offense. Especially with contracts looming in the near future set to expire with Kirk and Jones.

My biggest sleeper pick is Hayden Hatten out of Idaho. Would be a guy I would take in RD6 or RD7 if he's there. Good size, good speed. Big play ability. Very productive over the last two years. Would be an interesting player to compete with Elijah Cooks for a roster spot.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-22-2024, 09:03 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Legette is an interesting prospect. It's just concerning it took him until year five to breakout because his previous four years are very, very minimal. Especially with his size and speed. People keep saying he's D.K Metcalf. He's honestly built more like A.J Brown.

Davis has a ton of upside though. Is established. Can offer some big plays downfield. I just hope he can stay consistent and healthy. I am in agreement that this team is not going WR with the 17th pick. Doesn't fit Baalke's M.O. We still have areas of need elsewhere. CB, DT and even EDGE could use another prominent talent to develop or start immediately.

I am leaning more towards Ricky Pearsall, Troy Franklin, Ladd McConkey, Javon Baker & Malik Washington in this draft class personally. Coming up with any one of those five receivers would bode well in the long run for this offense. Especially with contracts looming in the near future set to expire with Kirk and Jones.

My biggest sleeper pick is Hayden Hatten out of Idaho. Would be a guy I would take in RD6 or RD7 if he's there. Good size, good speed. Big play ability. Very productive over the last two years. Would be an interesting player to compete with Elijah Cooks for a roster spot.

Thomas Jr is Metcalf to me.

(03-22-2024, 09:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 09:03 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Legette is an interesting prospect. It's just concerning it took him until year five to breakout because his previous four years are very, very minimal. Especially with his size and speed. People keep saying he's D.K Metcalf. He's honestly built more like A.J Brown.

Thomas Jr is Metcalf to me.

I don't think you can be listed 30 lbs lighter than someone and be compared physically to that someone.  That's quite a bit of a difference.

(03-22-2024, 06:30 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 09:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Thomas Jr is Metcalf to me.

I don't think you can be listed 30 lbs lighter than someone and be compared physically to that someone.  That's quite a bit of a difference.

I didnt compare them physically. Im comparing them as WRs , both very similar styles. Metcalf was 19 pounds heavier at his combine than Thomas Jr. Metcalf is a little stronger but both are the same height, both run a 4.3, both vertical deep threats that's not very good route runners coming out, both very athletic which Thomas has a little bit higher ras and is 9th All time.  2 very similar players imo and I wanted us to draft Metcalf coming out.

(03-22-2024, 06:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 06:30 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I don't think you can be listed 30 lbs lighter than someone and be compared physically to that someone.  That's quite a bit of a difference.

I didnt compare them physically. Im comparing them as WRs , both very similar styles. Metcalf was 19 pounds heavier at his combine than Thomas Jr. Metcalf is a little stronger but both are the same height, both run a 4.3, both vertical deep threats that's not very good route runners coming out, both very athletic which Thomas has a little bit higher ras and is 9th All time.  2 very similar players imo and I wanted us to draft Metcalf coming out.

Definitely the type of wr we need.
No Fun

Big play Gabe. I had mentioned him early before FA. Lets hope we get to watch some big play Gabe action here ourselves now that he is a Jag.

Good luck Gabe lets do this!

What number do you think Gabe wears? 12 and 19 are available.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-25-2024, 08:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: What number do you think Gabe wears? 12 and 19 are available.

Trevor's lookin for some pi on third and long!

(03-26-2024, 08:11 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 08:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: What number do you think Gabe wears? 12 and 19 are available.

Trevor's lookin for some pi on third and long!

Lol 00 is coming back.  Maybe they'll do letters and decimals next.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

6 foot 2 and 225 pounds.

1 inch taller and 10 pounds heavier, and he'd be a tight end.

XII, or XIX?

(03-30-2024, 07:57 PM)Sammy Wrote:

XII, or XIX?

....um since when is the league playing a game in Roma?

(04-01-2024, 08:00 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 07:57 PM)Sammy Wrote: XII, or XIX?

....um since when is the league playing a game in Roma?

I can't wait until a chinese guy makes the team and we have: 

XI
XI
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato