Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baltimore bridge collapse

(03-26-2024, 09:44 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 09:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Do you think he faces criminal charges for negligence?

Way too much unknown, to us at least.   It all depends on the proximate cause of rudder failure (assuming that was the problem) and his response.  We also can't overlook the possibility that it was a female driver.  

I'm going to pay for that comment if Americus reads this!

It depends on if you're talking bio female or trans.  Big Grin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-26-2024, 12:17 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 09:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Do you think he faces criminal charges for negligence?

Might get the key to the city if they were trying to find a way to get the bridge updated without voters/taxpayers losing their minds Wink

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d79m2ymi3j0301kcvs0n...y.gif&ct=g]

(03-26-2024, 11:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If someone is going to ram a ship into a bridge, 1:30 in the morning seems like an odd time to do it.

Depends on the intent. I get where you're coming from. Not all enemies need to send a terrorist group into a concert hall and start having them conduct pray and spray tactics into the populace though. 

This could be a minor love tap from someone wanting to send us a message for all we know. 1:30 AM is the perfect time to do it if you just wanted to wreck a bridge deliberately without killing too many civilians. 

1:30 AM our time is 8:30 AM Eastern Block time. Could have been on crazy Ivan's to-do list this morning after he got his first cup of coffee spiked with vodka in for the day.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Crazy situation. One thing I find odd is there doesn’t appear to be a tug boat. I thought those were pretty standard when entering and leaving a port. Feel like that could have budged the trajectory into something maybe a little less.

On the surface of this, I don’t see anything deliberate. Not ruling anything out. But system/power failure with a freighter moving at 8 knots in a channel can be catastrophic. Couple that with the mayday signals and it doesn’t seem like this was an attack.

Seriously unfortunate set of events. But for as bad as it is, it could have been 10 fold if it occurred 7 hours earlier.

(03-26-2024, 12:50 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Crazy situation. One thing I find odd is there doesn’t appear to be a tug boat. I thought those were pretty standard when entering and leaving a port. Feel like that could have budged the trajectory into something maybe a little less. 

On the surface of this, I don’t see anything deliberate. Not ruling anything out. But system/power failure with a freighter moving at 8 knots in a channel can be catastrophic. Couple that with the mayday signals and it doesn’t seem like this was an attack.

Seriously unfortunate set of events. But for as bad as it is, it could have been 10 fold if it occurred 7 hours earlier.

Agreed on all points. This will be interesting to follow up on as the details are revealed. Seems like multi levels of failure.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Any info on the "captain" yet? Top of class I'm assuming.

(03-26-2024, 12:50 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Crazy situation. One thing I find odd is there doesn’t appear to be a tug boat. I thought those were pretty standard when entering and leaving a port. Feel like that could have budged the trajectory into something maybe a little less. 

I think if they would have had a few of them around this accident could have been avoided.  My understanding is that the ship lost power and lost directional control.  Tug boat(s) could have steered it in a safe direction.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 06:06 PM by Sneakers.)

(03-26-2024, 12:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 09:44 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Way too much unknown, to us at least.   It all depends on the proximate cause of rudder failure (assuming that was the problem) and his response.  We also can't overlook the possibility that it was a female driver.  

I'm going to pay for that comment if Americus reads this!

It depends on if you're talking bio female or trans.  Big Grin

I just assumed you were all original equipment.

(03-26-2024, 11:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Some people think it's maybe a cyber attack.

https://twitter.com/Motabhai012/status/1...TQQ1w&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Good grief. Should have known this would bring out the conspiracy theorists.

It's my fault for posting the harbor pilot's picture.  Do you remember the movie it's from?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-26-2024, 06:03 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 12:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It depends on if you're talking bio female or trans.  Big Grin

(03-26-2024, 11:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Good grief. Should have known this would bring out the conspiracy theorists.

It's my fault for posting the harbor pilot's picture.  Do you remember the movie it's from?

That dude plays himself in every role lolol

I think he lands jobs just for that stare lol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Dali flagged twice for deficiencies between 2015 and 2023: Inspection Records

[Image: 482579f0bf66dd9c40ad07dd7ce74bdf.webp]

The Dali container ship, which crashed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore early Tuesday morning, was flagged for two deficiencies between 2015 and 2023, according to inspection records.
Equasis reported that the Dali had 27 recorded inspections from April 20, 2015 and Sept. 13, 2023, during which time there were two deficiencies found.
On Nov. 27, 2016, the records show the ship was flagged for “hull damage impairing seaworthiness,” in Antwerp, Belgium.
Then on June 27, 2023, the ship was flagged for an issue categorized under propulsion and auxiliary machinery, and sub categorized as “gauges, thermometers, etc.”

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/us-bal...03-26-2024
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(03-26-2024, 12:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It depends on if you're talking bio female or trans.  Big Grin

(03-26-2024, 11:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Good grief. Should have known this would bring out the conspiracy theorists.

I am 100% original American woman. My previous reply sounded better in my head. Lol.

Carry on. Don't mind me.  Banana

(03-26-2024, 06:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

That dude plays himself in every role lolol

Hey, I need an avatar.  This could be it!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-26-2024, 08:24 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 06:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: That dude plays himself in every role lolol

Hey, I need an avatar.  This could be it!

100%.. I mean, it's so hard to tell if that guy is pissed, laughing or just getting ready to go full metal jacket on someone lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 06:39 AM by Caldrac.)

Regardless of his view right off the bat, interesting notes here on the impact of how that bridge worked:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5AoMRoud...VxM21vN202

Same day. Also had a random fire start underneath the 480 bridge in Ohio.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2024/03/26/l...ew-bridge/

(03-26-2024, 06:57 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Dali flagged twice for deficiencies between 2015 and 2023: Inspection Records

[Image: 482579f0bf66dd9c40ad07dd7ce74bdf.webp]

The Dali container ship, which crashed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore early Tuesday morning, was flagged for two deficiencies between 2015 and 2023, according to inspection records.
Equasis reported that the Dali had 27 recorded inspections from April 20, 2015 and Sept. 13, 2023, during which time there were two deficiencies found.
On Nov. 27, 2016, the records show the ship was flagged for “hull damage impairing seaworthiness,” in Antwerp, Belgium.
Then on June 27, 2023, the ship was flagged for an issue categorized under propulsion and auxiliary machinery, and sub categorized as “gauges, thermometers, etc.”

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/us-bal...03-26-2024
Not surprising. Law makers and Government officials should start looking closely at this, Boeing and the previous issues we had in Maui and Palestine, OH.

A lot of inspections failing, a lot of laziness by companies and it's costing people their lives, their jobs, their homes.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 07:49 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

The odds of this federally funded rebuild maintaining its same name are low. Very low.

(03-27-2024, 07:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The odds of this federally funded rebuild maintaining its same name are low. Very low.

Agreed. They'll either rename it the Edgard Allan Poe Bridge or The Wire Bridge.

Cargo ship had engine maintenance in port before it collided with Baltimore bridge, officials say

BALTIMORE (AP) — The cargo ship that lost power and crashed into a bridge in Baltimore underwent "routine engine maintenance" in port beforehand, the U.S. Coast Guard said Wednesday, as divers recovered the bodies of two of six workers who plunged into the water when it collapsed. The others were presumed dead, and officials said search efforts had been exhausted.

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/public...4177b.html
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Why are they hiding the name of the captain?