Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Concerts

Thought it may be a fun idea to post some upcoming concerts people are planning on going.

So far this year I've only purchased tickets for 2. 

Bush - I've seen them before, but a few friends wanted to go.

Limp Bizkit - I grew up a huge Limp Bizkit fan. Every time they were around Ohio something always came up. So finally after years, I'll get to see them. Growing up I was obsessed with Wes Borland the bass guitarist. The dude is so unique, probably borderline weird but I loved it.
In Dougie I Trust!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nice. Going to see Billy Strings next month in St. Augustine. Debating on doing Hulaween later on this year if the line-up is good.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 02:50 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

I'm going to Bush, but not for them. Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains is opening for them. I'll probably stick around for Bush, but I wasn't really a fan growing up.

Speaking of concerts, I saw the Joe Satriani/Steve Vai show at the Florida Theater last night. I had seen Vai before about 7 years ago in the same spot (damn I can't believe it was that long ago, feels like a year or 2 ago). First time seeing Satch though. Good stuff.

(03-27-2024, 02:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I'm going to Bush, but not for them.  Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains is opening for them.  I'll probably stick around for Bush, but I wasn't really a fan growing up.

I wouldn't call them a favorite of mine. They have some good songs tho. 

A few years ago I went to a concert called Rock On The Range in Ohio. Massive amounts of bands. That's where I first seen them. The show was actually really good. We crowd surfed a young man in a wheel chair up to the stage and they let him stay up there. It was truly a great experience.
In Dougie I Trust!

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 02:52 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

My buddy and I might also go see Slash and his blues tour he's doing that's coming to the Amp. I really like that venue and the Florida Theater as well. I don't like Daily's though.

I haven't been to a concert in 30+ years, but damn did I see some good ones.

Off the top of my head:

Aerosmith - twice
Deep Purple
Alice Cooper
Queen - twice
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel
Yes
ELO
Skynyrd
Eagles
Joe Walsh
Pink Floyd
Fleetwood Mac
Simon and Garfunkel
Blood, Sweat, and Tears

There may be more but that's what I remember.  My biggest regret was not seeing Led Zepplin live.  I had tickets twice and some tragedy struck both times.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Best one I ever been to was my first..

Beastie Boys and Run DMC down in Miami..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 04:46 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-27-2024, 02:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I'm going to Bush, but not for them.  Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains is opening for them.  I'll probably stick around for Bush, but I wasn't really a fan growing up.

Speaking of concerts, I saw the Joe Satriani/Steve Vai show at the Florida Theater last night.  I had seen Vai before about 7 years ago in the same spot (damn I can't believe it was that long ago, feels like a year or 2 ago).  First time seeing Satch though.  Good stuff.

Wish I would have kept my eyes open for Satriani and Vai. That sounded like a good time. I missed out on seeing Devin Townsend and Dream Theater last year in June in Orlando. I regret it. Townsend did an album back in the 1990's with Vai if I am not mistaken. Vai may have actually been the guy that found him.

(03-27-2024, 04:02 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I haven't been to a concert in 30+ years, but damn did I see some good ones.

Off the top of my head:

Aerosmith - twice
Deep Purple
Alice Cooper
Queen - twice
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel
Yes
ELO
Skynyrd
Eagles
Joe Walsh
Pink Floyd
Fleetwood Mac
Simon and Garfunkel
Blood, Sweat, and Tears

There may be more but that's what I remember.  My biggest regret was not seeing Led Zepplin live.  I had tickets twice and some tragedy struck both times.

Man, these are awesome. Would have killed to have seen Queen live. Same with Pink Floyd, Billy Joel, Eagles, Skynyrd, Fleetwood Mac and Joe Walsh. Good stuff man. 

I saw Alice Cooper last year in Daytona at Rockville. He put on a really good show. His guitarists are all really good. In particular, Nita Strauss. She was killer up there on stage.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Concerts suck.

Just saying.. been to a lot. Never had a good time. The people I went with did. I just thought man this is boring.

They no longer hold it, but in Ohio there use to be a concert called Rock on the Range and it always had a bunch of bands. I only went 1 year, looking back wish I would of went more often.

to name a few:
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Smashing Pumpkins
Korn
Bush
Stone Sour
Three Days Grace
Papa Roach
Volbeat
Skillet
Hollywood Undead

and so on. Over 40 bands.

That was all in 2013
In Dougie I Trust!

(03-28-2024, 02:30 PM)Hurricane Wrote: They no longer hold it, but in Ohio there use to be a concert called Rock on the Range and it always had a bunch of bands. I only went 1 year, looking back wish I would of went more often.

to name a few:
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Smashing Pumpkins
Korn
Bush
Stone Sour
Three Days Grace
Papa Roach
Volbeat
Skillet
Hollywood Undead

That was all in 2013

Have seen Korn live when Rockville was here in Jacksonville a year or two before Covid. Was fun. Saw Volbeat on tour with Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold in Orlando around the same year or time. Great act. Volbeat has a unique sound. It almost borders on rockabilly but then they rev up their sound and get heavier so it's unique to me. I like their singer. Had no idea they were Danish.

I attend about 80 concerts a year for one of my jobs, and about 90 more for the other job.
LOL

(03-28-2024, 03:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I attend about 80 concerts a year for one of my jobs, and about 90 more for the other job.
LOL

That's wild! In your experience, who do you think is a can't miss act? Also, do your ears ring permanently?

(03-28-2024, 03:04 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 03:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I attend about 80 concerts a year for one of my jobs, and about 90 more for the other job.
LOL

That's wild! In your experience, who do you think is a can't miss act? Also, do your ears ring permanently?

One of my favorite acts currently touring is the Tedeschi Trucks Band who are ironically a Jacksonville product. 
But I tend to enjoy most shows I attend for varying reasons. 
(Dereck Trucks is the nephew of Allman Bros. drummer Butch Trucks - a phenom slide gtr player - Susan Tedeschi is his wife and an incredible singer - they write together and produce awesome Americana/roots rock) 

Best show I remember attending that felt like a can't miss show was RUSH "Hold Your Fire" tour many, many years ago. I was a kid and totally blown away. 

Since one of my jobs is producing and promoting concerts at a venue - I don't often get to book the stuff I necessarily want to see, but rather stuff guaranteed to put butts in seats and make money. 

And my other job is touring and playing shows on stage to crowds of 1500-3000 ppl. So that one doesn't give me a wide range of artists to take in except when I am doing a festival or we get some really good opening acts on a tour.

So I may only happen across 10-12 artists each year that have a chance to make that sort of impression on me.  

A few years ago I was at a festival that got moved to an indoor theater due to weather and we played just before a not yet super famous Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit. 
I stood in the side wings of the stage and watched him deliver a performance of some newly written songs (one of which was destined to become a hit soon thereafter) and was mesmerized at how he captured the previously raucous and rowdy room with well crafted song after song. I guess I'd put that group on my shortlist somewhere if you like singer/songwriter stuff. He has a real knack for it. 

I'll think of some others and post later.

I do have hearing loss and tinitus. It's a real problem. The use of in ear monitoring systems helps, and I wish I'd been doing it my whole career. 

Many venues now impose a DB limit of anywhwere from 98-104 decibels. 
110-120 db shows used to be the norm. 
2 hours of that will wreck you.

(03-28-2024, 02:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 02:30 PM)Hurricane Wrote: They no longer hold it, but in Ohio there use to be a concert called Rock on the Range and it always had a bunch of bands. I only went 1 year, looking back wish I would of went more often.

to name a few:
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Smashing Pumpkins
Korn
Bush
Stone Sour
Three Days Grace
Papa Roach
Volbeat
Skillet
Hollywood Undead

That was all in 2013

Have seen Korn live when Rockville was here in Jacksonville a year or two before Covid. Was fun. Saw Volbeat on tour with Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold in Orlando around the same year or time. Great act. Volbeat has a unique sound. It almost borders on rockabilly but then they rev up their sound and get heavier so it's unique to me. I like their singer. Had no idea they were Danish.

I was at both of those shows as well.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2024, 01:19 PM by Mikey.)

(03-28-2024, 02:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [...] Saw Volbeat on tour with Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold in Orlando around the same year or time. Great act. Volbeat has a unique sound. It almost borders on rockabilly but then they rev up their sound and get heavier so it's unique to me. I like their singer. Had no idea they were Danish.

Yeah, a friend of mine turned me on to them a few years back, they have a great sound. You can't tell they're foreign until the chat in between songs. Dude is big on Johnny Cash and Elvis and you can hear tones of their twang in his delivery.

They're one of the few bands I would shell out to see live these days.

LOL

be honest, how many of the shows make it more like work and less like getting paid to see cool music? Big Grin

(03-29-2024, 01:17 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 02:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [...] Saw Volbeat on tour with Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold in Orlando around the same year or time. Great act. Volbeat has a unique sound. It almost borders on rockabilly but then they rev up their sound and get heavier so it's unique to me. I like their singer. Had no idea they were Danish.

Yeah, a friend of mine turned me on to them a few years back, they have a great sound. You can't tell they're foreign until the chat in between songs. Dude is big on Johnny Cash and Elvis and you can hear tones of their twang in his delivery.

They're one of the few bands I would shell out to see live these days.

LOL

be honest, how many of the shows make it more like work and less like getting paid to see cool music? Big Grin

Most

But there are almost always redeeming moments that balance it out a bit

For those of you mentioning VOLBEAT:

I happen to be in a dressing room backstage at a theater in Ohio today and as I'm reading this thread I look up where dozens of bands have graffiti'd the brick wall and saw this -

[Image: VOL2.png]