Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Happy Transgender Visibility Day!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 05:03 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-31-2024, 04:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 03:49 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I do not know a single transgender person.  I wonder how many there really are.

Not many. So, it makes you wonder why there has been such a concerted effort from the left to create more by indoctrinating children and trying to allow them to make life and body altering decisions at such a young age.

When this first started hitting mainstream in 2015ish, it was something ridiculously small, like .04% of all Americans. However, that's enough to fill up the city of Boston, so it is a sizeable portion. That said, the increase in teenage trangenderism has skyrocketed. I know it was at .07% in 2017, and it was at 1.8% in 2021. I believe it's over 2% now. As a whole, I think 1% of adults in the US identify as Trans. The non-binary number is over 3%, but I think a lot of that is faddish and not as serious.

You ask a good question, though. They clearly aren't catering to a base, right? It's a statistically insignificant portion of the population. So, either they really believe in it, or they are intentionally creating it. I think both are true, depending on who you're asking.

(03-31-2024, 03:49 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 12:04 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Happy Transgender Visibility Day! Make sure you tell a transgender person you know that you see them for what they really are.

I do not know a single transgender person.  I wonder how many there really are.

Counting them isn't the easiest thing because not all attempts at transitioning "stick".
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-31-2024, 05:01 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 04:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Not many. So, it makes you wonder why there has been such a concerted effort from the left to create more by indoctrinating children and trying to allow them to make life and body altering decisions at such a young age.

When this first started hitting mainstream in 2015ish, it was something ridiculously small, like .04% of all Americans. However, that's enough to fill up the city of Boston, so it is a sizeable portion. That said, the increase in teenage trangenderism has skyrocketed. I know it was at .07% in 2017, and it was at 1.8% in 2021. I believe it's over 2% now. As a whole, I think 1% of adults in the US identify as Trans. The non-binary number is over 3%, but I think a lot of that is faddish and not as serious.

You ask a good question, though. They clearly aren't catering to a base, right? It's a statistically insignificant portion of the population. So, either they really believe in it, or they are intentionally creating it. I think both are true, depending on who you're asking.

The story the Democrats tell themselves is that they stick up for the little guy while Republicans are for the rich and for bigots.  They aren't ready to say that was the past 

Once it got harder to find Republicans who spoke against homosexuality or racial equality they had to come up with a new wedge issue to perpetuate their self perception.  It is about their base, even though very very few of their base are trans.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 05:55 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-31-2024, 05:01 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 04:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Not many. So, it makes you wonder why there has been such a concerted effort from the left to create more by indoctrinating children and trying to allow them to make life and body altering decisions at such a young age.

I think it's a knee-jerk reaction by progressives.  A new social movement, so they all have to jump on board.  No one wants to be left behind.  They all want to take credit for being early on the latest social change.   In progressive circles, people who were early on civil rights or women's rights are lionized.  So they all say, oooh, this is the latest thing, let's all get on board.  That's my theory; it's just knee-jerk progressivism.

They aren't really thinking about the implications of what they are doing.  They see a new group of people who are claiming oppression by bigots, and they all get behind it.

I see it from left and right.  If you move in certain circles, and only see and hear one side of things, it's easy to get indoctrinated and not think for yourself.  Like Wingerdinger, for example.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 07:11 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(03-30-2024, 08:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: They really only needed to wait one more day.

They really missed a golden opportunity, didn't they?  It would have taken some real balls to do that though.

(03-31-2024, 07:10 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 08:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: They really only needed to wait one more day.

They really missed a golden opportunity, didn't they?  It would have taken some real balls to do that though.

'No problem. We have those.'

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...ipo=images]

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 08:37 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-31-2024, 08:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 07:10 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: They really missed a golden opportunity, didn't they?  It would have taken some real balls to do that though.

(S)he's the Adam's Apple of someone's eye..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I think TG Day needs to coincide and should only be celebrated during the solar eclipse to make it really special.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2024, 10:49 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-31-2024, 08:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 07:10 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: They really missed a golden opportunity, didn't they?  It would have taken some real balls to do that though.

Not after he willingly feeds them to the garbage disposal.

(04-01-2024, 10:49 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 08:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: 'No problem. We have those.'

Not after he willingly feeds them to the garbage disposal.

'Willingly? No, I stole them.'

OK, Y'all know pretty much about me here and how I prefer to be. Now, I have several friends in the G/B/L/T community and we all feel the same way about these "activist" that re trying to ram things down societies throat........ WE FREAKING HATE THEM!!!!!! Everyone I know within that community, and other CD's/Transvestites I know, well, we just try to fly under the radar as best as we can. We just want to live our lives like everyone else and just be another face in the crowd. That's all we want. The activist within these communities are the minority yet, they get the most attention because they SHOUT the LOUDEST...... That's no way to get any point across or to make others just let you live without any backlash.......

[Image: hens.jpg]
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(04-01-2024, 11:47 AM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, Y'all know pretty much about me here and how I prefer to be. Now, I have several friends in the G/B/L/T community and we all feel the same way about these "activist" that re trying to ram things down societies throat........ WE FREAKING HATE THEM!!!!!! Everyone I know within that community, and other CD's/Transvestites I know, well, we just try to fly under the radar as best as we can. We just want to live our lives like everyone else and just be another face in the crowd. That's all we want. The activist within these communities are the minority yet, they get the most attention because they SHOUT the LOUDEST...... That's no way to get any point across or to make others just let you live without any backlash.......

[Image: hens.jpg]

We know where you stand, Drifter, and no one here has a problem with you. As you say, it's the demented freaks that want to use dick saws on elementary school-aged children to advance their agenda, and the political party that gives them voice.

I have to echo Homey..

Drift is a freak like the rest of us and just as harmless..

He's definitely NOT the enemy..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

There's make believe and then there's make you believe. It's the latter that is dangerous.

[Image: 424638501-10160997672073818-376025760475961121-n.jpg]
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

[Image: 434748763-406251105533965-6245817152645232676-n.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2024, 10:57 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Just wish the entire TG thing was more popular 30+ years ago as I could have dominated our girls HS basketball and soccer teams.  I could have been the TG version of Caitlan Clark in women's hoops !!!!

If this was popular 30 years ago, there's not a single record that would still be held by a woman.

[Image: 435742168-361826820185969-6743889607978867941-n.jpg]

The Bossman is not very "Woke" LOL.......