Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
THIS is how you promote your cause

This is how you get people to pay attention to what you're trying to say. If you do it right you'll get the message out in a way that is positive. I don't agree with the whole trans thing in general because it literally makes no sense to me, but this person is an adult and makes her own decisions and I can respect that because she's not demanding I accept anything. 

Link

Hunter Schafer has revealed that she no longer wishes to accept transgender roles after her breakout performance in HBO’s young adult drama Euphoria.

The 25-year-old actress told GQ that she had been offered “tons of trans roles” but does not want her gender identity to define her work in the future.

“I don't want to be [reduced to] that, and I find it ultimately demeaning to me and what I want to do,” Schafer said. “I worked so hard to get to where I am, past these really hard points in my transition, and now I just want to be a girl and finally move on.”

Schafer said her ability to reject trans roles was a “privilege,” but she believes that she can further the cause of the transgender community simply by honing her craft.

“I know for a fact that I'm one of the most famous trans people in media right now, and I do feel a sense of responsibility, and maybe a little bit of guilt, for not being more of a spokesperson," she explained.

"But ultimately, I really do believe that not making it the centerpiece to what I'm doing will allow me to get further. And I think getting further and doing awesome s***, in the interest of ‘the movement,' will be way more helpful than talking about it all the time."

I do realize there are times that more action or louder discussion needs to be taken for a cause but how the progressives have tried to brow beat folks to accept their gender movement is not how you do it. 

I also appreciate how she sees that being typecast could be demeaning to her. Actors in general don't like being typecast (unless it's the only way they get jobs I suppose) and I can see how someone like her would be impacted more by it. She wants to be seen as more than her gender choice and that's not really different than someone like Pamela Anderson wanting to be seen as more than a blonde bimbo, T&A type. I think we can all relate to that in our own way. 

Unless your Winger and don't get a rat's rear end. He is a unique one and he's cool with it.  Big Grin  So it Drifter, just in a different way. Lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2024, 03:35 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Adults can do whatever they want, that's part of growing up and living your life the way you see fit and I respect the hell out of that..

Just don't involve children with your gender or sexual choices..

I don't understand how to be more tolerant than that.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(04-03-2024, 03:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Adults can do whatever they want, that's part of growing up and living your life the way you see fit and I respect the hell out of that..

Agreed.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-03-2024, 02:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This is how you get people to pay attention to what you're trying to say. If you do it right you'll get the message out in a way that is positive. I don't agree with the whole trans thing in general because it literally makes no sense to me, but this person is an adult and makes her own decisions and I can respect that because she's not demanding I accept anything. 

Link

Hunter Schafer has revealed that she no longer wishes to accept transgender roles after her breakout performance in HBO’s young adult drama Euphoria.

The 25-year-old actress told GQ that she had been offered “tons of trans roles” but does not want her gender identity to define her work in the future.

“I don't want to be [reduced to] that, and I find it ultimately demeaning to me and what I want to do,” Schafer said. “I worked so hard to get to where I am, past these really hard points in my transition, and now I just want to be a girl and finally move on.”

Schafer said her ability to reject trans roles was a “privilege,” but she believes that she can further the cause of the transgender community simply by honing her craft.

“I know for a fact that I'm one of the most famous trans people in media right now, and I do feel a sense of responsibility, and maybe a little bit of guilt, for not being more of a spokesperson," she explained.

"But ultimately, I really do believe that not making it the centerpiece to what I'm doing will allow me to get further. And I think getting further and doing awesome s***, in the interest of ‘the movement,' will be way more helpful than talking about it all the time."

I do realize there are times that more action or louder discussion needs to be taken for a cause but how the progressives have tried to brow beat folks to accept their gender movement is not how you do it. 

I also appreciate how she sees that being typecast could be demeaning to her. Actors in general don't like being typecast (unless it's the only way they get jobs I suppose) and I can see how someone like her would be impacted more by it. She wants to be seen as more than her gender choice and that's not really different than someone like Pamela Anderson wanting to be seen as more than a blonde bimbo, T&A type. I think we can all relate to that in our own way. 

Unless your Winger and don't get a rat's rear end. He is a unique one and he's cool with it.  Big Grin  So it Drifter, just in a different way. Lol.

Hunter has a ton of talent. I like the show personally. I can respect the fact that she's trying to break the mold. Being typecasted is a death sentence for most actors. Game of Thrones is a good example. Peter Dinklage will never get much work due to his dwarfism but his ability to bring Tyrion Lannister to life was incredibly well done and it was a match made in heaven. With that said, he's a talented actor capable of displaying really good emotion on the big screen. 

I can't think of many actors breaking out from that show since then. Even the actor that played Jon Snow, Kit Harrington, he's fallen a bit into the typecast roles. Hunter I think has the potential to do something Jaye Davidson didn't have in his heart to do after a good stint in the 90's as a gay man. His androgynous look at the time alienated him in the Hollywood circuit but his roles in The Crying Game and Stargate are still remembered till this day and well respected. 
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-03-2024, 03:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Adults can do whatever they want, that's part of growing up and living your life the way you see fit and I respect the hell out of that..

It's the crazies that demand we accept it all. They must be seen and we all must agree with them. In their minds anyway. I have no use and no respect for them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-03-2024, 04:09 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

It's the crazies that demand we accept it all. They must be seen and we all must agree with them. In their minds anyway. I have no use and no respect for them.

Yup.. Agreed.

The best way to get what you want is by showing that you're no threat. Once you start threatening other people's way of life, yours gets more difficult.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(04-03-2024, 03:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Hunter has a ton of talent. I like the show personally. I can respect the fact that she's trying to break the mold. Being typecasted is a death sentence for most actors. Game of Thrones is a good example. Peter Dinklage will never get much work due to his dwarfism but his ability to bring Tyrion Lannister to life was incredibly well done and it was a match made in heaven. With that said, he's a talented actor capable of displaying really good emotion on the big screen. 

I can't think of many actors breaking out from that show since then. Even the actor that played Jon Snow, Kit Harrington, he's fallen a bit into the typecast roles. Hunter I think has the potential to do something Jaye Davidson didn't have in his heart to do after a good stint in the 90's as a gay man. His androgynous look at the time alienated him in the Hollywood circuit but his roles in The Crying Game and Stargate are still remembered till this day and well respected. 

I just looked her up on IMDB and I would never have known she was once a dude by any of those photos. Her boobs are obviously not natural by the shape of them but I am actually impressed. That feels odd to say. Lol.

Mark Harmon is one who was stigmatized for a very long time for his excellent yet super creepy portrayal of Ted Bundy in The Deliberate Stranger (1986). Like, not necessarily in Hollywood because he kept getting work, but from the audience. I know I had a hard time seeing him as anyone else until he started NCIS. 

Of course I lived two blocks from the school where Bundy kidnapped his last victim, Kimberly Leach. Though it was several years later that we moved there and several more when I actually attended that school, stories were told and it was pretty scary for a young girl to hear. He was still alive and on death row when this aired on NBC and because he murdered a local girl he was in the local news. I was 14 years old at the time.  

So yeah, Mark Harmon was Ted Bundy for a long time to a lot of people. 

Back on topic, I'll have to watch something Hunter Schafer is in. I'm curious now. And you're right about Peter Dinklage. Dude is a really good actor but won't be in any "regular" roles because of his stature.

(04-03-2024, 04:09 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

They demand to be exalted rather than tolerated.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato