Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NPR suspends veteran editor who blew whistle on liberal bias

Real journalism died with Walter Cronkite, Chet Huntley and David Brinkley (Network news) and Ernie Pyle (print)

NPR suspends veteran editor who blew whistle on liberal bias at organization

Uri Berliner has been suspended for five days without pay after criticizing outlet's liberal bias

NPR has suspended veteran editor Uri Berliner after he detailed his employer’s "absence of viewpoint diversity" last week in a stunning rebuke of the news organization. 
NPR media reporter David Folkenflik reported the five-day suspension without pay began on Friday. 
Berliner penned a bombshell piece in the Free Press that criticized NPR’s coverage of Russiagate, the COVID lab leak theory, Hunter Biden’s scandalous laptop, embrace of the theory of systemic racism and accused the organization of downplaying antisemitism following Oct. 7. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/npr-suspen...ganization
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hopefully he ends up at News Nation.

No suprize here. NPR has been masquerading as a bastion of moderation for years, even tho anyone who has paid attention to thier content would know otherwise.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

NPR has been fake news for a long, long time.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

GOP senator eyes legislation to defund 'propagandist' NPR after suspension of whistleblower
'NPR should not receive our tax dollars,' Sen Marsha Blackburn says

Sen. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., is planning to propose new legislative action that would threaten to cut National Public Radio's (NPR) federal funding if passed, prompted by the news that it suspended an editor who went viral for exposing the outlet's partisan uniformity in its newsroom.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-sen...stleblower
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

I don't really have an issue with this. What company wouldn't suspend an employee who went out and publicly trashed the organization? I have no disagreement with what he said, but I can understand NPR being pissed at how he went about it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-17-2024, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't really have an issue with this. What company wouldn't suspend an employee who went out and publicly trashed the organization? I have no disagreement with what he said, but I can understand NPR being pissed at how he went about it.

They get federal money. 

If they were a truly private company I wouldn't care much.

(04-17-2024, 02:54 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't really have an issue with this. What company wouldn't suspend an employee who went out and publicly trashed the organization? I have no disagreement with what he said, but I can understand NPR being pissed at how he went about it.

They get federal money. 

Is he protected from "Conduct Detrimental" for some reason because of that?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

They definitely shouldn't get government money be it local, state or federal. Let all the liberals fund them.

Once again, we chase rabbits. The firing of this journalist is not important. What IS important is that a government funded media group is partisan, which means Republicans are paying to advance the cause of Progressive Democrats. That's ridiculous. Who care about the journalist. Remove funding and they can do what they want. If not, then they do need to make attempts to be non-partisan, and the dude is a whistleblower and should be protected.

(04-18-2024, 08:11 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Once again, we chase rabbits. The firing of this journalist is not important. What IS important is that a government funded media group is partisan, which means Republicans are paying to advance the cause of Progressive Democrats. That's ridiculous. Who care about the journalist. Remove funding and they can do what they want. If not, then they do need to make attempts to be non-partisan, and the dude is a whistleblower and should be protected.

Rabidly partisan. Have you ever seen “journalists” from the CBC outright protest and disrupt Pierre Poilievre in Canada? It’s sickening. He even calls them out as a state sponsored political arm for Trudeau and his party, and they make NO attempt to hide it.

Yeah, it's nuts. To butts.

(04-18-2024, 08:30 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Yeah, it's nuts. To butts.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7usb9dt6pd0ou171vws...y.gif&ct=g]

Funny how the people who seem to follow and even defend NPR aren't in this thread to play hero and tell us how accurate NPR really is..

Where's Mikesez?!?

(04-18-2024, 08:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Funny how the people who seem to follow and even defend NPR aren't in this thread to play hero and tell us how accurate NPR really is..

Where's Mikesez?!?

No principles.

Years ago, Bill O’Reilly had a correspondent from NPR on his show and debated her about their bias. Of course she defended them. Lo and behold, one of their leadership followed up with a statement the next day saying that in several instances NPR did indeed appear to carry the water of Democrat politics. That was in the waning days of journalistic integrity. Were he to do that today, his career would be ruined and his family intimidated.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2024, 08:46 AM by snarkyguy_he_him_his. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-17-2024, 10:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 02:54 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: They get federal money. 

Is he protected from "Conduct Detrimental" for some reason because of that?

If he had made an article condemning Israel and calling their war on terrorism "genocide" NPR wouldn't have a problem. This is government sponsored drivel for liberals - they shouldnt be able to overtly punish a man for telling the truth while still getting federal funding. 

If the Daily Wire or HuffPost (if they still exist lol) did this I wouldn't care. Those are privately funded companies and therefore can fire, hire and suspend whoever they want

(04-18-2024, 08:45 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 10:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Is he protected from "Conduct Detrimental" for some reason because of that?

If he had made an article condemning Israel and calling their war on terrorism "genocide" NPR wouldn't have a problem. This is government sponsored drivel for liberals - they shouldnt be able to overtly punish a man for telling the truth while still getting federal funding. 

If the Daily Wire or HuffPost (if they still exist lol) did this I wouldn't care. Those are privately funded companies and therefore can fire, hire and suspend whoever they want

So, no...you don't see it. He knowingly violated the company policy on moonlighting, got a light suspension, and now he's quit over it. He could've just sat for an interview with a journalist at their site but he penned the article himself. That was his mistake. As I said, I agree with what he said, but he didn't play it the right way, but to his credit, he certainly made himself into a martyr over it.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2024, 10:49 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-18-2024, 08:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Funny how the people who seem to follow and even defend NPR aren't in this thread to play hero and tell us how accurate NPR really is..

Where's Mikesez?!?

NPR does not publish falsehoods.  They always say "it is alleged.." before saying something dubious.
As with other media outlets, the problem is not so much what they say, but what they choose to emphasize and what they choose to ignore.
The federal money they get is small potatoes. Most of their funding is private, from listeners and wealthy trusts. As much as I dislike the government funding, I'd find it more distasteful for an elected political partisan to go after them directly.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-18-2024, 10:49 AM)mikesez Wrote:

Where's Mikesez?!?

NPR does not publish falsehoods.  They always say "it is alleged.." before saying something dubious.
As with other media outlets, the problem is not so much what they say, but what they choose to emphasize and what they choose to ignore.
The federal money they get is small potatoes.  Most of their funding is private, from listeners and wealthy trusts. As much as I dislike the government funding, I'd find it more distasteful for an elected political partisan to go after them directly.

Everything about NPR is a falsehood.. And that makes you a falsehood too.. 

You want to believe their bull [BLEEP]? You become bull [BLEEP]..