Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NPR suspends veteran editor who blew whistle on liberal bias

(04-20-2024, 04:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 03:52 PM)mikesez Wrote: This thread has less than 60 posts. 
No fraudulent voters have been named. 
I need 100 names, with addresses.

Tell your RINO leaders to release them..

It would only take one.  One county supervisor or staff.  Just one to show a significant fraud problem in their county.  3,143 counties in this country and none of the staff at any of their offices will stand up and release the evidence that Trump actually won?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Most people run out of a warehouse screaming 'fire' when they smell smoke..

You drop and play dead..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(04-20-2024, 12:25 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 11:21 AM)copycat Wrote: So you admit you don’t seek facts, just honest opinions.

I seek facts as well of course.  Why would you assume otherwise?

That is what you eluded to.

I asked for integrity from journalists.  You stated my opinions are outdated.  You are comfortable getting your information from NPR where you acknowledged that they don’t report the news but give you honest opinions.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-21-2024, 10:11 AM)copycat Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 12:25 PM)mikesez Wrote: I seek facts as well of course.  Why would you assume otherwise?

That is what you eluded to.

I asked for integrity from journalists.  You stated my opinions are outdated.  You are comfortable getting your information from NPR where you acknowledged that they don’t report the news but give you honest opinions.

You're twisting everything I said.

The idea that a news source has to talk to "both sides of the issue" to be "balanced" is the only thing that's outdated.

Integrity actually means saying and acting on what you believe, since you brought it up.

(04-21-2024, 12:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 10:11 AM)copycat Wrote: That is what you eluded to.

The idea that a news source has to talk to "both sides of the issue" to be "balanced" is the only thing that's outdated new narrative I'm being fed. 

Integrity actually means saying and acting on what you are told to believe, since you brought it up.

I fixed this for you, so that post can have integrity.

The idea that a news source has to talk to "both sides of the issue" to be "balanced" is the only thing that's outdated.

Integrity actually means saying and acting on what you believe, since you brought it up.

Bruh you literally said that you want to read honest opinions, not honest news.

Opinions are like [BLEEP], you know the rest.

Opinions are emotional. Facts are not.

(04-21-2024, 04:14 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 12:07 PM)mikesez Wrote: You're twisting everything I said.

Amazing that he doesn't understand that concept..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

No I am not twisting anything.  You constantly play the contrarian but what do YOU actually stand for?  No one here knows because you post crap just to post crap.  

The simple fact THAT A NEWS SOURCE should post nothing but facts with ZERO opinion seems outdated to you dismays me.  It makes me weep for the future.  I weep for my children, for my grandchildren and for their children, and yes even for you.  You are being manipulated and you don’t even realise it.   Sadly you have been educated to the point you can no longer question anything you are being fed.  They are pissing on you, telling you it is raining and you collect it so you can drink it in case of drought.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-21-2024, 04:14 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:

Around post 48.  I said I like to read honest opinions.  And I said right there, I like facts too.  Stop accusing and start reading, please.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2024, 07:31 PM by mikesez. Edited 5 times in total.)

(04-21-2024, 05:55 PM)copycat Wrote:

No I am not twisting anything.  You constantly play the contrarian but what do YOU actually stand for?  No one here knows because you post crap just to post crap.  

The simple fact THAT A NEWS SOURCE should post nothing but facts with ZERO opinion seems outdated to you dismays me.  It makes me weep for the future.  I weep for my children, for my grandchildren and for their children, and yes even for you.  You are being manipulated and you don’t even realise it.   Sadly you have been educated to the point you can no longer question anything you are being fed.  They are pissing on you, telling you it is raining and you collect it so you can drink it in case of drought.

We are not talking about the difference between fact and opinion.  We are talking about bias.  As I already explained, even if a news source only ever publishes facts, there is still a subjective factor or bias when it comes to which stories and facts are "fit to print" or worth setting aside time for.  If that news source goes ahead and also publishes their opinion, they are doing you a favor because they are helping you understand why they selected the facts and stories they select.

What do I stand for? I think I've been pretty clear that I thought Trump's character was not nearly good enough to be President back in 2015.  In 2019 I said he abused his foreign relations power to try to oppress Democrats and that he should have been removed from office because it was exactly the type of thing Putin did to turn Russia into a one party state.  Then Marco Rubio told me it was too close to the election to have the Senate remove him, and the voters should decide if Trump should be removed or not, and I like Marco mostly, so I did as he said and voted Biden.  These are all stances I took.

I'm definitely not getting pissed on. I am prospering. I own my house outright and I could buy a few more similar homes with cash if I wanted to. I don't say that to brag, but only because you said I'm a victim somehow.

(04-21-2024, 07:24 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 05:55 PM)copycat Wrote: No I am not twisting anything.  You constantly play the contrarian but what do YOU actually stand for?  No one here knows because you post crap just to post crap.  

We are not talking about the difference between fact and opinion.  We are talking about bias.  As I already explained, even if a news source only ever publishes facts, there is still a subjective factor or bias when it comes to which stories and facts are "fit to print" or worth setting aside time for.  If that news source goes ahead and also publishes their opinion, they are doing you a favor because they are helping you understand why they selected the facts and stories they select.

What do I stand for? I think I've been pretty clear that I thought Trump's character was not nearly good enough to be President back in 2015.  In 2019 I said he abused his foreign relations power to try to oppress Democrats and that he should have been removed from office because it was exactly the type of thing Putin did to turn Russia into a one party state.  Then Marco Rubio told me it was too close to the election to have the Senate remove him, and the voters should decide if Trump should be removed or not, and I like Marco mostly, so I did as he said and voted Biden.  These are all stances I took.

I'm definitely not getting pissed on.  I am prospering.  I own my house outright and I could buy a few more similar homes with cash if I wanted to.  I don't say that to brag, but only because you said I'm a victim somehow.

Exactly none of this tells us what YOU stand for, only what politicians tell you to believe. 

And you assume you're prosperous because you don't have a victim mentality.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 07:48 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-21-2024, 10:49 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 07:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: We are not talking about the difference between fact and opinion.  We are talking about bias.  As I already explained, even if a news source only ever publishes facts, there is still a subjective factor or bias when it comes to which stories and facts are "fit to print" or worth setting aside time for.  If that news source goes ahead and also publishes their opinion, they are doing you a favor because they are helping you understand why they selected the facts and stories they select.

I'm definitely not getting pissed on.  I am prospering.  I own my house outright and I could buy a few more similar homes with cash if I wanted to.  I don't say that to brag, but only because you said I'm a victim somehow.

Exactly none of this tells us what YOU stand for, only what politicians tell you to believe. 

And you assume you're prosperous because you don't have a victim mentality.

What an odd statement.  What do you stand for? What if you took a little time out of your day to tell me, and then I told you, "oh, that's just what THEY tell you to believe." I wouldn't do that, but maybe I should so you know how it feels.

I'm just constantly surprised how quickly my words get twisted around here.  Copycat said I was getting pissed on, I replied I'm prospering, not to brag, just to explain I'm not a victim, that I'm not getting pissed on, and you somehow translate that I think I'm prospering because I don't have a "victim mentality".  That's not what I said! I never said why I'm blessed financially and I certainly wouldn't chalk it up to "victim mentality" if I did.

House Freedom Caucus chair calls for end to taxpayer-funded media after NPR scandal ends with editor's exit
Rep Bob Good unveils new bill aimed at defunding NPR

House Freedom Caucus Chair Bob Good, R-Va., is calling for an end to taxpayer-funded media, the latest top Republican to push back on National Public Radio (NPR) after a now-former employee accused it of operating with an overwhelming left-wing bias.

Good’s new Defund NPR Act, introduced Friday, would block federal funding from going directly toward NPR and also block public radio stations that get federal grants from using those taxpayer funds to buy content from or pay dues to NPR as a member station.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-f...pr-scandal
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!