Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 NFL Power Rankings May 5th 2024

[Image: yq5ql7uezyxc1.jpeg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-05-2024, 10:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [Image: yq5ql7uezyxc1.jpeg]

Josh Kendall must be a high functioning [BLEEP].

Well, I guess there’s only one thing left to do.

life size!

I hold these in roughly the same esteem you hold mocks.
In reality, though, we are one injury away from a miserable season. Unlike Wolife, I got zero faith in Mac

[Image: uw4wm6c0uuyc1.jpeg]

This [BLEEP] is comedy. I mean it's some [BLEEP]'s opinion and not fact, so nothing to get bent out of shape over, however, this team was 8-3 and playing for the 1 seed last season and injuries and Fortner being exposed derailed the end of the year in an epic collapse. That sequence doesn't equal bottom 25% of the league power ranking.

Breaking mine up a bit, instead of having an actual ranking for 2025, I'll just a tier list template:

Super Bowl Caliber Teams:
Kansas City
San Francisco
Detroit
Baltimore

Deep In The Play-Off's Teams:
Green Bay
Cincinatti 
Los Angeles (NFC)
Jacksonville

Play-Off Teams:
New York (AFC)
Pittsburgh
Houston
Tampa Bay
Philadelphia
Atlanta

Middle of the Pack Teams:
Los Angeles (AFC)
Cleveland
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Las Vegas
Arizona
Miami
New Orleans
Washington
Seattle
Buffalo
Dallas

Basement Teams:
Carolina
Chicago
New England
Denver
New York (NFC)
Minnesota
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-08-2024, 05:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Breaking mine up a bit, instead of having an actual ranking for 2025, I'll just a tier list template:

Kansas City
San Francisco
Detroit
Baltimore

Green Bay
Cincinatti 
Los Angeles (NFC)
Jacksonville

Play-Off Teams:
New York (AFC)
Pittsburgh
Houston
Tampa Bay
Philadelphia
Atlanta

Los Angeles (AFC)
Cleveland
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Las Vegas
Arizona
Miami
New Orleans
Washington
Seattle
Buffalo
Dallas

Basement Teams:
Carolina
Chicago
New England
Denver
New York (NFC)
Minnesota

Hehe, I see what you did there.  Blush 

I'll get on board with the following preconditions:

--Stroud really does have a sophomore slump, and/or multi-game injury
--Diggs attitude brings down the receiver room
--There's no improvement for the young players on the Texans
--Mixon, Hunter, Autry, and the draft picks all fail to contribute
--The first place schedule and all the teams on it are just as good or better than they were last year
--Lots of injuries to the Oline...again

--Jaguars IOL is healthy all season long
--Trevor plays like he did in the 2nd half of his 2nd season throughout all of 2024, and stops fumbling the ball
--Jaguars running game reemerges
--The Jaguars defense improves from #22 to the upper #12 due to their new D coordinator

See, I'm agreeable.  Wink

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2024, 04:06 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-09-2024, 11:34 AM)cland Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 05:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Breaking mine up a bit, instead of having an actual ranking for 2025, I'll just a tier list template:

Kansas City
San Francisco
Detroit
Baltimore

Green Bay
Cincinatti 
Los Angeles (NFC)
Jacksonville

Play-Off Teams:
New York (AFC)
Pittsburgh
Houston
Tampa Bay
Philadelphia
Atlanta

Los Angeles (AFC)
Cleveland
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Las Vegas
Arizona
Miami
New Orleans
Washington
Seattle
Buffalo
Dallas

Basement Teams:
Carolina
Chicago
New England
Denver
New York (NFC)
Minnesota

Hehe, I see what you did there.  Blush 

I'll get on board with the following preconditions:

--Stroud really does have a sophomore slump, and/or multi-game injury
--Diggs attitude brings down the receiver room
--There's no improvement for the young players on the Texans
--Mixon, Hunter, Autry, and the draft picks all fail to contribute
--The first place schedule and all the teams on it are just as good or better than they were last year
--Lots of injuries to the Oline...again

--Jaguars IOL is healthy all season long
--Trevor plays like he did in the 2nd half of his 2nd season throughout all of 2024, and stops fumbling the ball
--Jaguars running game reemerges
--The Jaguars defense improves from #22 to the upper #12 due to their new D coordinator

See, I'm agreeable.  Wink

It was a coin toss for me. Obviously, I went with the homer in me. I think both teams will be in the play-off's, but, I just think the AFC will have a better showing in the post season. Giving the edge to Jacksonville because it's year four for Trevor, he has to show that he's ready to take that next step towards the elite QB's with a contract looming over his head. 

I don't expect Stroud to have a 2nd year slump though. I think they'll be a good play off team as a 5th - 7th seed this time around but they'll have to play either, a, Joe Burrow lead Bengals team on the road, or, a red hot New York Jets team with a resurging, comeback player of the year awarded Aaron Rodgers on the road. 

I can see Jacksonville getting a home game against Pittsburgh, for old rivalry sake, and that's with a resurging Russel Wilson at QB knowing it's probably his last shot to prove the doubters of his wrong. 

Just seems like the AFC will have THAT kind of year script and storyline wise.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Hehe, I guess I'm becoming a little touchy over the "Stroud is 'due' for a slump next year" postings.  I get it from the fans of the opposing team, in terms of wishful thinking, but when they try to back it up with nonsense reasoning it's irritating.  ie. "He had all day to throw the ball." (He played against the Steelers with 1 starter, 3 2nd stringers, and a 3rd stringer against TJ Watt and blew them out 30-6.)  "He just chucks the ball deep and the receivers bail him out."  (Noah "who's that" Brown had 172 yard against the Bengals and 153 yards against the Bucs.) And finally "The Ravens figured him out." (Well they did, in that they sent a dominant 4 man pass rush that beat the pants off of a banged up IOL with both of their Gs out and a new to the position rookie C.)  As Peyton Manning once stated "I don't want to be a bad teammate..."

Looking at his overall game, it's hard to see where he'll decline short of season-ending injuries to the Oline.  He has great field vision quickly progressing from his 1st to his 4th read, throws an extremely accurate and anticipated ball, manipulates the secondary with eyes, and throws to the open man no matter whose name is on the back of the jersey.  To me, this is very different when compared to running QBs like Vince Young/Cam Newton where an ankle/knee sprain throws their entire game off.  Or an inaccurate QB like Jameis Winston who couldn't help but throw unforced interceptions.  Or a QB that who forces the ball to a dominant #1 receiver that goes and fetches it, where a double-team or injury could take away their safety option.

Here's the scary part, the NFL record-setting rookie QB may just come back better in his 2nd year.  Now maybe I've drank to much Kool Aid and I'm giving into homerism as well, but we'll have to wait for the season before we know.

PS. ^The Texans actually beat the Bengals on the road with a healthy Burrow last year.  Stroud marched them down the field for a game winning FG with 1:30 left in the game. Tongue

(05-10-2024, 11:54 AM)cland Wrote: Hehe, I guess I'm becoming a little touchy over the "Stroud is 'due' for a slump next year" postings.  I get it from the fans of the opposing team, in terms of wishful thinking, but when they try to back it up with nonsense reasoning it's irritating.  ie. "He had all day to throw the ball." (He played against the Steelers with 1 starter, 3 2nd stringers, and a 3rd stringer against TJ Watt and blew them out 30-6.)  "He just chucks the ball deep and the receivers bail him out."  (Noah "who's that" Brown had 172 yard against the Bengals and 153 yards against the Bucs.) And finally "The Ravens figured him out." (Well they did, in that they sent a dominant 4 man pass rush that beat the pants off of a banged up IOL with both of their Gs out and a new to the position rookie C.)  As Peyton Manning once stated "I don't want to be a bad teammate..."

Looking at his overall game, it's hard to see where he'll decline short of season-ending injuries to the Oline.  He has great field vision quickly progressing from his 1st to his 4th read, throws an extremely accurate and anticipated ball, manipulates the secondary with eyes, and throws to the open man no matter whose name is on the back of the jersey.  To me, this is very different when compared to running QBs like Vince Young/Cam Newton where an ankle/knee sprain throws their entire game off.  Or an inaccurate QB like Jameis Winston who couldn't help but throw unforced interceptions.  Or a QB that who forces the ball to a dominant #1 receiver that goes and fetches it, where a double-team or injury could take away their safety option.

Here's the scary part, the NFL record-setting rookie QB may just come back better in his 2nd year.  Now maybe I've drank to much Kool Aid and I'm giving into homerism as well, but we'll have to wait for the season before we know.

PS. ^The Texans actually beat the Bengals on the road with a healthy Burrow last year.  Stroud marched them down the field for a game winning FG with 1:30 left in the game. Tongue

So he had one game of Trevor's entire season then. He's fortunate.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato