Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** JAGUARS OFFICIAL SCHEDULE RELEASE THREAD ***

Schedule release - Wednesday

Good news.  Jags will NOT play the Packers or Vikings in London (since GB will be playing the Eagles in Brazil in week 1 and the Vikes are scheduled to play the Bears in London).

My Guess is we host the Texans in London, although I'd prefer the Jags-Titans game be moved to London.   Regarding our away game in London, I'm hoping it the Raiders since that's the Jags only game scheduled on the west coast, a region in which the Jags have historically played bad.  I also wouldn't designating the Philly away game for London so they Jags don't have to travel to that [BLEEP] hole ....

The Jaguars' home opponents for 2024:
Houston Texans (10-7 in 2023)
Indianapolis Colts (9-8)
Tennessee Titans (6-11)
New England Patriots (4-13)
New York Jets (7-10)
Green Bay Packers (9-8)
Minnesota Vikings (7-10)
Cleveland Browns (11-6)

The Jaguars' away opponents for 2024:
Tennessee Titans
Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans
Chicago Bears (7-10)
Detroit Lions (12-5)
Miami Dolphins (11-6)
Las Vegas Raiders (8-9)
Philadelphia Eagles (11-6)
Buffalo Bills (11-6)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

On 1010 this morning they floated a rumor the Jags will play Detroit on Thanksgiving. I hope so.

(05-13-2024, 11:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: On 1010 this morning they floated a rumor the Jags will play Detroit on Thanksgiving. I hope so.

That would be quite the experience since drinking starts at 9am, or much earlier for many residents, at Pete's annual Thanksgiving Block Party at Atlantic Beach.

(05-13-2024, 11:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: On 1010 this morning they floated a rumor the Jags will play Detroit on Thanksgiving. I hope so.

In looking at the Lions home schedule vs AFC teams, my prediction is they slate the Bills @ Lions in the Thanksgiving Opener.  Their home opponents vs AFC teams are the Bills, Jags, and Titans.  I'm going with Bills 65% chance, Jags 30%, and Titans 5%

That would be a lot of fun to watch on a special day. We shall see.

Love the Ravens @ Chiefs opener. To be honest, I'm kind of tired of the Bills v Chiefs matchup.

Patriots @ Jags in London (just got the email from the Jags)

Vegas is not the west coast, and they Have to play in vegas, I already got a place to stay!!!

Rumors say Jags @ Miami week 1.

Don't like that

I know I'm in the minority but I hate early season division games. I'd setup the schedule where the final six weeks are division only. Would make more games more meaningful late in the year due to the tiebreaker implications. And would likely foster more intense rivalries between division opponents as they fight for the playoffs.

(05-15-2024, 10:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rumors say Jags @ Miami week 1.

Don't like that

NFL typically does not schedule back to back home games in weeks 1 and 2 (although they just did for KC).  That said, given the Bills are at Miami in week 2, I'm going to assume Miami is away in week 1.

Miami is just brutal in Sept & Oct so I'm hoping for a Nov or Dec game down there to consider going ....

(05-15-2024, 08:39 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Patriots @ Jags in London (just got the email from the Jags)

https://x.com/Demetrius82/status/1790707181571977544

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...1571977544

Don't like that

I saw Jags @ Titans week 1 as well so who knows
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Kind of feels like it is adding up to 3 games at home prior to London (those will be in the probable extreme heat)

And 4 home games post-london trip (more temperate conditions)

Selfishly, I'm always keeping an eye on how many early season games are at home and hoping for more in Nov/Dec

(05-15-2024, 10:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 08:39 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Patriots @ Jags in London (just got the email from the Jags)

https://x.com/Demetrius82/status/1790707181571977544

I think we can beat the Bears and the Pats in back to back weeks.

Losing the Pats game to London hopefully isn't too disappointing. Feels like one of the games that would have been lower on people's list to see. Will be sold out in London whoever is playing. 

Looks like the back to back in London will be a thing going forwards. It worked last year and only losing 1 home game seems to be a compromise the league and team have agreed on. 

I do wonder how having the Jags twice a year will go with ticket sales going forward for UK fans. Most fans already have a team and the Bears and Pats have fans here anyway but fans of other teams may not be too bothered watching us two weeks in a row. They want to see their teams or other teams play.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2024, 11:11 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-15-2024, 10:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 10:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://x.com/Demetrius82/status/1790707181571977544

I think we can beat the Bears and the Pats in back to back weeks.

It's laid out so easy for us that I'm thinking we just send Mac Jones over to London and give Trevor a 2 week rest.

Since these 2 games are easy wins, it pretty much comes down to whether we should rest our starters for those 2 weeks or whether they go to London to simply pad their stats against the riff raff of the NFL.

Don't like that

I love it. Let’s get sacksonville going early

Just a guess but vs Houston week 18 makes sense.

Open vs Tennessee makes sense also.

I think Miami early may be to our advantage, because offense may take a little bit longer ti get in sync than our pass rush.