Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 Passing Offense Predictions

Kind of a boring time of the offseason right now unless you enjoy poring over the numbers in the proposed stadium deal, so here's a prediction thread to bide your Jags-related free time. 

I'm basing my guesses on the hope and theory that our primary passer and receivers are healthy for the majority of the 17 game regular season. 

Trevor Lawrence: 4275 yards - 26 TD - 10 INT

Christian Kirk - 1000 yards - 7 TD 
Evan Engram - 850 yards -  4 TD
Brian Thomas - 675 yards - 5 TD
Gabe Davis - 625 yards - 4 TD
Travis Etienne - 350 yards - 2 TD (rec)

Depth receivers and TEs collectively = 775 yards and 4 TD

One can dream, no? 
Cool

have at it

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-15-2024, 10:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Kind of a boring time of the offseason right now unless you enjoy poring over the numbers in the proposed stadium deal, so here's a prediction thread to bide your Jags-related free time. 

I'm basing my guesses on the hope and theory that our primary passer and receivers OLmen are healthy for the majority of the 17 game regular season. 

One can dream, no? 
Cool

have at it

FIFY  Tongue 

I would expect that Brian Thomas Jr. to have a bigger chunk of those yards, if you look at him as your #1 receiver.  I'm comparing him to the two receivers drafted at his position in the last draft, #23 Zay Flowers (858 yds, 5 TDs) and #24 Jordan Addison (911yds, 10 TDs) (although both outperformed the receivers taken above them in Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Quentin Johnston.)

(05-15-2024, 10:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Kind of a boring time of the offseason right now unless you enjoy poring over the numbers in the proposed stadium deal, so here's a prediction thread to bide your Jags-related free time. 

I'm basing my guesses on the hope and theory that our primary passer and receivers are healthy for the majority of the 17 game regular season. 

One can dream, no? 
Cool

have at it

[Image: giphy.gif]

Lawrence - 4,650 yds with 32 TDs and 9 Ints

Engram - 1,097 yds and 5 TDs
Kirk - 980 yds 5 TDs
Davis - 675 yds 4 TDS
BTj - 520 yds 9 TDs
Strange - 485 yds 4 TDs
ETN - 420 yds 1 TDs
Washington - 195 yds 2 TDs
Others- 86 yds 2TD
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-15-2024, 10:58 AM)cland Wrote:

I'm basing my guesses on the hope and theory that our primary passer and receivers OLmen are healthy for the majority of the 17 game regular season. 

One can dream, no? 
Cool

have at it

FIFY  Tongue 

I would expect that Brian Thomas Jr. to have a bigger chunk of those yards, if you look at him as your #1 receiver.  I'm comparing him to the two receivers drafted at his position in the last draft, #23 Zay Flowers (858 yds, 5 TDs) and #24 Jordan Addison (911yds, 10 TDs) (although both outperformed the receivers taken above them in Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Quentin Johnston.)

I look at him as the #1 receiver in 2025, and as a rookie being a rookie in 2024. 

The historical rate of rookie first round receivers sniffing 1000 yards in year one is low.
I'm playing the odds.

I'd love to see him be an exception to the rule, but I'm fairly realistic with the rooks. 

RE: your edit -
These production numbers do require our OL to move from the basement to near middle of the pack, but I didn't go down that road here since I've been a broken record about it for years on end around here.

I see BTJ asserting himself as the 1st or 2nd option by year's end and having a better season than you guys do.

(05-15-2024, 11:47 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I see BTJ asserting himself as the 1st or 2nd option by year's end and having a better season than you guys do.

I'm here for it. 
Just going conservative in my guesses here. 
FWIW - I'd see 2025 as a 1300 yard - 10 TD year after he acclimates as a rookie. 
Would love to end up being too safe with my 2024 estimates.

(05-15-2024, 11:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 11:47 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I see BTJ asserting himself as the 1st or 2nd option by year's end and having a better season than you guys do.

I'm here for it. 
Just going conservative in my guesses here. 
FWIW - I'd see 2025 as a 1300 yard - 10 TD year after he acclimates as a rookie. 
Would love to end up being too safe with my 2024 estimates.

I think it's more like what cland suggested in the 800+ yardage on the year with the majority of it coming in the 2nd half of the season.  I don't think he hits 1000 yards on the season, but I won't be overly shocked if he does either due to his speed and size.  

I hear you on generally tempering expectations on rookies, but there will be opportunity here early for his skill set because we don't have anyone else that possesses it.

Looks good. WRs that don’t drop the ball and stay healthy hopefully.

I just want to see Ramsey singled up on Thomas.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-15-2024, 11:21 PM)Jag149 Wrote: I just want to see Ramsey singled up on Thomas.

I honestly think Ramsey would have the advantage over the rookie. But it would be SWEET to see BTJ burn him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!