Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Welp

Tornadoes suck.

Tornado did a smush on our house, spent the better part of this past week sawing branches, stacking logs, calling contractors, seeking apartments, and occasionally putting in time at work.

People have been AWESOME through this whole thing, everyone around us immediately start conversations with "What can I do to help?" We have yet to lack a roof over our head or a meal on our table through this whole ordeal.

It's weird, I have yet to panic or lament, everyone is safe and things are just things.

We'll rebuild, and as the dust settles, I'll be back, like it or not. Wink

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

dang ... that's crazy. Glad you're safe and wishing you and your family the best. Coming to find out that no place seems safe from the elements anymore. Sad

Damn, sorry to hear that. At least y’all got through it safe. I know someone who went through it back in 2020, it was hard but they’ve rebuilt and are back to where they were before. Hang in there!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Hey, Mikey, glad you're okay.

WOW! Glad everyone is OK and you're finding resources of aid.
Is insurance seemingly ready to step up according to policy?

Dude, man.. That totally sucks. Hang in there!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Sorry to hear that, hope everything works out for you.

I live in Ohio near the Indiana border and tornados are becoming more and more. So far I've been lucky enough to not have any issues with my properties, but back in 2002 a tornado hit the factory I worked at. Luckily noone was there at the time. Being a team leader, I stayed over a few hours to finish up the job. Everyone else had left for the weekend. 2 hours later is when the tornado came through and leveled the place.

Last year we had a pretty significant one come through near Fort Wayne Indiana, still to this day theres quite a few houses that haven't been repaired yet. Roofs torn off, complete buildings blown over.
In Dougie I Trust!

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2024, 12:39 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-21-2024, 11:55 AM)Hurricane Wrote: Sorry to hear that, hope everything works out for you.

I live in Ohio near the Indiana border and tornados are becoming more and more. So far I've been lucky enough to not have any issues with my properties, but back in 2002 a tornado hit the factory I worked at. Luckily noone was there at the time. Being a team leader, I stayed over a few hours to finish up the job. Everyone else had left for the weekend. 2 hours later is when the tornado came through and leveled the place.

Last year we had a pretty significant one come through near Fort Wayne Indiana, still to this day theres quite a few houses that haven't been repaired yet. Roofs torn off, complete buildings blown over.

I just purchased a new roof for our home here in Green Cove earlier in the year. Our home insurance lapsed while the roof was being completed and before I got someone out to perform a 4.0 inspection. While we were waiting (without home insurance) we had a pretty big tornado one day a couple of months ago on the other side of the river (near Fruit Cove). Felt like standing on my roof with a sawn off lolol

The new roof definitely dropped my insurance premiums, went from almost $3k per year down to $700 for the year.. 

But, on the other hand, tornadoes don't give a [BLEEP] and they laugh at the age of your roof..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-20-2024, 06:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: WOW! Glad everyone is OK and you're finding resources of aid.
Is insurance seemingly ready to step up according to policy?

sounds like yes, but we'll see what number they are working with in a few.
I haven't had issue with them in the past on claims, but I'm sure they don't want to hand me a blank check either Wink

sorry to hear about the damages to your house,im super happy you ,and your family are safe though.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.