Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cory Linsley tore hamstring- big loss for the Packers

Linsley is one of the best centers in the league, while you never wish or cheer injury on an important, this bodes well for the Jags interior pass rush week 1.

via rotoworld

<p style="background-color:transparent;">Packers C Corey Linsley tore his hamstring twice this offseason, once in April and a second time in July, and is expected to open the season on reserve/PUP.

Linsley suffered the first tear while working out on his own after the Packers' first set of OTAs. He thought the injury had healed and began working out again in July, only to tear it again. Linsley is currently on active/PUP, but figures to open the year there and miss the first six weeks of the season. The 2014 fifth-rounder has started 33 games through two seasons and received really strong marks from Pro Football Focus for his run and pass blocking. J.C. Tretter will take over.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Chhhammmpppioonnshiiipppppp

Malik Jackson is happy.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Anyone know who their backup is?

Man if we could steal that game against the Packers that's huge.

Quote:Anyone know who their backup is?

Man if we could steal that game against the Packers that's huge.

JC Tretter, it wouldn't surprise me if they made a play for Bryan Stork.

Quote:Malik Jackson is happy.

No he's not. Players don't like opponents getting hurt. And because we host the Packers in Week 1, it makes no difference to him how severe the Corey Lindsley's injury is.

Quote:JC Tretter, it wouldn't surprise me if they made a play for Bryan Stork.

Tretter is a swing backup. He also subbed at left tackle last year.

Linsley suffered the first tear while working out on his own after the Packers' first set of OTAs. He thought the injury had healed and began working out again in July, only to tear it again.

How is this possible?? Wouldn't the medical staff be all over this?

Quote:Linsley suffered the first tear while working out on his own after the Packers' first set of OTAs. He thought the injury had healed and began working out again in July, only to tear it again.

A player working out on his own is not being watched by the medical staff.

Quote:Linsley suffered the first tear while working out on his own after the Packers' first set of OTAs. He thought the injury had healed and began working out again in July, only to tear it again.

Either he didnt realise how bad it was when it first happened or he knew but didn't tell the coaching staff about it.

Quote:Either he didn't realize how bad it was when it first happened or he knew but didn't tell the coaching staff about it.

I doubt Linsley would not tell the team how bad it was if he knew. Another possibility is he knew about the severity, but expected to heal faster.

I hope he's fully healed and ready to go by week 2

Quote:I hope he's fully healed and ready to go by week 2

I would love to see him fully healed by Week 1. We don't need a backup center to help us out. People may not give our defense enough credit for running past his replacement.

If a center makes the difference between us winning and losing in Green Bay, we're a bunch of phonies.

Quote:If a center makes the difference between us winning and losing in Green Bay, we're a bunch of phonies.

That makes no sense.

Ironically,  Corey Linsley emerged as the Packers starting C as a rookie because of an injury to J.C. Tretter.   It will be interesting to see if Tretter can it a difficult decision for the Packers coaches when Linsley is ready to return.  

Quote:Ironically,  Corey Linsley emerged as the Packers starting C as a rookie because of an injury to J.C. Tretter.   It will be interesting to see if Tretter can it a difficult decision for the Packers coaches when Linsley is ready to return.  

I don't think so. Tretter was a clear downgrade when Linsley got hurt last year.

Quote:I don't think so. Tretter was a clear downgrade when Linsley got hurt last year.

Because of all of the 1st string practice reps J.C. Tretter is getting this summer,  he may never have a better opportunity than the one he presently has. 

Quote:If a center makes the difference between us winning and losing in
to Green Bay, we're a bunch of phonies.

Quote:That makes no
 (possibly some?) sense.

Fixed.  Even though it's pretty common for me to not make any sense.

Quote:Fixed.  Even though it's pretty common for me to not make any sense.

You fixed something that was not broken.