Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is the AFC South overrated?

It seems like a lot of NFL insiders believe our division is one of the best this year. Not just good, but elite. I don't get it. What have the Colts done to become more competitive with the same general manager and head coach who were almost fired (and should have been) in January? They did little more than overpay an overrated quarterback and try to fix his offensive line through the draft. The Titans got better, but they are not there yet. NFL insiders are acting like they will be playoff sleepers. Only the Jaguars completed a roster rebuild so I think it is just us and the Texans this year. I don't see how the AFC South can be great. Better, yes, but one of the best? No way.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I haven't seen anyone consider our division one of the best. In fact, most people still consider it one of the worst.

Derp herp derp words

No, we scary good

Yeah, I've heard no one say this division will be elite. I HAVE heard them say we will be one of the most competitive amongst ourselves. So the division battle itself should be interesting, but the AFCS isn't scaring too many people.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

lol nobody has called the AFC South elite. Dumb thread.

People don't use the word elite but that is implied by calling the AFC South one of the best divisions in 2016.

If you think nobody is calling our division one of the best this year, you don't read NFL.com articles.

We haven't played any games yet, so why would anybody be calling the AFCS one of the best divisions in 2016 when we were one of the worst in 2015????????????????????????????

Quote:People don't use the word elite but that is implied by calling the AFC South one of the best divisions in 2016.

If you think nobody is calling our division one of the best this year, you don't read NFL.com articles.

I read them all the time, I haven't heard it be called the best at all. Can you post a link to an article saying that? Bc I would like to read it.

Everything I hear is, like I said, that's we'll be one of the most improved divisions, and a lot of intra-division competition.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:We haven't played any games yet, so why would anybody be calling the AFCS one of the best divisions in 2016 when we were one of the worst in 2015?

I don't understand that either. People were saying this before training camps started.

Quote:I read them all the time, I haven't heard it be called the best at all. Can you post a link to an article saying that? Because I would like to read it.

Everything I hear is, like I said, that's we'll be one of the most improved divisions, and a lot of intra-division competition.

Too late. The articles were written months ago.

Quote:I don't understand that either. People were saying this before training camps started.

Too late? Are the articles not online anymore then?

I'm not trying to be contrary.. I'd just love to read the articles where it suggests what you're saying. That's all..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:I don't understand that either. People were saying this before training camps started.

Since you're not willing to do the legwork to back up your statements, here's two to refute it.

The only article that even sort of mentions the AFC South as being great - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-afc-south

That article, though, is saying the division has the potential to be great, not that they are.

NFL.com's division power rankings, from 6 different writers.  The AFC South was ranked bottom 3 on all ballots.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...r-rankings

I think the Packers and Broncos are overrated. Not the AFC South, though.

You know what? The suggestion that our division might "become great" in 2016 before the draft is ridiculous. Mark Sessler wrote that too early because nobody knew what the four teams would do at the end of April.

Quote:I think the Packers and Broncos are overrated. Not the AFC South, though.

I agree on the Broncos but why the Packers?

Quote:I agree on the Broncos but why the Packers?

Why the Broncos?

Quote:Why the Broncos?

Mark Sanchez is their QB (he's awful).

They lost Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan. 

Post Super Bowl hangover.

I'm not saying they are an easy win but they may not even be the favorites in their own division. Their D will be nasty but that offense will be their achilles. 

The longest troll ever.
Huh

Where's this coming from?

I've seen a lot of people jump on the "dark horse" Jagswagon.

But most still see TN as young and upstart.

The view on the tinhorns is "good D, question mark at QB"

And Indy is "Can Luck return to form/stay healthy"

As opposed to say the AFCN Where most expect a healthy Ravens team to be good, adding in the Squeelers and Bengals being playoff teams, I'd argue that is the best division. (Even the Browns might be crawling out of the cellar)

NFCW is probably second best IMO.

Quote:I agree on the Broncos but why the Packers?

Because it is one of JDub's teams