Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is the AFC South overrated?

Everyone is saying Marcus Mariota is a very good QB and the AFC South has no question marks at that position. Where do you get "question mark QB" from?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Everyone is saying Marcus Mariota is a very good QB and the AFC South has no question marks at that position. Where do you get "question mark QB" from?
Houston.

Osweiler wasn't that good during his starts with your Broncos.

He isn't a proven QB and could sink under pressure.

Mariota, while being the new shiny toy of the league is one good hit away from being injured yet again in his career. Hold off on jumping onto that fanwagon.

The AFCS on the whole has had poor defense, Houston withstanding.

Never ever ever have I heard about the AFCS being a tough, good, or great division.

I have heard "getting better" but complete crap has to get better eventually.

Someone stated Marcus Mariota is a question mark, which is not true.

As for Brock Oswelier, there is no question he is the starter in Houston and can't be worse than the four guys they had last year.

Marcus Mariota isn't a question mark because an article told you so?  He had an ok last year, but there's not much about him that makes me worry long term.  He's your run of the mill qb.  Heck, even Andrew Luck has some question marks after last year.

Houston's qb situation is an absolute dumpster fire.  They may have an amazing defense, but unless they shut everyone out, it may be tough for them.

Can the division become elite in the next few years and is there optimism that it should?  Sure, but teams need to clear up some glaring needs.

UCF, show me one article where Marcus Mariota is labeled a question mark. Everybody knows he is the franchise quarterback at Tennessee whether they like it or not.

Quote:UCF, show me one article where Marcus Mariota is labeled a question mark. Everybody knows he is the franchise quarterback at Tennessee whether they like it or not.

You could say the same about Gabbert in SFO.  That doesn't mean there's no question mark.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/n.../89223736/

Hometown paper runs article that pegs him at #26.

Quote:Houston.

Osweiler wasn't that good during his starts with your Broncos.

He isn't a proven QB and could sink under pressure.

I believe the one thing Houston knows about Osweiler is that he's not going to fold under pressure. He's shown that in spades last season & that's why Houston wanted him.

Can he read a defense? Can he throw the ball accurately? Can he protect the football?

You're right, he wasn't very good, but he was tough as nails.
ImATexan

Quote:I believe the one thing Houston knows about Osweiler is that he's not going to fold under pressure. He's shown that in spades last season & that's why Houston wanted him.

Can he read a defense? Can he throw the ball accurately? Can he protect the football?

You're right, he wasn't very good, but he was tough as nails.

The Texans also know only one NFL quarterback is taller than him.

I know QBR isn't worth much, but for whatever it is worth, Osweiler's was lower than Manziel's last year. As far as being tough, he sure didn't act tough when they benched him for Peyton F. Manning, who was able to throw the ball all of 12 yards at the time.

Quote:The Texans also know only one NFL quarterback is taller than him.

Look at how much Ryan Mallett being tall helped them last year. Even when he wasn't too hungover to play he was awful. TMD really Lefevoured that one.

Quote:Look at how much Ryan Mallett being tall helped them last year. Even when he wasn't too hungover to play he was awful. TMD really Lefevoured that one.

LOL Ryan Mallett's hair might be high above the ground, but between his ears is another story. Brock Oswelier does not have mental issues.

Quote:I know QBR isn't worth much, but for whatever it is worth, Osweiler's was lower than Manziel's last year. As far as being tough, he sure didn't act tough when they benched him for Peyton F. Manning, who was able to throw the ball all of 12 yards at the time.

Got him $37M. I'd say that's pretty tough.
ImATexan

Quote:Got him $37M. I'd say that's pretty tough.

The Texans will regret it later and ask him to take a pay cut.

Quote:Someone stated Marcus Mariota is a question mark, which is not true.

As for Brock Oswelier, there is no question he is the starter in Houston and can't be worse than the four guys they had last year.
Dude. Do you even football? When was the last full season Mariota had with no injury? 

Brock CAN be worse than the 4 guys they had. It is possible.

Quote:LOL Ryan Mallett's hair might be high above the ground, but between his ears is another story. Brock Oswelier does not have mental issues.
He left the SB winning Broncos for the tinhorns.

I'd say he has mental issues.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2016, 10:57 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:Got him $37M. I'd say that's pretty tough.

What's that have to do with it? Ever hear of one man's trash is another man's treasure? Just because your front office ponied up the big bucks without even meeting the guy doesn't make Osweiler tough. He went to the media and openly complained so everyone would know his knickers were in a bunch when he got benched. Thats not the workings of a mentally tough individual. He could prove me wrong in the end, but so far I'm not impressed just because he's 6'7 and won a couple games with the best defense in the league last year. I'm excited to see how he does with you guys.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2016, 12:13 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:Just because your front office ponied up the big bucks without even meeting the guy doesn't make Osweiler tough.

That fact still escapes all logic to me.

Probably went like this:

Rick Smith: "Brock is at the top of our free agent board.  When do we want to set up a visit to get a closer look, let him get some work with the receivers and coaches before we make an offer?"

Bill O'Brien:  "We need a guy to throw the [BAD WORD REMOVED] ball.  Can he throw the [BAD WORD REMOVED] ball?"

Rick Smith:  "Umm... yes, he's a quarterback..."

Bill O'Brien:  "THEN SIGN THE [BAD WORD REMOVED] GUY, ALL [BAD WORD REMOVED] READY!"

I mean, after that 30-0 curb-stomping by the Chiefs where Hoyer threw 4 picks in the playoffs, they had to do anything they could. Brock was the best option available, which is more of an indictment than anything, and O' Brien wasnt gonna survive with another year of Hoyer and Savage. Keenum was better than both those guys. 

I think we can edge out the Colts but if Osweiler can bust, the path to division champs is looking real good.