Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is the AFC South overrated?

Quote:He left the SB winning Broncos for the tinhorns.

I'd say he has mental issues.

He left Denver for money - the same reason a lot of guys do. He liked being a Bronco.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I haven't seen anyone consider our division one of the best. In fact, most people still consider it one of the worst.

This ^^

The AFC east is also a dumpster fire right now in my opinion.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2016, 06:31 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:The AFC east is also a dumpster fire right now in my opinion.

The AFC East will not change until Belicheat retires.

Quote:Just because your front office ponied up the big bucks without even meeting the guy doesn't make Osweiler tough.

We did the same with Malik Jackson, and any other players we signed in the first hours of free agency.  It's against league rules to meet with players before free agency officially begins, but teams can still "agree" to a contract with a player's agent.  I'm not a Brock fan, just don't think he's that good, but they didn't do anything different than any other team that signed a player early.  The only difference is Brock is a QB, but you still don't know what kind of person you're getting.

Quote:We did the same with Malik Jackson, and any other players we signed in the first hours of free agency.  It's against league rules to meet with players before free agency officially begins, but teams can still "agree" to a contract with a player's agent.  I'm not a Brock fan, just don't think he's that good, but they didn't do anything different than any other team that signed a player early.  The only difference is Brock is a QB, but you still don't know what kind of person you're getting.

Unless the player is his own agent, of course. A lot of people criticized Max Unger for not having an agent because it forced him to wait a little longer to look for jobs.

Quote:Unless the player is his own agent, of course. A lot of people criticized Max Unger for not having an agent because it forced him to wait a little longer to look for jobs.

You mean Russel Okung? Google says Max Unger is repped by Stephen Dubin of Yee and Dubin Sports. Okung did his own deal this offseason, and people criticized him because the contract he signed is basically a year to year deal, offering large chunks of money down the road but no real security because the team can cut him after any season and not suffer financially.

She gets worse with every post she makes.

Quote:She This place gets worse with every post she makes.

See adjusted post.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:You mean Russell Okung? Google says Max Unger is repped by Stephen Dubin of Yee and Dubin Sports. Okung did his own deal this offseason, and people criticized him because the contract he signed is basically a year to year deal, offering large chunks of money down the road but no real security because the team can cut him after any season and not suffer financially.

Yeah him - they both have "ung" in their last names. Before he signed the weird deal in Denver people criticized him for being his own agent. Then the criticism changed to his contract.

Quote:http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/n.../89223736/

Hometown paper runs article that pegs him at #26.

Can a QB be a franchise QB and also be listed at #26 on the list of current QBs in the NFL, at the same time?

I guess it depends on what your criteria for a franchise QB would be.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Can a QB be a franchise QB and also be listed at #26 on the list of current QBs in the NFL, at the same time?

I guess it depends on what your criteria for a franchise QB would be.

Of course he can. As a rookie Blake Bortles was ranked last among starting quarterbacks.

Quote:He went to the media and openly complained so everyone would know his knickers were in a bunch when he got benched.

Never happened. Provide a link & prove me wrong. He was quiet about the whole thing. The media speculated & all sorts of innuendo was based on their speculation, but Osweiler was the ultimate teammate at the time of the benching.

Look, I'm not an Osweiler fan. I don't know him & don't care for him. I hope he does well, but only because he's on my team.

But the truth is he didn't go to the media. He didn't whine in the media. He was pretty quiet about the whole thing, so much so he caught the Broncos completely off guard, heck... everyone was surprised.
ImATexan

Quote:Never happened. Provide a link & prove me wrong. He was quiet about the whole thing. The media speculated & all sorts of innuendo was based on their speculation, but Osweiler was the ultimate teammate at the time of the benching.

Look, I'm not an Osweiler fan. I don't know him & don't care for him. I hope he does well, but only because he's on my team.

But the truth is he didn't go to the media. He didn't whine in the media. He was pretty quiet about the whole thing, so much so he caught the Broncos completely off guard, heck... everyone was surprised.

Fair enough, he didn't complain to the press. That doesn't make him any more mentally tough though. When he got benched, his behavior was enough for multiple players, including our Malik Jackson, to go on record saying it was obvious something was wrong after his benching, and that he didn't even seem happy about winning the superbowl. Elway said on record he doesn't know why Osweiler got so bent out of shape over the benching. I can understand being upset about being benched, but not being happy about helping your team get to and win a superbowl? Skipping the white house meeting is another example, I think part of that was him holding a grudge for them starting a living legend over him. He's talented and Houston is going to coddle him, so we'll see how it goes, but I don't think he's worth the money you guys forked over, and I don think hes going to look as good without that defense he had in Denver.

Here's a good article about how all that went down.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://bsndenver.com/the-truth-about-brock-osweiler-and-the-reason-he-left-the-broncos/'>http://bsndenver.com/the-truth-about-brock-osweiler-and-the-reason-he-left-the-broncos/</a>

The media's speculation Brock Oswelier did not like being a Bronco was fueled by Oswelier himself. He was all smiles and said he was happy to be a Texan at his introductory presser. It was his choice not to accept less money to stay in the Mile High City. Of course, John Elway and Gary Kubiak did not tell anyone Osweiler wanted to get out of Denver during contract negotiations, so all the media could do was speculate based on what they were told.

Crazy to think some folks believe this is a strong division. It hasn't been in years. I would say it has been one of the worse for a very long time.

The colts stay alive because of Luck, but they refuse to get him help and protect him. Making them overrated to say the least.

The texans have JJ Watt who is like Americas lovable meathead(Not to be confused with the party boy that is Gronk) as well as Hopkins making plays with a horrible O around him(Including multiple poor QBs)

The titans have made the most strides besides the Jags in my personal views, however Ive never been a huge fan of MM since his days as a Duck. Their running game has looked strong this preseason but thats about it and its preseason.

As far as our Jags go....who knows...I wear teal glasses and believe we are a better team in a very poor division.

Quote:Crazy to think some folks believe this is a strong division. It hasn't been in years. I would say it has been one of the worse for a very long time.

I don't think anybody called the AFC South a good division before this year. In fact everyone said it was almost as bad as the NFC East.

Quote:I don't think anybody called the AFC South a good division before this year. In fact everyone said it was almost as bad as the NFC East.
Crazy that anyone calls it good this season(even before the season has started)

Quote:Crazy that anyone calls it good this season(even before the season has started)

Especially when people are talking about a division with three losing teams.

Quote:Especially when people are talking about a division with three losing teams.
Correct, plus the one "winning" team struggle to get in as is. This is not a good division until proven otherwise on the field.

Quote:I haven't seen anyone consider our division one of the best. In fact, most people still consider it one of the worst.

LOL ... I was thinking the same thing.