Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CB injury woes for colts

Colts starting guard Jack Mewhort is believed to have torn his ACL....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I bet Malik Jackson noticed.

Quote:Yeah injuries are killing us righ now on the D line but it's an area where we are pretty deep.   By the time we play the Lions we will have Langford back and we just added Henry Anderson to the regular 53 man roster off of the PUP.  He probably won't play against the Lions but should definitely be there by the time we play the Jags or sometime before that. 

If you get a chance,  I would be interested in what you think the Colts likely starting Defensive Line and Defensive Backfield  ( including top Nickel Back ) will be when the Colts open the regular season two weeks from today.    Any related thoughts,  including what you think will transpire at those positions as the season moves on certainly would be welcome on this end.   Thanks. 

Quote:Colts starting guard Jack Mewhort is believed to have torn his ACL....

Out for the season. He was there best O-Line man. Luck will be running for his life this season.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Out for the season. He was there best O-Line man. Luck will be running for his life this season.

Turns out he's only out 2-4 weeks. Will be back for London game.

Quote:Turns out he's only out 2-4 weeks. Will be back for London game.

Hopefully he has a setback and misses that week. No need to rush him back Indy training staff. Smile
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Hopefully he has a setback and misses that week. No need to rush him back Indy training staff. Smile
2-4 weeks from now.

<i> </i>Which brings him back anywhere from week 1 to week 3.

Quote:2-4 weeks from now.

<i> </i>Which brings him back anywhere from week 1 to week 3.

I'm wondering if Jack Mewhort misses the first 3 games,  the Colts will purposely keep him out of the game against the Jaguars because of the long round trip flights to and from London,   as well as the Colts bye coming up after that.    Though it's a division game,   the Colts might be better off having wait until after the bye to play in game action again.   With him staying back in Indianapolis instead of traveling to London.

Quote:  I'm wondering if Jack Mewhort misses the first 3 games,  the Colts will purposely keep him out of the game against the Jaguars because of the long round trip flights to and from London,   as well as the Colts bye coming up after that.    Though it's a division game,   the Colts might be better off having wait until after the bye to play in game action again.   With him staying back in Indianapolis instead of traveling to London.
I would have to agree with you on this.

Quote: I'm wondering if Jack Mewhort misses the first 3 games, the Colts will purposely keep him out of the game against the Jaguars because of the long round trip flights to and from London, as well as the Colts bye coming up after that. Though it's a division game, the Colts might be better off having wait until after the bye to play in game action again. With him staying back in Indianapolis instead of traveling to London.
I believe the Colts bye is week 10.

Quote:I believe the Colts bye is week 10.

Thanks.  You are correct.   This apparently is the first season since regular season games have been played in London that one or more teams don't get a bye after their London game.

An approximate 14 hour round trip to London doesn't seem to be a good formula for a player recovering from a significant knee injury.   Unless there's a way for Jack Mewhort to elevate his leg for most of the flight,   the trip probably isn't in Mewhort's  or the Colts best interest if he's still feeling the affects of the injury.   That much more if they are counting on him playing a full Offensive game the following Sunday.  

Quote:Fair enough, I'm not sure where I heard that he was starting for you guys. The second half of my statement about your defense being a dumpster fire for at least the first 8 games, I stand by.
Nah I don't think so.  Ignore most of what you see in the preseason.  We have a lot of injuries right now, most are not serious but decent enough to hold somebody out until the regular season starts.  Other more significant injuries will last maybe a month/month and half.  Langford should be back by the Lions game.  Henry Anderson has already been removed from the PUP and is practicing.  Should be back playing games between the Lions game and maybe the 4th game.  Unless new injuries happen we should be full strength by the time we play Jax.

Quote:Fair enough, I'm not sure where I heard that he was starting for you guys. The second half of my statement about your defense being a dumpster fire for at least the first 8 games, I stand by.
Injuries had a big hand in the loss last year in Jax.  We had a pretty signficant number of back up players playing that game at cornerback, D Line, and the linebacker position.  I'll give Jax credit for that win, but we were no where near full strength on either side of the football to be honest. 

Quote:  If you get a chance,  I would be interested in what you think the Colts likely starting Defensive Line and Defensive Backfield  ( including top Nickel Back ) will be when the Colts open the regular season two weeks from today.    Any related thoughts,  including what you think will transpire at those positions as the season moves on certainly would be welcome on this end.   Thanks. 
We're still going to be short handed a little bit, but the depth players are good enough to hold up.  Not like the starters of course, but they won't get ran over.  Especially not against Detroit.   

Starting D line should be:  TY Mcgill,  David Parry,  Kendall Langford

Backups for the Lions game:  Zach Kerr,   Hassan Ridgeway

Henry Anderson is healthy but we are bringing him back slowly.  Should be back between the 2nd and 4th game.

Arthur Jones is serving a 4 game PED suspension.  Will be back before the Jags game. 

There's a chance Vontae Davis can make the Lions game, but it's likely that won't happen.

If it doesn't happen:

CB:  Antonio Cromartie, Darius Butler(nickel)    Patrick Robinson

4th and 5th corners:  Djoun Smith  and Tevin Mitchel

Still waiting on Clayton Geathers to get back from injury so:  

Starting safeties  TJ Green and Mike Adams

TJ Green is our rookie safety from Clemson.  He's been doing pretty well.

Great size at 6'3" and runs 4.3.  Can play corner or safety

If we are at Full Strength we will likely look like the following on defense when we play in London:

DL: Arthur Jones,  David Parry,  Kendall Langford

Backups: TY Mcgill,  Henry Anderson,  Hassan Ridgeway

LB:  Robert Mathis,  Dqwell Jackson. Sio Moore or Nate Irving, Erik Walden or Trent Cole

CB:  Antonio Cromartie, Patrick Robinson(very good nickel corner),   Vontae Davis

4th and 5th Corners:  Djoun Smith and Tevin Mitchel.  Smith and Mitchel are not household names, but good corners

Safeties:   Mike Adams,   Clayton Geathers

TJ Green would slide into the Dime Linebacker role to deal with the tight ends.

Or we may leave TJ Green back there and sllide Geathers into the Dime Backer role. 

Quote:Colts starting guard Jack Mewhort is believed to have torn his ACL....
Turns out he did not tear the ACL.  Will be out 2-4 weeks at most.