Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hitman Hurns nose for the endzone

2 preseason games and hasnt played much time but already has a TD from Sat against Tampa. Had 7 straight games last year to lead the league in consecutive games with a TD. Hurns just knows how to score. I think he will do nothing but imorove in his 3rd year and maybe the toughest guy and hardest worker on the team. Hes always a threat to find the end zone. Just glad we have a weapon like that opposite A Rob and the rest of our crew

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He good.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

He's the new Cris Carter

;

;

Quote:He's the new Cris Carter
Rod Smith

Quote:Rod Smith
Allen Hurns

Quote:Allen Hurns
the new Allen Hurns?

Quote:the new Allen Hurns?
Yep

[Image: allenhurns.jpg]

[Image: Allen-Hurns.jpg]

I would be more than happy if his career turned out to be like another udfa wr, Rod Smith.

Quote:Yep
[Image: allenhurns.jpg]
[Image: Allen-Hurns.jpg]
haha, I like it

The ball that was thrown was beautiful too. He looked around, held the safety and threw it perfectly over the defenders. Amazing throw and catch.

This offense is dangerous but it becomes incredibly hard to defend when Marqise is playing on the outside and Hurns moves into the slot. Hurnsy was one of the most productive slot receivers in the league last season, he's just a match-up problem in the slot due to his size & ability to run the full route tree out of that spot, the slot (naturally) allows him to work in more space which is a good as he isn't the biggest or fastest guy. A-Rob & Marqise (ideally) should be our outside receivers as both guys have the physical traits (pure athleticism) that defenses have to respect, this offense is absolutely loaded.

Quote:The ball that was thrown was beautiful too. He looked around, held the safety and threw it perfectly over the defenders. Amazing throw and catch.

Agreed and was thrown off by Mark's comment on that throw...'he just chucked it out there to the back of the end zone'. Perhaps I misconstrued him. I thought skillful veteran lob.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Allen is the catalyst, and the heart of the team.  Others have 'followed' the example he has set from day one.

He will become emblematic of the team we now have..   "out of no-where"

I love all of our great players, and have never been more excited about the team I have loved for 20 years.

Thanks to Mr. Khan, Dave Caldwell, and Gus for their outstanding leadership in assembling a group of players of high moral character, and role-model type sportsmanship.  

If we can 'play within our skill-sets', and not overreach and risk injury.  We have the talent to win the Superbowl ..  I believe it, and I am not inclined to hyperbole.

Go Jax!!   

We need to learn to blow out our opponents now..  WIN by half-time..   then use the second-half to silence our perennial and universal critics.

My personal thanks to Allen Hurns, and Allen Robinson, and so many others for playing their hearts out for all of Us.

And man,, is Blake wingin' it these days!!  We sure do have a lot of winners around here..   This is going to be the best season of football for the fans of this team in many many years.  

Quote:Agreed and was thrown off by Mark's comment on that throw...'he just chucked it out there to the back of the end zone'. Perhaps I misconstrued him. I thought skillful veteran lob.

Kouvaris and Brunell are terrible on these preseason games. 

;

;

Those guys are pretty bad.

I've said this many times, I still can't believe Hurns "made it". It truly serves as a reminder that a player doesn't need Elite speed or Elite route running (Although this is becoming debatable) or even to be in a familiar offense to put up numbers and have success. 

I thought he was done once Fisch got fired. He was just getting started...

Now if we can get Lee going on the outside.....Oh...man this offense.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:I've said this many times, I still can't believe Hurns "made it". It truly serves as a reminder that a player doesn't need Elite speed or Elite route running (Although this is becoming debatable) or even to be in a familiar offense to put up numbers and have success. 

hurns is an elite route runner.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:I've said this many times, I still can't believe Hurns "made it". It truly serves as a reminder that a player doesn't need Elite speed or Elite route running (Although this is becoming debatable) or even to be in a familiar offense to put up numbers and have success. 

He scored his first two TDs on his first two catches because of his route running. I always considered him highly advanced in that area.

Hurns is a good football player. He also plays with Bortles, who can sling the ball when others wouldn't chance it.

Yeah I still can't believe he went undrafted. Sometimes you miss. I still remember his first ever TD. Sick move against the Eagles. I was sitting next to an obnoxious Eagles fan in a bar in San Antonio. It was a small little spot that I loved when I spent a year there and since I was there so much I got them to put the game on even when some Texan fans showed up and threw a hissy fit because they'd show our game over them. Hindsight 20/20, I should have told them to change the channel after half time. I hate Eagles after sitting next to that fan. I didn't say a word of smack the whole first half and we had a nice conversation about football but once the second half rolled around, he wouldn't shut up. Sorry to ramble, just nice to reminisce about the by so distant past.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."