Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jadeveon Clowney dominates

I was wondering when this guy was going to make an impact. And oh goody, we get to play against him twice a year... Texans have a nasty defense when you consider they also have JJ. Watt. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-dominates

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm glad they passed on the franchise QB

Not to worry, Joeckel has been pretty good this preseason too. 

Clowney's biggest knock has always been consistency, and since coming into the NFL, his health.  With JJ Watt sidelined with a back injury that could significantly impact him for the rest of his career, Houston's defense isn't nearly as scary.  Their biggest issue as a team has always been the lack of a franchise QB.  They still haven't identified that guy.  They'll be stiff competition in the division, but not a team that we need to fear. 

Besides all of that, the New Orleans Saints offensive line hasn't exactly been outstanding to date, and facing Houston in week 2 of the preseason means there was little to no game planning to deal with the pass rush.  Let's not jump the shark with how great Clowney is going to be based on this game.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

He's had a good pre...... PRE......preseason game. 2 years after being drafted. Let's wait and see if he can do it in another preseason game.

He's looking good. If he's actually fully focused on football now, and he stays healthy, he could finally live up to the hype.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I'm glad they passed on the franchise QB

Glad they passed on Bortles and Carr.

;

;

We in trouble.

Its about time he finally showed up to play after three years in the league in the second pre-season game.

He showed in a preseason game.  Unitl he can put a string of good games together without getting hurt, I'm not worried.

I will say, his pay check years are coming up so miraculously the injury bug may go away.  There is 0 chance I would want this guy on the Jags.

Clowney had a good preseason game? We should forfeit the season.

On a more serious note, hopefully he remains inconsistent and on the sideline.

As much as people are upset about Fowler having some struggles in preseason and that we shouldn't look too much into it, the same goes for this. It's preseason. It's natural to be excited, but once the season starts, it can change for better or worse.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I really expected this thread to be about his Madden or bowling skills

Wasn't blown away by Clowney this week.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Not to worry, Joeckel has been pretty good this preseason too. 

*cough*

Well Clowney got a sack today. I am curious what Texan fans thought of the game as far as him and Oswieler go.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

he was solid, got some decent pressure, like to see more, and the Bears rarely ran to his side

Quote:Well Clowney got a sack today. I am curious what Texan fans thought of the game as far as him and Oswieler go.

Clowney looked good, he's been disruptive, which is all we can ask for. Brock also looked good after that interception he threw. His ball placement was solid, and he wasn't afraid to look for Fuller deep, which is good to know. Definitely could use some improvement, but all in all the Texans had a good foundation to start from. Lamar Miller looked good, not very efficient, but that will probably get better.

Quote:Clowney looked good, he's been disruptive, which is all we can ask for. Brock also looked good after that interception he threw. His ball placement was solid, and he wasn't afraid to look for Fuller deep, which is good to know. Definitely could use some improvement, but all in all the Texans had a good foundation to start from. Lamar Miller looked good, not very efficient, but that will probably get better.

Osweiler just looks like he throws the ball funny to me. Just his whole wind up/motion in general.

Being a Blake supporter I shouldn't be one to criticize mechanics too much, but he just looks odd to me.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Osweiler just looks like he throws the ball funny to me. Just his whole wind up/motion in general.

Being a Blake supporter I shouldn't be one to criticize mechanics too much, but he just looks odd to me.

He does have unorthodox mechanics, mainly because he throws in 3/4 quarters side arm motion instead of over the top usually.

But like I tell people, if it isn't broke, the Texans certainly shouldn't fix it. Someone n a Texans site pointed out awhile back how Brock actually becomes less accurate when he throws over the top than when he uses his usual motion. And people have said that it could lead to some batted passes, and that may be true but still if he's a lot more accurate in that motion than you don't change it. Amd I wouldn't change Bortles' mechanics if it works for him.