Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UDFA Keepers

Roster cuts are soon approaching. Some difficult decisions to be made and there always seem to be a couple of UDFA's that stick. Wonder who it will be this year.

I see you Josh Johnson.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like Bowman the TE will be the only likely one. I could definitely see one of the DBs make it at Safety if Thompson/ Sample are banged up.

Wilson and Bowman making a case.

Quote:Wilson and Bowman making a case.

Agreed. Bowman is my mind has to make it... he's just that good compared to the likes of Koyack and Sterling, and he's at least a much better receiver than Jacobs. Wilson has impressed me as well, although I'd say he's in a 50-50 dead heat battle with Peyton Thompson for the backup FS spot.

I've also been impressed with Boddy-Calhoun, but the competition at CB is seriously heating up. After House, Ramsey, Prince and Colvin, there are now several contenders. It's thought they'll only keep five CBs which leaves room for only one more, or two more until Colvin returns. But look at the list of contenders...

• Dwayne Gratz - has been playing early on this Preseason, and just had an impressive INT early in the Bucs game.

• Demetrius McCray - has been showing off his tight coverage including a TD saving play where he knocked a Bucs receiver out of bounds before he could get his second foot down in the end zone. I still like McCray.

• Nick Marshall - his flashy speed makes him exciting, and he stood out last week in the Jets game. ...not so much vs the Bucs tho. He also provides potential as a backup KR behind Grant.

• Briean Boddy-Calhoun - has stood out as a UDFA in coverage making his own claim for the final roster spot at CB.

• Josh Johnson - his INT vs the Bucs late in the game just put him in the mix

• Mike Hilton - he stands a mere 5' 8 5/8", but the 22-year old kid can leap

'02

TE is an interesting position group. I can see Koyack, Jacobs and Sterling getting the ax. That UDFA Bowman has been quite solid thru-out.

I'd like to keep Gratz and McCray.

Quote:I'd like to keep Gratz and McCray.

I know, right. But then that puts question marks on the all potential having Nick Marshall, and my new homie Josh Johnson.

Does Chris Reed count? He was an undrafted free agent in 2015 who spent the year on our practice squad.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 01:13 PM by JagFanFirst.)

Quote:I know, right. But then that puts question marks on the all potential having Nick Marshall, and my new homie Josh Johnson.

I couldn't watch the game last night, but based on the comments on this board, it appears as if Marshall may have played himself out of a roster spot.

Quote:Does Chris Reed count? He was an undrafted free agent in 2015 who spent the year on our practice squad.
They signed him to a three year deal last year. 

Did you guys forget how many times Gratz let us down last year?
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

Josh Johnson is taking someone's roster spot. I am rewatching the game now He is all over the ball. He also beat his blocker badly on a punt and forced a fair catch.

Quote:Josh Johnson is taking someone's roster spot. I am rewatching the game now He is all over the ball. He also beat his blocker badly on a punt and forced a fair catch.
He may sneak on the roaster he has stood out, he will def make the PS if cut

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Did you guys forget how many times Gratz let us down last year?

At best, he's the 4th(while Colvin is suspended) or 5th corner, which is where he should be. That INT was pretty impressive, didn't know Bubblegum had that ability.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Josh Johnson is taking someone's roster spot. I am rewatching the game now He is all over the ball. He also beat his blocker badly on a punt and forced a fair catch.

I might be alone here, but I'd okay at CB just keeping...

House

Ramsey

Prince

Colvin

McCray

J. Johnson

I still like what I see in McCray over what I know about Gratz, and this Johnson kid has me a tad more excited than Marshall. When Colvin returns week five they can decide if the J. Johnson experiment is over.

Meanwhile, stick Boddy-Calhoun on the PS.

'02

Tough decisions. I'd like to keep Josh Johnson, but I'm not sure about Gratz or McCray anymore. I think Nick Marshall destroyed his chances last night.

Nick had a horrible game.

And he did so against 2nd and 3rd string offensive players a lot of the time.

There was a brief period when McCray was excellent. What happened?

Quote:There was a brief period when McCray was excellent. What happened?

It seemed like he had some sort of set-back in training camp last year, and has been held back in the CB line-up ever since. That said, in the glimpses I've seen of him later in games this preseason, I'm still impressed by him. He saved a Bucs TD this past weekend's game. Last week he allowed a TD catch, but on closer inspection his coverage was as good as you could ask for... it was just an incredible catch.

'02

Quote:Wilson and Bowman making a case.

Wilson is a hard cut. Maybe you can stash him on the PS, but I could see him sneaking onto the active roster. 

;

;