Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My thoughts through first 2 preseason games

Quote:The Bucs should not be pleased with their performance today...

Our team/the refs bailed them out MULTIPLE times today - otherwise their offense would have have been stonewalled on basically every possession.

Meh Dougernaut (who didnt play) sets up a lot of the offense and they sat Sims after the first series if I remember correctly.  Sims was running well against the starters when he was in, Jameis didnt look very good though despite having time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. Ramsey stood out much like Jack did in his first action last week. Definitely has the fearless attribute good corners need. He was in his guys face unafraid to run step for step and showed he is willing to stick his nose in the running game too.

2. Bortles and Arob have taken the next step. Yeldon,Hurns,Thomas,Lee are good but o my goodness Bortles and Arob are both elite IMO. Blake looked like a 10 year vet. Complete control of the offense and a clear understanding of what defenses are doing.

3. The o-line may not be as doom and gloom as we thought. Joeckel's short stint at guard may have been a blessing in disguise. I now see him getting feisty with his hands and he seems to handle strength rushers better then before.

4. Surprised to see the Bucs running up the middle considering all we've heard is how our interior D-line has been a strength.

5. Fowler back down to earth but people shouldn't be losing faith. NY and Tampa actually have good OTs and an adjustment period should be expected.

Quote:1. Ramsey stood out much like Jack did in his first action last week. Definitely has the fearless attribute good corners need. He was in his guys face unafraid to run step for step and showed he is willing to stick his nose in the running game too.

2. Bortles and Arob have taken the next step. Yeldon,Hurns,Thomas,Lee are good but o my goodness Bortles and Arob are both elite IMO. Blake looked like a 10 year vet. Complete control of the offense and a clear understanding of what defenses are doing.

3. The o-line may not be as doom and gloom as we thought. Joeckel's short stint at guard may have been a blessing in disguise. I now see him getting feisty with his hands and he seems to handle strength rushers better then before.

4. Surprised to see the Bucs running up the middle considering all we've heard is how our interior D-line has been a strength.

5. Fowler back down to earth but people shouldn't be losing faith. NY and Tampa actually have good OTs and an adjustment period should be expected.

4.  I would expect having Miller back plus game planning will help that.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but Marks looked like his old self tonight. He was getting penetration on almost every snap.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I wouldnt mind T.J Yates as a backup.

I'm having much more confidence in our starting offense and starting defense. Both sides of the ball look like contenders.

Our backups suck worse than other teams backups. Won't matter too much if we can stay relatively healthy. I noticed something tonight watching our 3rd stringers play. They look like like our 1st stringers from 4 years ago. There really has been an influx of talent to come to JAX.

I'm not gonna judge the pass rush until the starting defense plays more then 3 drives in a game, next week when they play into the 3rd will tell me more

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I think literally the only two disappointments so far are Fowler, and (nitpicking in general) Bortles' mechanics being loopier than ever. On the 17 yarder to Arob and the TD to Hurn he dropped the ball so low...

Otherwise I have been very impressed with Bortles command of the offense and efficiency/effectiveness with making adjustments at the line. I can't think of any other players on the team that have been anything but as expected or much better. 

Quote:I'm happy Fowler is getting his reality check now
Fowler hasnt played football in a year, of course he is gonna have to get his legs under him, the OP said he looks gassed, yea he has to get his 2nd wind, he went very hard to start camp, it might be catching up to him, hopefully he gets his 2nd wind by the time the season starts 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I think T.J Yates is available. Matt Flynn, Michael Vick to name a few that would be upgrades over Henne.

T.j Yates and Vick I'd welcome but not Flynn. Vick flogging deep balls down to Arob could work for a game or 2 if needed.

Quote:T.j Yates and Vick I'd welcome but not Flynn. Vick flogging deep balls down to Arob could work for a game or 2 if needed.
Agree, Vick would be a much better option at backup qb

Sen'Derrick Marks stood out most for me tonight. He was throwing himself into the backfield on every snap. Hopefully he's getting confidence in the knee. Ramsey could be the DROY this year. This guy is trying to make a play on every snap and brings swag to the defense. Dante Fowler was lethargic again tonight. Just the typical DE that gets lost in the scrum. Ngakoue has been more effective thus far. Jack got limited work with the second team defense that got torched and penalized all night. The OLine looked most improved from last week. The offense isn't elite yet but I think it's getting close this year. I would like to see Jack get some reps with the 1's for next weeks dress rehearsal game.

No pain, no gain.

Mettenberger might be a guy we could pick up,Geno Smith even is better than Henne. Loser of the EJ Manuel/Cardale Jones battle.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 02:55 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

Quote:Tebow?

Just kidding.
Hey, hey now.. We don't kid about stuff like this.

Just Kidding Smile
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

I was impressed by the OL. Blake had a clean pocket most of the time and when he did face some pressure it wasn't immediate and he had room to step up or scramble.

LJ looked good, and actually besides the false start, Bernadeau looked good too. Linder at Center works great.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Our starting offense looks great, although I am a little surprised we haven't gotten Julius Thomas involved more. 

Our starting defensive backs cover a lot better than last year.  Pass rush is still lacking, but I'm not panicking.  The talent is there, they just need experience.  

Myles Jack has a lot of talent, but MLB is a very hard position to learn, and I saw him getting confused at times out there.  

As for our backup QBs, I think we need to keep in mind, they are playing with backups.   Hard to evaluate backups when they are playing with backups.  I certainly wouldn't panic and cut Chad Henne.   He's an integral part of the QB room, and from reports I have read, Blake likes having him around.   He has a lot of experience, knows what he's seeing on film, etc.   No need to change out our backup QB.  You have to remember, these are human beings, not just chess pieces on a chess board.  If Blake wants him around, we should keep him around. 

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 08:08 AM by JagsFanJay.)

Quote:Kevin Hogan has all the qualities of a lifetime backup.

Foles still isn't signed?

I like tj Yates as a backup too.

Foles is a Chief. They signed him like a week ago.

Quote:T.j Yates and Vick I'd welcome but not Flynn. Vick flogging deep balls down to Arob could work for a game or 2 if needed.

I'd never accept Vick in a Jags uniform. NEVER! I HATE him. Besides, he's old and used up.

Quote:Mettenberger might be a guy we could pick up,Geno Smith even is better than Henne. Loser of the EJ Manuel/Cardale Jones battle.

Mettenberger...... maybe. Geno....... no. I'd take E.J. Manuel, but something tells me the Bills may keep 3 QB's. I may be wrong, but it's a gut feeling.

Also, Julius Thomas has been invisible.