Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reality Check

After watching the 1st team offense/defense in 2 preseason games, I can't remember the last time the Jags looked this good. The offense looks like they could score 28-30 ppg. Is this just the optimist in me that wants to see this team win so badly, or does this team look like they are a contender and the team to beat in the South?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Its real, jags got the talent, firepower, a franchise qb

Not sure about the first team D but the offense is clearly legit though. 

Quote:Its real, jags got the talent, firepower, a franchise qb

Chhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaammmmpiiiiionshiiiiiip

Defense has some work to do but the offense will be more efficient

Quote:Its real, jags got the talent, firepower, a franchise qb

I don't think I've seen many of these optimistic posts from you.

Quote:I don't think I've seen many of these optimistic posts from you.

I'm buzzed

The offense looks like they've gelled

It's weird to expect the offense to put up points every time they have the ball.

Quote:Not sure about the first team D but the offense is clearly legit though.

It'll take some time for the young guys to get experience and for the guys to gel.
No commercial messages in sigs

We good. Maybe.

Reality check, Henne is [BLEEP] terrible and should be cut immediately. I'm worried about our future if Blake has to miss a few games, we're beyond screwed if its up to the Hennerdog.

I'd like to see what Brandon Allen could do with the first team offense
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

preseason

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Take a deep breath and repeat to yourself... 'it's just the preseason'. We don't know what we've got yet because the preseason games are not the same as the regular season games. They are essentially just 'practice games' for the benefit of coaches to evaluate who will be kept and who will be cut. Beyond that, there is no good reason for the 'upper tier' players to go out and needlessly risk injury beyond just a few series.

In Fowler's case, remember he is just a rookie; he is inexperienced like a rookie and he will make rookie mistakes. In practice, he was going up against our O line guys who aren't known for being that great. But you can't tell what you've really got until the 'rubber meets the road' so to speak; that is, lets wait and see what he can do in a real game situation when it really counts. Then we'll know.

Reality check... We are still winless lol

On a serious note, love the first team offense.

Quote:After watching the 1st team offense/defense in 2 preseason games, I can't remember the last time the Jags looked this good. The offense looks like they could score 28-30 ppg. Is this just the optimist in me that wants to see this team win so badly, or does this team look like they are a contender and the team to beat in the South?

I'm with you. This offense looks like it could potentially score against any defense. Especially if they can get into the red zone.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Reality check... We are still winless lol

On a serious note, love the first team offense.

In all fairness, everyone is still 0 and 0.

Kudos to Gus, he looks like he dropped about 35 lbs in the off-season. Maybe the team will follow his example and get serious about the game.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Preseason 1st team offense has been so stale and stagnant in the past that it's driven coaching staffs to keep them in longer to score or look competent. Bortles doesn't seem to get into a funk. He's looked more poised and polished each season. I think it's fair to be optimistic.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 10:47 AM by kenudo.)

And even though the D has some work to do, it's still clearly improved. We need to work Jack into the 1st team because without him were going to continue getting burned by TE's in the middle of the field.