Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reality Check

Quote:And even though the D has some work to do, it's still clearly improved. We need to work Jack into the 1st team because without him were going to continue getting burned by TE's in the middle of the field.

I'm thinking that is the goal at some point in the season, and the phasing out of Poz.
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 01:01 PM by jagherd.)

Offense looks legit,, and it's a great thing to see.

Bortles, Arob, Hurns, looking even better with some experience. The O-line is finally starting to look competent with the experience and overhaul it's been through.

The offense should be fantastic going forward this season and the next few years!

The defense will get there too. Gotta remember they're a year or so behind the offense's experience. With the added pieces through FA, they'll still be better even with the inexperience of the new draftees Ramsey, Fowler, Jack, Yannick (even though they're VERY talented).

This is gonna be a very good team for a while.

Not getting ahead of myself... but we good.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

A. We won't win the superbowl this year.

B. We'll be a whole lot better though.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

With the talent here we should go 500.  Have a very tough schedule and still hardly no pass rush.  And without our best corner the first 4 games.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:With the talent here we should go 500. Have a very tough schedule and still hardly no pass rush. And without our best corner the first 4 games.

I am very confused by your last sentence.

Colvin is suspended for drug policy first four games.

#Gojags

Quote:Colvin is suspended for drug policy first four games.

Yeah.... ummm.... Colvin is 3rd or 4th on the depth chart.  Not our best corner.  With Ramsey on the team he's not even our best nickel, but I think he's a very good nickel. 

Really?  NYC are you kidding me?  Third?  So House Prince and then Colvin?  Okay sure.

#Gojags

Quote:Really? NYC are you kidding me? Third? So House Prince and then Colvin? Okay sure.

Are you serious? LOL

Quote:Really? NYC are you kidding me? Third? So House Prince and then Colvin? Okay sure.
What's wrong with you? How could you possibly think Colvin is our best corner?

House and Prince and Ramsey are better than him by a wide margin I think.

And you forgot about our first round pick...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Your gonna put a rookie corner against one of the best in the league game one?  Did you not forget who we play week one?

#Gojags

Quote:Your gonna put a rookie corner against one of the best in the league game one? Did you not forget who we play week one?

Yes. That's how it works with top 5 draft picks.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 08:14 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

No.  That would be a nightmare.  Cause he is not a true corner.  And in most systems would be a great strong safety.   Would you like him covering hopkins? 

I hope it is prince and house over ramsey.

#Gojags

Quote:No.  That would be a nightmare.  Cause he is not a true corner.  And in most systems would be a great strong safety.   Would you like him covering hopkins? 

I hope it is prince and house over ramsey.
Yes, I'd like him covering Hopkins and every other great WR in the NFL, when he has the chance.

That's how players get better, by going against other great players.

Oh and it's going to be House and Ramsey as the two starting CBs. When in Nickle, Ramsey will bounce inside and Prince will come into the game. That's how it's going to be for the first 4 games, so get used to it.

After that, they'll have to find a way to work in Colvin, but there's no way Ramsey is coming off the field for Colvin.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 08:30 PM by Yo Boy.)

Colvin actually wasnt that bad last year... I would say he played on the same level if not better then House... Some of yall making it seem like its a drastic difference in skill level when it isnt..

Quote: And without our best corner the first 4 games.
[Image: o7KV4DG.jpg]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I could see an argument for Colvin over Amukamara but he lacks the technique/experience of House and the pure athletic ability of Ramsey.

Colvin in limited time has been on the upper and lower end of the spectrum IMO whereas House has been on the upper end outside of getting worked by Hopkins a bit. Colvin on the other hand id fully expect to get torched all day by Hopkins, Nelson etc.

As far as Ramsey he just stood across from Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans and had Winston not wanting to test him. A rookie not being purposely tested in game against two very good WRs think about that for a moment.

The corners will be House and Amukamara for four weeks.

Ramsey in the slot.

When Colvin comes back he will play nickel.

Ramsey will move Amukamara to the bench and take his spot outside opposite House.