Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Has Joeckel earned the start at LT?

He's had a very good preseason. Granted, it's just that: preseason. But he looks much improved. If there truly is an open competition at LT, has Luke earned the start? Beachum hasn't had an opportunity due to injury, which sucks.

But what should the coaches do if Luke continues to play well and Kelvin fully recovers? Would you give Joeckel the job, or is it Beachum's by default?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

TBD

Hopefully. It'd be nice if he panned out. Slide Beachum to guard.

Nope...

Quote:TBD

This. But he's looking good.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

If he does it again next week I'd imagine he will start. Play him until he [BLEEP] up and then you have an above average LT ready to replace him.

I still kind of think it's Beachum's job if he fully recovers. Luke was playing very well at G when we saw him too
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If you got a good tackle already, it makes sense to slide joekel to guard.

Well, no QBs have died of blunt force trauma yet, so there's that.

Most teams don't blitz or use any odd defensive alignments in the pre-season but it is nice to see him look good after he looked so bad in practice. 

Quote:Most teams don't blitz or use any odd defensive alignments in the pre-season but it is nice to see him look good after he looked so bad in practice.

Worth remembering when we're taking about how good our offensive line is, or how disappointing our pass rush has been.

He's played well so far this preseason. One of the best surprises.
;

;

Yes. He's shocked me!

I want to say yes and this is coming from a poster who has ripped him without mercy.

Joeckel looks (cant believe I'm saying this) mean and gritty almost not the same player. There is certainly a new attitude there. Some lineman just have that nasty "who do you think you are?" streak and I daresay Joeckel has developed it.

Quote:I want to say yes and this is coming from a poster who has ripped him without mercy.

Joeckel looks (cant believe I'm saying this) mean and gritty almost not the same player. There is certainly a new attitude there. Some lineman just have that nasty "who do you think you are?" streak and I daresay Joeckel has developed it.

He's playing for a new contract. He better not play soft.

1st team o-line does look serviceable so far though.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:If you got a good tackle already, it makes sense to slide joekel to guard.

You contradict yourself from the start here. They have a Joke at LT, so it makes plenty of sense. Are we really going to allow slightly better protection in a couple preseason games make us forget everything we've seen to date? By no means do we already have a good tackle. Joekel seems to be working out at G much better where he'll no longer be on an island. Moving him there makes sense provided Beachum gets healthy.

Remember Beachum was taking names as a starter in pass protection at LT for nearly two seasons. The only complaints about him related to his lack of power in the run game which is precisely why we do NOT want him sliding into the G spot.

'02

Quote:He's playing for a new contract. He better not play soft.

1st team o-line does look serviceable so far though.

...although that false start early in the game by Bernadeau at LG was as ugly as it gets.

'02

Quote:You contradict yourself from the start here. They have a Joke at LT, so it makes plenty of sense. Are we really going to allow slightly better protection in a couple preseason games make us forget everything we've seen to date? By no means do we already have a good tackle. Joekel seems to be working out at G much better where he'll no longer be on an island. Moving him there makes sense provided Beachum gets healthy.

Remember Beachum was taking names as a starter in pass protection at LT for nearly two seasons. The only complaints about him related to his lack of power in the run game which is precisely why we do NOT want him sliding into the G spot.

You missed the point there. When he said "good tackle", he was referring to Beachum.

The Joke has been playing very good lately. IF he can continue playing at this level you do not move him.  Beachum needs to outplay him to earn the spot.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

When Beachum is ready he'll play tackle.  It's just a matter of time and health, IMO.