Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Which guys are you most interested to see play tomorrow?

I would like to see how different the defense will look with Gipson roaming the secondary.

You?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is Ramsey playing?

Yannick - he's had it rough in the scrimmage and jets game. I'm looking for improvement and the ability to beat his man.

Fowler - see above. Dante played well in the scrimmage. He was ok in the Jets game. Now that vets are adjusting to him, how will he counter?

Chris Reed - he mauled guys in the Jets game. At least with the starters he did. Can he continue that kind of play?

Lee - can he keep building on what he's done so far?

D-rob/Grant - Whichever one wins the 3rd string will most likely see time this year.

I'd like to see Chris Reed do something in the run game to really claim his spot once and for all. I'd also like to see Wells not look like hot garbage, and I want to see if McClendon has enough in him to claim the Shatley/Bernadeau spot or if he's simply on the next waiver wire out of here. In my mind, shoring up the OL is their only real concern on offense.

Defensively I'd like to know that we're still able to mount a pass rush when we're not going against our OL.

Finally, I want to see some of the 3rd stringers play earlier. Braedon Bowman has won my heart as a TE wherein I'm itching to see him get some early reps. Corey Grant deserves some early reps as well.

Then there are a couple young guys in the secondary with Boddy-Calhoun vying for the Gratz/McCray spot, and with Jarrod Wilson vying Peyton Thompson's spot. I'm particularly intrigued with Wilson who just looks the part of a FS in this league. I know there are some who like Mike Hilton who understandably can leap, but I just can't see a guy his size making it. Hilton stands all of 5' 8 5/8" and at 178 pounds (per his combine weigh-in) is the 2nd lightest player on the roster next to only Shane Wynn.

Last but not least, I'm hoping to get more of a look at Tyrone Holmes and Armbrister to see if it's worth finding a roster spot to keep either as a 3rd OTTO.

'02

Quote:Is Ramsey playing?

Yep.

'02

DRob is the 3rd back by a wide margin

I look forward to all of em and every aspect of the game

But it feels odd to play against who you practiced with during the week. Interesting setup
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:DRob is the 3rd back by a wide margin

I look forward to all of em and every aspect of the game

But it feels odd to play against who you practiced with during the week. Interesting setup

Agreed. DRob is their change-of-pace RB who will spell Ivory and Yeldon on occasion. Grant is a scat back who you throw in on select downs to run a gimmick play or a quick speed play to catch a defense off guard. The more he plays the more we'll want to see him as I predict he eventually develops into Darren Sproles 2.0.

'02

Quote:I'd like to see Chris Reed do something in the run game to really claim his spot once and for all. I'd also like to see Wells not look like hot garbage, and I want to see if McClendon has enough in him to claim the Shatley/Bernadeau spot or if he's simply on the next waiver wire out of here. In my mind, shoring up the OL is their only real concern on offense.

Defensively I'd like to know that we're still able to mount a pass rush when we're not going against our OL.

Finally, I want to see some of the 3rd stringers play earlier. Braedon Bowman has won my heart as a TE wherein I'm itching to see him get some early reps. Corey Grant deserves some early reps as well.

Then there are a couple young guys in the secondary with Boddy-Calhoun vying for the Gratz/McCray spot, and with Jarrod Wilson vying Peyton Thompson's spot. I'm particularly intrigued with Wilson who just looks the part of a FS in this league. I know there are some who like Mike Hilton who understandably can leap, but I just can't see a guy his size making it. Hilton stands all of 5' 8 5/8" and at 178 pounds (per his combine weigh-in) is the 2nd lightest player on the roster next to only Shane Wynn.

Last but not least, I'm hoping to get more of a look at Tyrone Holmes and Armbrister to see if it's worth finding a roster spot to keep either as a 3rd OTTO.

Wells isn't playing from my understanding.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Lee and Fowler.

Sorry, boring, I know.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

I am most interested in saying our line play- both offense and defense. Can someone establish themselves as the clear frontrunner for the 2nd guard position? This will be important so they can play most of the Bengals game next week. Our starting defensive line is known, but several guys are fighting for the last one or 2 spots. The next 2 games will determine the fate of Alualu, Werner and according to Lageman, possibly even Marks. Hard to believe they'd cut him, but he apparently hasn't done much so far. 

The secondary in general with all the starters in place.

Fowler and Lee.

Then the OL with Linder at C
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Easy answer is Fowler. I want to see him get extended reps. He hasn't looked good except against our oline, lets see what he can do over a half of game play.

2nd is the entire offense, I want to see if they can start fast again and put up points on their 1st/2nd drive.

Ramsey, Gipson, Holmes, Fowler on D

Reed, Beachum, Bowman, Lee, B-Allen on O

It'll be good to see Linder back out there. I hope the offense can continue what they started against the Jets, but I look more forward to seeing the defense with Ramsey and Gipson playing. I'm also curious to see if Jack gets some play with the 1's.

Quote:Lee and Fowler.

Sorry, boring, I know.
this, along with Jack

Bortles. Keep making progress.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 11:11 PM by Sosa.)

Honestly I want to see Boddy Calhoun and Nick Marshall take Gratz/McCray's spot on the roster. Those guys plays with some intensity and are younger than them, so why not just give them the nod? The other two have shown everything they can't do.

Defense in general, and Reed.

A-Rob just cuz I'm actually looking forward to him because he makes the big time plays. But non entertainment wise hmm Fowler,Back up online,Jack,Ramsey,Gip,Cyp with Gip,marks,pretty 89 guys! Don't wanna see Henne

Fowler,Ngakoue ,Gipson,Ramsey,Amukamara,Marshall and Jack on the defense.

Ivory,Yeldon, Oline play and Tight end depth behind Thomas/Lewis. Guys like Koyack,Sterling and Bowman! On offense

Kickoff coverage and Jason Myers on Special teams! Also hopefully no personal foul penalties on Carson Tinker.

Hopefully we see a much cleaner performance this weeks! Jags had 12 penalties last week for over hundred yards. Not acceptable