Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A question about Fowler for the folks who could make it to practice last week

Jpp and ziggy ansah wanna say hi

Really tho, raw players take time to develop. I believe fowler will be fine with more experience. He has a couple moves already. He needs game time to figure out where, when and against who to use them. The good thing, on the Ngakoue sack last week, fitzpatrick actually had to avoid pressure from the edge and the middle. Meaning i think we can be good enough on the inside to balance out the inexperience on the outside.

Lookin at the same play, he needs to finish a lot better. Maybe he can learn about goin through the whistle from Ngakoue.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fowler will be fine. He's a rookie doing rookie things. No need to overreact. As Gus said yesterday, it came easy for him early in camp. The vets have adjusted. Now Dante needs to counter. 

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 04:34 PM by GlockBortles.)

i think everyone got too excited about him beating on our bad tackles

He's young and inexperienced.  He's basically a rook.  With that said, he'll get 6.5 sacks which is perfectly acceptable.  The Jevon Kearse's and Dwight Freeny's are the exceptions. 

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Fowler still needs a lot of work. It's like a completely different player from what we saw in practice and scrimmage. Dude is just running into the tackles and guards on the snap then disappearing.

No pain, no gain.

I think its more a thing of testing his strength and not wanting to risk injury in the preseason.  I don't need him to dominate in the preseason I need him to be a player when the real games start.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

The guy had not played football in a year, he has prob worn himself out going so hard, let the kid get his second wind, he was rehabbing pretty much all of last year, while almost everybody else was playing football, college and pros. 

Let him work himself into game shape 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Before y'all jump off the DFJ bandwagon, perhaps you should read this brief but concise article on Kahlil Mack written in training camp 2014.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Raiders-LB-Kha...p-29908675
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Before y'all jump off the DFJ bandwagon, perhaps you should read this brief but concise article on Kahlil Mack written in training camp 2014.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Raiders-LB-Kha...p-29908675
People want to find something to complain about or they never liked Fowler and want to be right about him.

He hasnt even played a full game yet, people need to calm down, he's been on the field for what 6 series? No way you can judge him yet

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

He's a bust and should move back to Gainesville

Go Noles!

Still think he is more of a strong side linebacker than a pass rusher.

Quote:Before y'all jump off the DFJ bandwagon, perhaps you should read this brief but concise article on Kahlil Mack written in training camp 2014.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://247sports.com/Bolt/Raiders-LB-Khalil-Mack-struggling-in-camp-29908675'>http://247sports.com/Bolt/Raiders-LB-Khalil-Mack-struggling-in-camp-29908675</a>

You mean we shouldn't panic that he doesn't look like Watt in his second pre-season game with limited snaps?

Quote:He's a bust and should move back to Gainesville

Go Noles!
Speaking of busts....

Winston was on FIRE against our (pass rush not included) defense.

:yucky:

Go Gators!

Quote:Oh my.... hadn't read that...

OH Malik.....

teammates always give stroke jobs like that though...

I thought someone had made the comp during draft talk and such...

edit:

Von-esque is not quite the same as being "Von Miller"

it's like Bortles being Big Ben-esque, or Favre-like.
not that i have a link but leading up to the draft he was compared to miller alot also so its not just his teammates hyping him up n throwing names out there just for the record there isnt

a qb in this league still playin u could compare bortles to but big ben they kinda even got the same fat head

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2016, 09:52 AM by Kane.)

Quote:not that i have a link but leading up to the draft he was compared to miller alot also so its not just his teammates hyping him up n throwing names out there just for the record there isnt

a qb in this league still playin u could compare bortles to but big ben they kinda even got the same fat head

I don't recall a single person pre-draft, draftnik or otherwise, comparing Fowler to Miller.

If anything I remember more people being skeptical of Fowler's ability at the next level. Some even suggesting OTTO instead of LEO.

I saw CBS compare him to Suggs and NFL.com compare him to Khalil Mack

just saying... Von Miller is a really high bar to set, so I dunno why anyone would make that comp.

Aside from a guy who played with Miller and wants to talk up his new teammate.