Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Teddy Bridgewater - making the coaches work around his weaknesses

Quote:You don't have to take it that far, that might cause some resentment. I'm trying to avoid that.

whats wrong you don't want gilbert godfrey as an avatar

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:whats wrong you don't want gilbert godfrey as an avatar

Nah, I just don't get down like that.

But what was his QBR last year???

Quote:But what was his QBR last year???

I think the kind of laundry detergent he uses is more important than qbr

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

It's GOTTFRIED. My last name is Godfrey and it drives me apeshit when people ask me if we're related.

Quote:whats wrong you don't want gilbert godfrey as an avatar

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016, 12:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:I like knocking Bridgewater with the best of them and don't think he'll ever amount to much but... 1) The Vikings line has been god awful for Teddy pass blocking wise. Has been sacked on 8.9% of his drop backs and broke the record for number of passes thrown away apparently 2) Vikings have had nobody receivers the last two years 3) Norvs scheme is notoriously finicky to learn and does not suit Bridgewater at all. 4) Was kept out of the game because the line is really bad and didn't want the Seahawks killing him/ wanted to see how the backups are more than they wanted to play Teddy and risk an injury
Part of that is teams have figured out they can stack the box to try and help stop AP (which that still doesnt work) and crash the whole defense closer to the line of with out any fear of Teddy beating them over the top  because of his lack of arm strength.  Their oline was better than ours last year in run and pass blocking.  Pff has them 16th overall in passblocking.  https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ran...is-season/

There really is no excuses this year with the Vikings getting the best WR in the draft Treadwell, Diggs, a speedster and great talent in Patterson, and Rudolph.  Minus the QB the Vikings really have no weakness and easily a top 5 team with all the talent on both sides of the ball especially defense.  With Alex Smith they could make the SB imo if most of the team stays healthy

Quote:Part of that is teams have figured out they can stack the box to try and help stop AP (which that still doesnt work) and crash the whole defense closer to the line of with out any fear of Teddy beating them over the top because of his lack of arm strength. Their oline was better than ours last year in run and pass blocking. Pff has them 16th overall in passblocking. <a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/'>https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/</a>

There really is no excuses this year with the Vikings getting the best WR in the draft Treadwell, Diggs, a speedster and great talent in Patterson, and Rudolph. Minus the QB the Vikings really have no weakness and easily a top 5 team with all the talent on both sides of the ball especially defense. With Alex Smith they could make the SB imo if most of the team stays healthy

Ok so what stats does teddy need to put up to be legit in your mind?

Quote:Ok so what stats does teddy need to put up to be legit in your mind?
What do you mean legit?  He is a good game managing QB, not bad when you have a defense and running game like the Vikings.  But if you can upgrade next draft or in FA, I dont think that is out of the question.  Its the 1 position that is holding that team back from making a run at the SB

Maybe he has worked on his arm strength and come out a new QB this year.  There is no excuses this year and no lack of weapons on the offense

Quote:Ok so what stats does teddy need to put up to be legit in your mind?
The guy has already been mentioned as the next Peyton Manning/ Brady/ Montana.   What more do you want?

Unfortunately the news about Treadwell has been really bad. 

Quote:I said presnap. Manning was a better prospect overall, but not by a lot really. They are actually fairly similar other than the size. People are comping Teddy to Brady more and more, but it could be Peyton and not be too far off either. 

Quote:Unfortunately the news about Treadwell has been really bad. 

Quote:Unfortunately the news about Treadwell has been really bad. 
Because of his 1st preseason game against Sea?

Quote:What do you mean legit? He is a good game managing QB, not bad when you have a defense and running game like the Vikings. But if you can upgrade next draft or in FA, I dont think that is out of the question. Its the 1 position that is holding that team back from making a run at the SB

Im asking is there any numbers he can put up to shake the game manager label?

Quote:Part of that is teams have figured out they can stack the box to try and help stop AP (which that still doesnt work) and crash the whole defense closer to the line of with out any fear of Teddy beating them over the top because of his lack of arm strength. Their oline was better than ours last year in run and pass blocking. Pff has them 16th overall in passblocking. <a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/'>https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/</a>

There really is no excuses this year with the Vikings getting the best WR in the draft Treadwell, Diggs, a speedster and great talent in Patterson, and Rudolph. Minus the QB the Vikings really have no weakness and easily a top 5 team with all the talent on both sides of the ball especially defense. With Alex Smith they could make the SB imo if most of the team stays healthy

Good point. Even when they try remedy this by going to shotgun teams still go blitz heavy because of how bad Peterson is out of shotgun( Only 10 of his 90 something TDs have come from shotgun).

Don't know about the whole Alex Smith bringing them to the Super Bowl bit. Alex Smith and Peterson is a bad fit too.

Quote:Im asking is there any numbers he can put up to shake the game manager label?
realtorpat already gave you some good numbers that i guess you are looking for.  Its not about stats, its about the way he gets it done.  Brad Johnson put up some seasons with nice numbers but the guy was still one of the best game managing QBs.  Helped TB win the SB

Quote:Good point. Even when they try remedy this by going to shotgun teams still go blitz heavy because of how bad Peterson is out of shotgun( Only 10 of his 90 something TDs have come from shotgun).

Don't know about the whole Alex Smith bringing them to the Super Bowl bit. Alex Smith and Peterson is a bad fit too.
Ok then, Andy Dalton lol

Quote:Im asking is there any numbers he can put up to shake the game manager label?
No, its his skill set and decision making that limits him from making big plays consistently.

His coaches understand that and play to his abilities, and lack thereof, through the play-calling. Thankfully for them, they have AP to climb on to carry the ball. How much longer can he last?

Quote:realtorpat already gave you some good numbers that i guess you are looking for.  Its not about stats, its about the way he gets it done.  Brad Johnson put up some seasons with nice numbers but the guy was still one of the best game managing QBs.  Helped TB win the SB
If they drafted Derek Carr I think the would of made it to the SB last year

Ok so there's nothing he do to change your perception of him. That's really all I was asking.