Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Teddy Bridgewater - making the coaches work around his weaknesses

Quote:I respect your opinion and on its face I can see why you would feel the way you do about teddy. If you look at carr and teddy rookie campaigns you'll note 21 tds from carr, however now that we have his former OC that td production seems like what one can expect given it's a very aggressive, vertical passing scheme. Despite nearly 200 less attempts, teddy was only 351 yds behind carr. Now, I'm not an exclusive stat guy, so I'm going to move away from that entirely. Their offense as far as personnel is not a finished product. If you get a chance watch leap in play from him this year. That may or may not change your mind. I love Blake, so I wouldn't take teddy over him, but definitely over carr.

I'll make a point to watch a couple more vikings games this year.  I saw a few with Carr last year because I wanted to see how he compared to Bortles.  Carr makes some pin point throws down field and seems to go through his progressions pretty well.  He panics sometimes, but nothing that screams out to me that they need to draft another person.  He looks like the longterm option out there.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'll make a point to watch a couple more vikings games this year. I saw a few with Carr last year because I wanted to see how he compared to Bortles. Carr makes some pin point throws down field and seems to go through his progressions pretty well. He panics sometimes, but nothing that screams out to me that they need to draft another person. He looks like the longterm option out there.

I like carr as well, seems to be a gamer.

Tetty is not bake. Will be out of the NFL by week 8.

Quote:Tetty is not bake. Will be out of the NFL by week 8.

Cool

Quote:I respect your opinion and on its face I can see why you would feel the way you do about teddy. If you look at carr and teddy rookie campaigns you'll note 21 tds from carr, however now that we have his former OC that td production seems like what one can expect given it's a very aggressive, vertical passing scheme. Despite nearly 200 less attempts, teddy was only 351 yds behind carr. Now, I'm not an exclusive stat guy, so I'm going to move away from that entirely. Their offense as far as personnel is not a finished product. If you get a chance watch leap in play from him this year. That may or may not change your mind. I love Blake, so I wouldn't take teddy over him, but definitely over carr.

Olson's offensive scheme with the Raiders for Carr's rookie season was largely short passing and screens.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Olson's offensive scheme with the Raiders for Carr's rookie season was largely short passing and screens.
Hmmm so no one to throw consistently downfield to. Sounds familiar.

Btw, not disagreeing at all. The ypa his rookie year pretty much spell that out.