Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Things that make you feel good..

Quote:Yikes! You remember the barber in High Plains Drifter? The actor who played that part said he drank about 10 cups of coffee to make his hands shake uncontrollably like they did. When you say you've had 7 cups, I have that image in my head. A guy with a straight razor about to shave Clint Eastwood, hands shaking uncontrollably.

Yeah I can look a lil cracked out sometimes.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm kinda used to it though. I log a lot of miles for work and I always have coffee on the road

Quote:Yeah, me, too. But I've read that it has to grind to a consistent particle size. Some cheap grinders produce various size particles, which means you can get tiny particles in your coffee. At least, that's what I've read. I don't know if that's a legitimate problem, or just marketing hype by the maker of an expensive grinder.

I have a fairly nice one I suppose. You can adjust the size of the grounds too, mainly to account for wear of the blade.

I never get any in the coffee.

Right this minute it's a dose of percocet 5/325. 

Quote:I'm kinda used to it though. I log a lot of miles for work and I always have coffee on the road
Truck driver? My step dad was one for a period of time before and after his 30 years as a UPS local driver. 

Quote:Truck driver? My step dad was one for a period of time before and after his 30 years as a UPS local driver.

Yuppers. It can be difficult, but the money is good. I haul medical equipment. I have a designated route that takes me through Alabama, but I'll be adding on to that soon with an extra stop in San Antonio.

Those UPS guys, that stuff can be crucial. That's some hustlin..

Quote:Yuppers. It can be difficult, but the money is good. I haul medical equipment. I have a designated route that takes me through Alabama, but I'll be adding on to that soon with an extra stop in San Antonio.

Those UPS guys, that stuff can be crucial. That's some hustlin..
He busted his butt for 30 years as a local route driver. From Thanksgiving until after the new year we hardly saw him. He was home after 11pm and back at it at zero dark thirty. It is not for the feint of heart for sure. I love to drive and thought at one point about being a truck driver but it's not the path my life took. My hat's off to you and all truckers. Y'all are the major reason why we have the stuff we have in grocery stores, restaurants, the mall, hospitals, etc. Same as the linemen who go out in snow and ice storms to get our power back on. Tough jobs. Much appreciated by folks like me. 

Quote:He busted his butt for 30 years as a local route driver. From Thanksgiving until after the new year we hardly saw him. He was home after 11pm and back at it at zero dark thirty. It is not for the feint of heart for sure. I love to drive and thought at one point about being a truck driver but it's not the path my life took. My hat's off to you and all truckers. Y'all are the major reason why we have the stuff we have in grocery stores, restaurants, the mall, hospitals, etc. Same as the linemen who go out in snow and ice storms to get our power back on. Tough jobs. Much appreciated by folks like me.

Gracias senorita

And I had no idea until I was actually talkin to a fedex driver, but those guys have to buy their routes and seniority rules..

Quote:And I had no idea until I was actually talkin to a fedex driver, but those guys have to buy their routes and seniority rules..
Yep and that's nuts. I couldn't handle such a fluid income. I'm one who likes to know that I'm getting paid the same every single paycheck. Other than my aversion to dealing with people in person, I couldn't be a saleswoman who worked on commission. I would be a basketcase. Moreso than I already can be. Lol.

Quote:Yep and that's nuts. I couldn't handle such a fluid income. I'm one who likes to know that I'm getting paid the same every single paycheck. Other than my aversion to dealing with people in person, I couldn't be a saleswoman who worked on commission. I would be a basketcase. Moreso than I already can be. Lol.

That's the truth. One of the reasons why I steered clear. Much respect to those guys too

Grabbing my wife's butt before work in the morning. That makes me feel pretty good.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm enjoying a nice bottle Famous Grouse blended Scotch.

Quote:I'm enjoying a nice bottle Famous Grouse blended Scotch.

Name for me one grouse that is famous. Just one. That's what I thought. You're really drinking cloudy bathtub gin, aren't you? Now pick yourself up from the sidewalk and go take a shower.

And change your clothes, for the love of God!

"Blended Scotch" he says. Pshh

lol

Sailor Jerry

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Cheeseburger. That makes me feel real good.

I bought a Jaguars beanie in London. It is ridiculously comfortable. 

I wasn't sure if my new dentist was any good but he just filled a cavity and pulled a wisdom tooth with zero pain in less than twenty minutes while teaching two assistants. I think he's alright. 

With the exception of four days between trips back in mid-August, I've been away for nearly two months. I go home today.

(cue Shad Khan singing Home Sweet Home while standing in the pool at Everbank)

Quote:With the exception of four days between trips back in mid-August, I've been away for nearly two months. I go home today.

(cue Shad Khan singing Home Sweet Home while standing in the pool at Everbank)

Where were you?