Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Things that make you feel good..

Quote:Where were you?

Wild and exotic Peoria, Illinois.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Shooting 89 yesterday on the course of golf. I have to work on those approach shots. Too many landing pin high but just off the green. Which only highlights the flawed foundation of the game. Why must they make the greens so small and so far away? And those holes...BIGGER.

Quote:Shooting 89 yesterday on the course of golf. I have to work on those approach shots. Too many landing pin high but just off the green. Which only highlights the flawed foundation of the game. Why must they make the greens so small and so far away? And those holes...BIGGER.

89? decent...

How did it go on the back 9?

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:89? decent...

How did it go on the back 9?

Ha! Man, I've had days like that. The only thing flying more wildly than my shots were the profanities.

Quote:Ha! Man, I've had days like that. The only thing flying more wildly than my shots were the profanities.

I went golfing with the boss once, I shanked a shot so badly that it hit him in the collar bone.

On a different note, my progression at work seems to have taken an unexpected halt.

Quote:I went golfing with the boss once, I shanked a shot so badly that it hit him in the collar bone.

On a different note, my progression at work seems to have taken an unexpected halt.

If the price for no longer being asked to golf is being passed up for promotion I'd consider that a win.

Quote:If the price for no longer being asked to golf is being passed up for promotion I'd consider that a win.

I actually don't play anymore, to be fair..

My back has seen better days.

Quote:Ha! Man, I've had days like that. The only thing flying more wildly than my shots were the profanities.

That's why it became known as golf, the other 4 letter words were already taken.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:I actually don't play anymore, to be fair..

My back has seen better days.
Again, I'd count that as a win. 

Quote:Again, I'd count that as a win. 

Yay.... I'm winning at life!

...kinda.

BBC America is constantly running "Star Trek: The Next Generation."  Yesterday Geordi and an away team beamed onto a Romulan vessel that had become disabled.  So they very carefully slide this weird contraption out of the Romulan engine room and Geordi passes some little hand held thing over it and he looks very concerned/mystified and says,

"I think the graviton field degenerator has been completely depolarized."  

I am still laughing at that line a day later.  Some writer had to come up with some scientific sounding gibberish.  It is so funny listening to that stuff. 

Quote:BBC America is constantly running "Star Trek: The Next Generation."  Yesterday Geordi and an away team beamed onto a Romulan vessel that had become disabled.  So they very carefully slide this weird contraption out of the Romulan engine room and Geordi passes some little hand held thing over it and he looks very concerned/mystified and says,

I am still laughing at that line a day later.  Some writer had to come up with some scientific sounding gibberish.  It is so funny listening to that stuff.

It's the little things in life...lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

No, I better not type that.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:BBC America is constantly running "Star Trek: The Next Generation."  Yesterday Geordi and an away team beamed onto a Romulan vessel that had become disabled.  So they very carefully slide this weird contraption out of the Romulan engine room and Geordi passes some little hand held thing over it and he looks very concerned/mystified and says,

I hate when that happens.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Kratom

Huh

Hey wait, I think my mechanic just replaced that same part on my pickup.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2016, 06:57 AM by The Real Marty.)

The whole idea of Star Trek is so optimistic.   They have overcome all the laws of physics as we know them today, and just go cruising around the galaxy having adventures, establishing colonies, defeating their enemies.   Such a wonderfully positive outlook on the future. 

When I'm sitting on my boat, fishing pole in hand, listening to nature and I get a tug on my line.

Quote:When I'm sitting on my boat, fishing pole in hand, listening to nature and I get a tug on my line.
That better not be a euphemism.

The mountains. We're leaving Tuesday morning for camping in the mountains here in NC. Of course a cold front has come through and it's going to be pretty chilly at night but will be awesome hiking weather during the day. Gotta get packing.