Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Things that make you feel good..

Quote:Macadamia nut and white chocolate chip cookies!!

With some....

Nah, too easy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A home game.  Tailgating with my friends and a post game victory.  

On a side note hopefully in the very very near future the victory part will become routine and losses become the exception, not the norm.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:With some....

Nah, too easy.

Now you've got me wondering what the "with some" is, darn it!! Tongue
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 12:49 PM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:Macadamia nut and white chocolate chip cookies!!

Unfortunately my doctor tells me not to eat cookies.  

But if I could, I would take a gentle bite of that macadamia nut and chocolate chip cookie, chew slowly, then let it all just roll around in my mouth until every taste bud is in a state of ecstasy, slowly swallow, then carefully examine that cookie looking for the perfect bite that would include both macadamia and chocolate.   I would eat it soooo slooooowly. 

Quote:Unfortunately my doctor tells me not to eat cookies.  

But if I could, I would take a gentle bite of that macadamia nut and chocolate chip cookie, chew slowly, then let it all just roll around in my mouth until every taste bud is in a state of ecstasy, slowly swallow, then carefully examine that cookie looking for the perfect bite that would include both macadamia and chocolate.   I would eat it soooo slooooowly.

This sounds like a dirty movie about cookies! LoL

Quote:This sounds like a dirty movie about cookies! LoL

I was thinking the same thing..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Getting a solid workout in at the gym. After 18 months of either having surgeries or recovering from them I have greatly missed not just the physical, but also the mental goodness that comes from busting it out in a good workout. I live with depression and anxiety that I mostly control with healthy food and exercise with exercise being the thing that really helps with depression. 

Saturday was the first day in about 18 months or so I was able to really get something done and I left out of there on Cloud 9. Yesterday I stretched everything out, especially my shoulder, and rested and I feel great. I forgot how much I enjoy the sore feeling after a good workout. Sore is progress. Pain not so much. I look forward to getting back on a schedule so I can get back in shape mentally and physically. At 44 you don't come back from inactive periods like you did at 24 or even 34. Thankfully somehow my muscles have great muscle memory so I just have to focus on endurance and being patient so I don't undo all the work that went into rehab and recovery for my shoulder.

Sleeping on clean sheets the first day that you put them on.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Sleeping on clean sheets the first day that you put them on.

So true!!! And this is a total chick thing, but they feel even better with freshly shaven legs!! Lol

Quote:So true!!! And this is a total chick thing, but they feel even better with freshly shaven legs!! Lol

As if I didn't know that...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:As if I didn't know that...

I'm not gonna judge!! You do you with pride!! :thumbsup:

But. Have you ever had your legs shaved FOR you?

Quote:But. Have you ever had your legs shaved FOR you?

Are you asking me, or Rico? :woot:

Quote:Are you asking me, or Rico? :woot:

Anyone I guess.

Quote:Getting a solid workout in at the gym. After 18 months of either having surgeries or recovering from them I have greatly missed not just the physical, but also the mental goodness that comes from busting it out in a good workout. I live with depression and anxiety that I mostly control with healthy food and exercise with exercise being the thing that really helps with depression.

This is very true. Good cardio will fight depression (releases the endorphins) better than any medication. Then compound that on top of feeling healthier- plus being proud of achieving health-related and strength goals and it's a no brainer. Also, losing fat releases your stored sex hormones too.

Double vodka dirty martini, very dry, with toasted triscuits topped with melted cheese and a jalapeno slice.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Started watching Archer today. It's amusing.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

20 days until we fly to Florida!

Man I need this.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Started watching Archer today. It's amusing.

"Started?!?! Man, you are in for quite the ride.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Started watching Archer today. It's amusing.

Yeah, good writers and great voice talent. Quality show - really rewards the loyal viewers.