Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Bucs joint practices

Quote:I wouldn't use OL vs DL drills as a great barometer on where an offensive lineman stands.  They are at a relative disadvantage in those drills.

I get the impression that the joint practices are more about practicing against different schemes/looks as well as practicing against other players not on your team.

The bottom line is it's just practice...

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 04:31 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Luke was easily the best ol in the Jets game and you want to trade him away for nothing? Stop hating and realize that our oline is the next group to be rebuilt by Dave Caldwell. Getting rid of Luke is suicide.
Lol "easily" the best? based on what? You must of completely ignored AJ and Parnell. The only one he "easily" played better than was Shatley.

This whole Beachum signing, the recent bringing in of FA tackles, and the experimentation of Luke at LG seems like they are more comfortable with suicide than having LJ start at LT.

Quote:You know you're in trouble when ThunderCat makes more logical sense than your post...

Come on dude it's obviously a weak group on our team. We're not finding Boselli on the cut line and yet this dude wants to cut him out of spite. Luke isn't a great tackle but on this team right now. We need him.

I think you're jumping to extremes makes your point invalid.

ThunderCat:  He was giving you a back handed compliment.

Quote:Lol "easily" the best? based on what? You must of completely ignored AJ and Parnell. The only one he "easily" played better than was Shatley.

This whole Beachum signing, the recent bringing in of FA tackles, and the experimentation of Luke at LG seems like they are more comfortable with suicide than having LJ play start at LT.

Give credit where it's due, Luke played well against the Jets, was solid in pass pro and was able to get to the second level as a run blocker. Now the Jets don't have the "speed to power" rushers that have given Luke fits in the past, but his performance we encouraging regardless. 

Quote:He struggled against the Jets as well.
I wouldn't worry too much about it now. Wait until the middle of the season and see where he's at then. If you're not seeing improvement from a player (who's coming off of a devastating injury and hasn't played a real game yet), then that's when you start to panic a little, imo. Not a practice or a pre-season game. He's learning still, so a little patience in the way of say, A REAL GAME, may be appropriate this time around.  

Quote:ThunderCat: He was giving you a back handed compliment.

That I was.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I wouldn't worry too much about it now. Wait until the middle of the season and see where he's at then. If you're not seeing improvement from a player (who's coming off of a devastating injury and hasn't played a real game yet), then that's when you start to panic a little, imo. Not a practice or a pre-season game. He's learning still, so a little patience in the way of say, A REAL GAME, may be appropriate this time around.  

If Dante "struggles" during the season, I don't think it will have anything to do with his knee, but everything to do with being a rookie edge rusher. Edge rushers typically don't sack the QB 10-12 times in their first year, it usually takes 2-4 years. This is my one concern about this defense heading into the season, the Jaguars are essentially relying on two rookies to rush off the edge, that can be a dangerous proposition.

Quote:If Dante "struggles" during the season, I don't think it will have anything to do with his knee, but everything to do with being a rookie edge rusher. Edge rushers typically don't sack the QB 10-12 times in their first year, it usually takes 2-4 years. This is my one concern about this defense heading into the season, the Jaguars are essentially relying on two rookies to rush off the edge, that can be a dangerous proposition.
I know. I was more trying to be sarcastic in my response. 

Quote:Come on dude it's obviously a weak group on our team. We're not finding Boselli on the cut line and yet this dude wants to cut him out of spite. Luke isn't a great tackle but on this team right now. We need him.
We need him because Beachum is hurt, and we want to see what he has at LG, that's it.

Quote:I think you're jumping to extremes makes your point invalid.

ThunderCat: He was giving you a back handed compliment.

Yeah I know. My favorite tactic from people on boards is when they say "DO yOU EVEN FOOTBALL!?" When you express an unpopular opinion. I used to be on here championing every pick made by Gene Sniff just like many others on here. Not anymore. I pay attention for my self and don't concern my self with what the masses think.

Quote:We need him because Beachum is hurt, and we want to see what he has at LG, that's it.

Regardless we need him as we don't have much quality depth if any on the line. So be spiteful and wanting him traded for a low grade draft pick is dumb. We all want better. Dave will need to draft or pay for a better option.

Are people really saying Dante struggled against the Jets? In his first game NFL game, first game since college? Goodness.

Quote:why because he didnt have a sack and 100 hurries?

It was like 3 series of play

Watch it, he looked lost and out of place.

Quote:Are people really saying Dante struggled against the Jets? In his first game NFL game, first game since college? Goodness.

Well... because the Madden game...

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Watch it, he looked lost and out of place.

Perhaps because it was the first time he saw any real NFL "game action" when it was "live" and not practice?  The #1 thing that overwhelms rookies is the speed of the game... you don't see anything like it at the college level.

People expect draft picks to immediately be "stars" and dominant at their position.  That's not realistic.

Take the worst NFL team and put them up against the "best" college team and it won't even be a close game.

Watching the small clip of the Jaguars pass rush against the Bucs OLs, I liked what I saw out of Miller III and Odrick. ...and Skuta too.

'02

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 05:25 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Regardless we need him as we don't have much quality depth if any on the line. So be spiteful and wanting him traded for a low grade draft pick is dumb. We all want better. Dave will need to draft or pay for a better option.
The "6th round pick" comment was a Blaine Gabbert joke, not really meant to be taken seriously. I really couldn't care less if he was traded for a 7th, a ham sandwich, or even if he turned it all around and became the next Tony Boselli, as long as the LT situation gets straightened out. I have no "spite" for LJ.

Sorry, after seeing him routinely destroyed as a Jaguar in games/ camp doesn't override a decent 2 series in the first preseason game in which he "easily" out played a terrible Shatley. Since the team brought in Beachum, other FA tackles in recent days, and tried him at LG in camp tells me I'm not the only one who shares these concerns about his play.

Glad this suicidal situation has been knocked down to " we need him for depth" btw.

Quote:The "6th round pick" comment was a Blaine Gabbert joke, not really meant to be taken seriously. I really couldn't care less if he was traded for a 7th, a ham sandwich, or even if he turned it all around and became the next Tony Boselli, as long as the LT situation gets straightened out. I have no "spite" for LJ.

Sorry, after seeing him routinely destroyed as a Jaguar in games/ camp doesn't override a decent 2 series in the first preseason game in which he "easily" out played a terrible Shatley. Since the team brought in Beachum, other FA tackles in recent days, and tried him at LG in camp tells me I'm not the only one who shares these concerns about his play.

Glad this suicidal situation has been knocked down to " we need him for depth" btw.

Hey dude you're the one that wants him gone when we don't have anyone on the same level to replace him. That's pretty stupid. 

Quote:Are people really saying Dante struggled against the Jets? In his first game NFL game, first game since college? Goodness.
I don't think people would be saying it if it weren't for the masses saying he's already looking like a combination of Von Miller/Khalil Mack or that "Dante Fowler is not human" and the like. 

Just some pushback against the absolutely absurd expectations and proclamations about the guy before he had even had a snap against someone not on his own team. 

Everyone needs to simply chill with the superlatives in either direction for a while.