Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags workout Will Beatty

If they do sign him I'm wondering if Caldwell will stash Wells on IR for next year.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Two seasons? He had one atrocious game against Houston, but Joeckel was fine at LT for the first 15 games last season.

No, he wasn't. There was always pressure on Bortles coming from that side.

Quote:No, he wasn't. There was always pressure on Bortles coming from that side.

Beadles.

Quote:If they do sign him I'm wondering if Caldwell will stash Wells on IR for next year.

Of course.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2016, 12:22 PM by JackCity.)

No downside to this potential signing.

Quote:@ryanohalloran Beatty interest - says more about Beachum status than depth I think. If Beachum healthy, know they have Joeckel in reserve. #jaguars

Ryan O is an idiot. I'm sure he's hoping Beachum doesn't play just so he can be right. He's been beating this drum all camp
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Didn't Josh Wells have surgery? Ryan O is blowing hot air like always. We definitely need tackle depth and for me personally I'd rather Joeckel at guard starting than at tackle.

Eh, I actually think Ryan O. may be on to something. Beachum is likely going to need couple weeks of team practice before he is ready to play in a game and probably a week or two more after that until he's ready to even play a full game. It's really starting to get to crunch time if he is going to be the opening day starter. Also that's not factoring in the time it will take for him to feel right once he's playing on that knee again.

Anyways, I don't Beatty is sitting out there because not one team has offered him a contract, I think he's biding his time until a starter gets injured or suspended in Lane Johnson's case. He's historically been a solid starter who has had some injury concerns and I don't think he's going to come here strictly be a #2 or even #3 LT.

Since we've already offered Beatty a contract, I think there's a real chance Beachum may miss the first few weeks of the season and they don't want Joeckel switching back and forth on the left side of the line.

It comes down to what the actual offer is, but all things considered, I would think we are a more attractive spot than Philly for a lot of reasons.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I'm acquainted with his grandfather, Ned. 

Quote:Two seasons? He had one atrocious game against Houston, but Joeckel was fine at LT for the first 15 games last season.

This is blatantly false. Joeckel was the weak link all season and only beadles came close to challenging him for that title.

Either it was getting zonked in the run game (remember those sweep attempts?) Or giving up constant pressure in the pass game forcing bortles to scramble/hurry throws.

He gave up free hits/lanes to Bortles throughout the season we simply have a QB who can escape and get throws off while being hit when necessary.

Quote:This is blatantly false. Joeckel was the weak link all season and only beadles came close to challenging him for that title.

Either it was getting zonked in the run game (remember those sweep attempts?) Or giving up constant pressure in the pass game forcing bortles to scramble/hurry throws.

He gave up free hits/lanes to Bortles throughout the season we simply have a QB who can escape and get throws off while being hit when necessary.
Beadles was worse than Joeckel dude. Not saying Luke is great but Beadles was absolute garbage.

The more I see Ryan O tweet or hear him on the radio, the more clear it becomes he hates this front office or just the team in general. Working out a guy to help fill a backup role at Tackle to help find some depth says nothing about Beachum's knee or Joke. It does however show that Joke is all but an emergency option at LT, I dont think Gus or Dave want to have LJ at LT at all. Hes like the 3rd string QB. If he is in, you are screwed. 

Quote:The more I see Ryan O tweet or hear him on the radio, the more clear it becomes he hates this front office or just the team in general. Working out a guy to help fill a backup role at Tackle to help find some depth says nothing about Beachum's knee or Joke. It does however show that Joke is all but an emergency option at LT, I dont think Gus or Dave want to have LJ at LT at all. Hes like the 3rd string QB. If he is in, you are screwed.

He's literally the only reporter who's said anything along the lines of "Beachum's status"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Two seasons? He had one atrocious game against Houston, but Joeckel was fine at LT for the first 15 games last season.

No. You don't trust Bortle's career with that soft scrub. Sign a vet

Quote:I'm acquainted with his grandfather, Ned.

Hopefully genetics are in the Jaguars favor, they need more pork on their OL.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I'm acquainted with his grandfather, Ned. 

Heard he had a purty mouth.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."