Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags looking to trade depth

Quote:Risky, he was our sack leader last year.

I really like Odricks game and wouldn't like to trade him at all just he seems to spring to mind when I think of a player a team might want to part with a good lineman for. Perhaps they feel better doing it with Day in the wings.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

3 tech is where the depth is. It's more likely one of those guys. (If anyone)

Odrick isn't going anywhere.

I'm thinking Marks or more likely Alualu.

Michael Bennett is the guy on the bubble I really worry about being cut and blowing up on another team.

I would like to see him stick around.

Marks is the only guy that would draw any interest of the names being tossed out in this thread. His pay isn't crazy and his performance two years ago was pro bowl level. Which is why I wouldn't be looking to trade him if I were the Jaguars.

Marcedes, Alualu, Henne, and Bennett likely have no trade value at all with the possible exception of getting conditional late round compensation for Bennett just because he's still young.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 04:02 PM by MikePete54.)

Trading Marks would be a mistake. Injuires happens, and you need depth with both Oline and Dline.

RB, TE and maybe QB (Henne).

Quote:Marks is the only guy that would draw any interest of the names being tossed out in this thread. His pay isn't crazy and his performance two years ago was pro bowl level. Which is why I wouldn't be looking to trade him if I were the Jaguars.

Marcedes, Alualu, Henne, and Bennett likely have no trade value at all with the possible exception of getting conditional late round compensation for Bennett just because he's still young.

I think Alualu has some trade value.

Alualu is the only one i'd be okay with trading, but I don't think he has much value.

Quote:I think Alualu has some trade value.

Why do you think that? He was a complete nonfactor on one of the worst defenses the league has ever seen last year. Also he's 29.

Why do you think he has trade value? Is there a dearth of guys to occupy roster spots and draw a paycheck in the NFL this season?

Quote:Alualu is the only one i'd be okay with trading, but I don't think he has much value.

He is a solid dlineman who doesn't miss games. I really think there are teams that would part with a 4 or 5 for that.

You can do a lot worse than Alualu.

What did the Jaguars get for Eugene Monroe? He was a quality starting left Tackle, a premium position.

Does anyone really think the Jaguars could get similar compensation for a bottom of the barrel 29 year old defensive tackle?

Quote:He is a solid dlineman who doesn't miss games. I really think there are teams that would part with a 4 or 5 for that.

You can do a lot worse than Alualu.

No way they get a 4 or 5 for Alualu

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:No way they get a 4 or 5 for Alualu

4 is probably a little unrealistic, but I think yall are under-valuing him. I think there are teams who would be happy to have Alualu.

Quote:Hopefully we can get some oline help. Also wouldn't mind trading Marcedes Lewis.

Ummm, do you even understand your own thought process?

Quote:What did the Jaguars get for Eugene Monroe? He was a quality starting left Tackle, a premium position.

Does anyone really think the Jaguars could get similar compensation for a bottom of the barrel 29 year old defensive tackle?

I mean Dave got a 6th for Gabbert at a time nobody thought he was worth a pack of gum. Now ofcourse the deal looks good for 49ers. So who knows what he can get for ALUALU.

Well if we can trade Alualu for OL depth, that'd be great. 

Quote:I mean Dave got a 6th for Gabbert at a time nobody thought he was worth a pack of gum. Now ofcourse the deal looks good for 49ers. So who knows what he can get for ALUALU.

Gabbert was a young QB, not an old defensive lineman. There will be a lot of guys available on the street in a few weeks of similar ability to Alualu for any teams that think they need to pay someone to take up a locker.

Quote:Henne

Henne

Henne

Henne
i'd take a can of sardines in mustard sauce plus a PBR in a heartbeat

I'd trade a ham sandwich for Marcedes

No, I'll take a can of sardines

No, I'll take a pbj sandwich

How about yall trade that lame joke for a proper opinion?

I would think a team would only be interested in older established players with minimal injury history or young guys with lots of upside. I'm talking non premium positions only.

Ryan Davis was playing with the 3rd stringers on Thursday. He could be a name to watch. I think if the right offer comes along for Marks, he could very well be on his way out too.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."