Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags looking to trade depth

If alualu gets traded for anything more than a long snapper hell will freeze over.

One of the worst d lineman I have ever seen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trade Henne and Alualu to the Browns.

Quote:Probably gonna end up trading Lee.

I doubt it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Trade Henne and Alualu to the Browns.

For what? Ocean breeze Gatorade flavor?

Quote:For what? Ocean breeze Gatorade flavor?
Sure, why not. Put the trash where trash belongs... In Cleveland!

If Hurns or ARob got hurt, we'd have Lee there to make up for it. I wouldn't be comfortable with Benn or Walters making the plays necessary to keep the offense going. We're looking to trade depth players at positions that are deep with talent, so we won't miss them or notice they're gone. Lee has so much potential if he could just stay healthy.

Quote:If Hurns or ARob got hurt, we'd have Lee there to make up for it. I wouldn't be comfortable with Benn or Walters making the plays necessary to keep the offense going. We're looking to trade depth players at positions that are deep with talent, so we won't miss them or notice they're gone. Lee has so much potential if he could just stay healthy.

There's always a risk involved.

Apparently the front office REALLY likes Greene and think he is starter material.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Probably gonna end up trading Lee.

Not a bad idea. I'd be for it if we can get a capable O-lineman. We fared well last year without Lee, and have some depth at receiver. More talent than at the O-line position. I'm not confident that Lee makes it very long before another injury sets him back and we're all talking again about how much potential he has if he can just stay healthy.

Quote:There's always a risk involved.

Apparently the front office REALLY likes Greene and think he is starter material.

I remember reading that story but I have yet seen anything out of him to warrant high praise. Caldwell himself called Greene a slot WR. I don't see him doing much playing outside in place of Hurns or ARob.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2016, 12:02 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Quote:Not a bad idea. I'd be for it if we can get a capable O-lineman. We fared well last year without Lee, and have some depth at receiver. More talent than at the O-line position. I'm not confident that Lee makes it very long before another injury sets him back and we're all talking again about how much potential he has if he can just stay healthy.
I agree.

Also, Rashad Greene can play the slot role with Hurns and Robinson on the outside. And since he can return punts and kicks, Lee becomes expendable.

Let me be clear...I do not want to trade Lee. He is a weapon but he can't stay healthy. And we have proved that our passing game is still top flight without him.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 11:58 PM by Jerrad.)

Quote:For what? Ocean breeze Gatorade flavor?

I'd sure take that trade, but Cleveland may be giving up too much. We may have to settle for just plain ol lemon lime flavor.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

ARob is going to get a megadeal and we already paid Hurns and Julius. I would not be surprised at all if we traded Lee or Lewis

Marks would be the most logical choice. We might get a mid-round pick or possibly an offensive lineman from a team desperate for D-Line help. Can't see getting much for Bennett- maybe a 7th rounder. No way I'd trade Poz since the young defense needs veteran leadership and he still is valuable on 1st and 2nd downs.

I just don't get the point in trading depth players that could be starters on other teams. Super Bowl teams have depth, depth, depth, and more depth. What's the point in trading Marks for a 5th? Marks is better than any 5th rounder we can get right off the bat. He has two years left on his contract and is only going to cost us around 4mil. You guys are acting like we can pull off some pro bowl caliber offensive lineman. If that's the case, then yeah I'm all for it, but that's not going to happen.

Quote:I just don't get the point in trading depth players that could be starters on other teams. Super Bowl teams have depth, depth, depth, and more depth. What's the point in trading Marks for a 5th? Marks is better than any 5th rounder we can get right off the bat. He has two years left on his contract and is only going to cost us around 4mil. You guys are acting like we can pull off some pro bowl caliber offensive lineman. If that's the case, then yeah I'm all for it, but that's not going to happen.

If your franchise qb is getting killed and you can find him some adequate protection short term, you do it
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:The point is they want to trade players they would otherwise have to cut.

I think there's a very good chance the whole conundrum of "too much depth" could be solved with an injury by the end of training camp.   It seems to happen every year.   Someone gets a hangnail and winds up on IR.  Look at Sheldon Day- he's missed the last week and a half with a mysterious back injury.   He's a rookie and could use a year in an NFL weight room.   Or he could go on the limited IR and come back mid-season.  

Quote:What did the Jaguars get for Eugene Monroe? He was a quality starting left Tackle, a premium position.

Does anyone really think the Jaguars could get similar compensation for a bottom of the barrel 29 year old defensive tackle?

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the Jacksonville Jaguars have agreed on a deal that will send left tackle Eugene Monroe to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for multiple draft picks, per a source informed of the transaction. The deal is pending a physical.

The Jaguars will receive the Ravens' fourth- and fifth-round 2014 draft picks in exchange for Monroe, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday, per a source involved in the deal.

How about Gratz?  I know they want to use him as the nickel the first 4 weeks, but Ramsey could do it.  I'd rather keep Nick Marshall than Gratz.

Quote:Henne

Henne

Henne

Henne

To San Francisco for Blaine Gabbert + draft pick.

Dave good.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Marks, Lee,and Davis seem like the only players that would garner any interest.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.