Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags looking to trade depth

Quote:alualu also always played with crap at the end positions and the back 7 so even if he was doing well the talent around him allowed the offense to double him more often than not.  I could see him leaving us and being a better player elsewhere.  i actually like the guy healthy or not he gives 110 and never says a bad word.  

If Alualu is being doubled, it's simply because the OL has an extra body and they have to double somebody. It's not like Alualu ever truly demands a double team.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not sure why people are still hating on alualu. He's a big ugly who is reliable and tough. He's not a great player. He's an average defensive lineman. He's working his butt off right now to make the team, like he always has.

If and when he makes it, that will be because he earned it.

I'm personally ok with him on the team indefinitely.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:If Alualu is being doubled, it's simply because the OL has an extra body and they have to double somebody. It's not like Alualu ever truly demands a double team.
Which, if they have an extra body to double somebody, it's highly likely they're going to use that extra body against somebody they feel is the biggest opposing threat... They're not just going to double some random scrub, just because they can.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2016, 10:31 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

Quote:Five years ago, a similar lineup would have been:

Jason Hill--Marcedes Lewis--Mike Thomas--Jarrett Dillard

Caldwell has injected a lot of talent and completely remade our offense. As a team that has struggled with pass catchers for roughly a decade, it is indeed a strange sight to see.

Quote:Agreed, especially on Sheldon Day.

I can't imagine this team keeping a 6th DT with roster spots at such a premium. It comes down to making a choice and keeping Marks or Bennett as a 5th DT. I have to think Marks has the edge on the roster over Bennett unless they're thinking about Bennett being six years younger. With all of this in mind, Caldwell is very likely actively shopping Sen'Derrick. Don't be surprised if we suddenly hear of him being traded for say a 5th round pick.

New Orleans Saints?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I still don't see any way Tyson Alualu makes the team this year. Too many young guys/draft picks and FAs for him to fit anymore imo.

In my eyes he's a poor man's Marcedes Lewis: not a bad player, but probably stuck around longer than he should have. Neither of those guys made a major difference in the outcome of the last few seasons, but they both worked hard and did their part. Can't hate em for that.

Quote:Agreed, especially on Sheldon Day.

I can't imagine this team keeping a 6th DT with roster spots at such a premium. It comes down to making a choice and keeping Marks or Bennett as a 5th DT. I have to think Marks has the edge on the roster over Bennett unless they're thinking about Bennett being six years younger. With all of this in mind, Caldwell is very likely actively shopping Sen'Derrick. Don't be surprised if we suddenly hear of him being traded for say a 5th round pick.

Ill be pretty upset if we trade Marks for a 5th round draft pick. A starting offensive lineman? Sure, good deal. I'd rather cut Bennett and let Marks backup Jackson for a year or two than toss a former probowler for a 5th round pick. I don't even think a 4th would be ok.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 05:30 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Michael Bennett shows flashes of a potentially starter-capable DT. He doesn't get much exposure in our DL rotation because of all of the guys we have rotating in. This guy was a steal for us and is probably a better player than Tyson. We got quality picks for trading Eugene Monroe and Josh Scobee. Neither of which will be playing this year. We got a late pick for Blaine Gabbert. Who would've otherwise been cut. In Dave We Trust.

No pain, no gain.

I just read that the UPI is reporting Dallas would consider trading OG/OT La'el Collins for a DE. If true, I would be all over that one. Collins was my favorite O-Lineman in the '15 draft and the poor kid got a bum wrap by being falsely implicated in a murder he had nothing to do with, losing out on getting drafted. He showed great promise in Dallas at LG and I believe he could be a very good LT as well. I'd do just about anything to make this deal happen even if it meant dealing someone like Odrick or Marks and a draft pick.

Quote:I just read that the UPI is reporting Dallas would consider trading OG/OT La'el Collins for a DE. If true, I would be all over that one. Collins was my favorite O-Lineman in the '15 draft and the poor kid got a bum wrap by being falsely implicated in a murder he had nothing to do with, losing out on getting drafted. He showed great promise in Dallas at LG and I believe he could be a very good LT as well. I'd do just about anything to make this deal happen even if it meant dealing someone like Odrick or Marks and a draft pick.

I don't like it. One, we aren't like one player away - whatever that means.  Two, Collins hasn't proven anything in the pros.  Dealing established vets from a young D line which needs their presence and leadership seem rash, to me.  Ten, let's patiently wait to see how the starting O line look.  We haven't had a chance to assess them as yet in an actual game.  The makeshift version was hardly flawed in the early going of Jets' opener.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016, 06:29 AM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:I just read that the UPI is reporting Dallas would consider trading OG/OT La'el Collins for a DE. If true, I would be all over that one. Collins was my favorite O-Lineman in the '15 draft and the poor kid got a bum wrap by being falsely implicated in a murder he had nothing to do with, losing out on getting drafted. He showed great promise in Dallas at LG and I believe he could be a very good LT as well. I'd do just about anything to make this deal happen even if it meant dealing someone like Odrick or Marks and a draft pick.
I am pretty much against trading Marks but if the Cowboys offered La'el Collins, I would take it and run. Collins showed flashes of being dominant last year.

*edit - I don't actually believe the Cowboys would trade a talent like Collins.

Quote:I am pretty much against trading Marks but if the Cowboys offered La'el Collins, I would take it and run. Collins showed flashes of being dominant last year.

*edit - I don't actually believe the Cowboys would trade a talent like Collins.

I'd have to agree here as well. I don't want to trade Marks, but with Malik and Miller with Day and Bennet behind them, I'd definitely do it for Collins.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Found this article on the Collins rumor. Never heard of the source so take it as you will, especially since the headline calls Collins a LB lol

http://www.centriotimes.com/2016/08/nfl-...e-end.html
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS