Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yeldon/Ivory

As Blake has eluded to previously, the team will go as far as these guys can take them. We need to be able to control the game and finish teams out and that only gets accomplished with a great running game. They each looked fantastic Thursday night, running decisively and controlling the game the entire time they were in there, even being down two of our best linemen. Granted, Wilkerson was out for the Jets, but I was particularly impressed with Yeldon. He seems to be a much more decisive runner than he was last year, which shows he's getting more comfortable and both he and Ivory can make plays in the passing game as well. This has been largely understated, with everyone focusing on our great crop of young WR's, but it is equally possible that we have one of the best young backfields in the NFL, with Ivory being 28 and the reigning AFC rushing champ and Yeldon just 22 and poised for a breakout year. They will work well off of one another and ensure fresh legs and hopefully extended NFL shelf life. I have to agree with Blake that their play will be one of the most understated, but important storylines of the upcoming season. Since 2014 we have only had 4 100+ yard rushing performances, 2 by D-Rob and 2 by Yeldon last year. I think we see that change moving forward.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ivory and Yeldon make a great tandem.  

They'll make things easier for this team this season.  If Beachum/Joeckel/Linder can be full-go on the left side for week one, I think the ground game will be strong. 

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 02:09 PM by jagsfreak27.)

Quote:Ivory and Yeldon make a great tandem.  

They'll make things easier of for this team this season.  If Beachum/Joeckel/Linder can be full-go on the left side for week one, I think the ground game will be strong. 

Yes! And consider that Cann/Parnell were flat out dominant against the Jets! I'm cautiously optimistic about the o-line. 

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Yes! And consider that Cann/Linder were flat out dominant against the Jets! I'm cautiously optimistic about the o-line.

Considering Linder didn't play....

Quote:Considering Linder didn't play....

Excuse me, I meant to say Parnell. The right side of the line was dominant.

Quote:Excuse me, I meant to say Parnell. The right side of the line was dominant.

Yeah they were.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 05:56 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

A strong running game becomes more prevalent when you can count on the defense. It's hard to stick with running the football when you fall behind every game and the defense can't get off the field. I still can't figure out how Gus hasn't gotten anything useful out of this defense since he got here. We're probably competing with the Saints for softest defense in the league. We definitely have the best roster we've had on that side of the ball. Hopefully Gus gets fired despite the extra year on his contract when we continue to lose because of the horrible defense that he is supposed to be an expert on.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:A strong running game becomes more prevalent when you can count on the defense. It's hard to stick with running the football when you fall behind every game and the defense can't get off the field. I still can't figure out how Gus hasn't gotten anything useful out of this defense since he got here. We're probably competing with the Saints for softest defense in the league. We definitely have the best roster we've had on that side of the ball. Hopefully Gus gets fired despite the extra year on his contract when we continue to lose because of the horrible defense that he is supposed to be an expert on.

I guess we're going to ignore the fact that there hasn't been much talent on that side of the ball since he's been here. Maybe Gus will be fired, but if you want him gone no need to pretend like he's had the players he needed to run his scheme. Just be like," I don't like him and I want him fired." There's way more truth in that.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016, 01:36 PM by Mandarin.)

Quote:I guess we're going to ignore the fact that there hasn't been much talent on that side of the ball since he's been here. Maybe Gus will be fired, but if you want him gone no need to pretend like he's had the players he needed to run his scheme. Just be like," I don't like him and I want him fired." There's way more truth in that.
I was thinking the same thing.  Defense and Kicking has had little talent and consistency...

Either one could be a featureback

This will be biggest improvement this season on offense

Quote:Ivory and Yeldon make a great tandem.

They'll make things easier of for this team this season. If Beachum/Joeckel/Linder can be full-go on the left side for week one, I think the ground game will be strong.

It's really a great tandem. Yeldon looks a lot quicker this year.
;

;

Only just getting a chance to see the preseason.

I am so impressed with our one two punch. If they can stay healthy we really have something.

Very like Bernard and hill for the bengals

Only think our running game is missing is that home run hitter. That back that can hit a long TD run.

Quote:Only think our running game is missing is that home run hitter. That back that can hit a long TD run.

Well, they do have Corey Grant. :thumbsup:

'02

Quote:Well, they do have Corey Grant. :thumbsup:

My statement still stands. I'm not a believer in Grant.

I love Yeldon's receiving ability as well.

Ain't gone lie. Yeldon & Ivory are sick.
ImATexan

Fire and Ice. Or thunder and lighting.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:It's really a great tandem. Yeldon looks a lot quicker this year.

I was thinking the same thing.

He looks like he's getting shot out of a cannon once bb5 hands him the rock.

I have to keep telling myself this is just pre-season.