Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yeldon/Ivory

These two completely change the complexion of our offense and add a whole new dimension that will help us control games. We haven't been able to convert in short yardage in the past few seasons, but you have to imagine that will change going forward
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Only think our running game is missing is that home run hitter. That back that can hit a long TD run.
While we don't have that game breaking speed RB, who could take it too the house on any given play. I'll gladly take 2 very good RBs who consistently get you 4-10+ yards, dang near every time they touch the ball.

Especially with the passing game that we currently have. The play action pass is going to be nasty this season. Even more so if Lee can stay healthy and be a consistent threat to take the top off the Defense.

I mean, what are teams going to do? Stack the box with 8-9 guys and risk AR15, Hurns, Thomas, or Lee to smoke them deep. Or are teams going to play it safe in coverage and let Yeldon/Ivory rack up 1st down, after 1st down, all the way down the field.

Quote:While we don't have that game breaking speed RB, who could take it too the house on any given play. I'll gladly take 2 very good RBs who consistently get you 4-10+ yards, dang near every time they touch the ball.

Especially with the passing game that we currently have. The play action pass is going to be nasty this season. Even more so if Lee can stay healthy and be a consistent threat to take the top off the Defense.

I mean, what are teams going to do? Stack the box with 8-9 guys and risk AR15, Hurns, Thomas, or Lee to smoke them deep. Or are teams going to play it safe in coverage and let Yeldon/Ivory rack up 1st down, after 1st down, all the way down the field.

I agree. I just miss long touchdown runs.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2016, 03:13 AM by BritishJag.)

Quote:I was thinking the same thing.

He looks like he's getting shot out of a cannon once bb5 hands him the rock.

I have to keep telling myself this is just pre-season.
Probably fresh this year, last year he spent some preseason injured and was then overused because Gerhart sucked.

Also I don't think having a home run rb is important when you got a gunslinging QB. RBs keep moving the chain teams have to gameplan for them then BB5 can take his deep shots.

Quote:Probably fresh this year, last year he spent some preseason injured and was then overused because Gerhart sucked.

Also I don't think having a home run rb is important when you got a gunslinging QB. RBs keep moving the chain teams have to gameplan for them then BB5 can take his deep shots.

Good points.  I'm just saying it was nice to see how he attacked the LOS and seemed to be more explosive in his runs.  He looked different to me on Saturday when compared to last year.  I hope it's a sign that the game has slowed down for him and that he's more confident in what he's seeing.

it's just pre-season though...  I just hope he keeps this up come Week 1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:While we don't have that game breaking speed RB, who could take it too the house on any given play. I'll gladly take 2 very good RBs who consistently get you 4-10+ yards, dang near every time they touch the ball.

This truly gets me excited. This offense will be fun to watch!

On one if bortles touchdown throws, Yeldon had a terrific block where he stayed engaged to the defender and rotated his hips very well.

Ivory (who played with Brees) and Yeldon are semi complete backs but also have strengths that compliment the offense rather than each other. We don't miss a beat when one is in the backfield.