Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another Bortles Thread

Quote:Guys...please...stop misinterpreting this as Bortles-bashing. It's not. I have no intention of bashing him. I want him to be here for a long time and I believe in him as the future of this team, 100%. The ONLY point I was trying to make, was that if he can put up those kinds of stats without hitting his man in stride, it will be amazing if and when he DOES hit him in stride. The throw was good enough, and the play was a damned good heads up play on his part from the sound of it. That's awesome.

I just hope, in the future, that instead of just a gain we get the touchdown that it should and could have been.

I hear you and totally agree that Blake can often do a better job of actually hitting his WRs in stride vs making them come back for or track down the ball. I have no problem pointing out that Bortles still has some room to improve.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 05:07 PM by leopold332002.)

Quote:I hear you and totally agree that Blake can often do a better job of actually hitting his WRs in stride vs making them come back for or track down the ball. I have no problem pointing out that Bortles still has some room to improve.

How's Derek Carr doing this preseaon?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:He looks really in command right now. His footwork is better, he is making quicker decisions and he is really mobile in the pocket. His ball placement isn't always great but I don't think he will ever be a super accurate passer like a drew brees. Honestly his game kinda reminds me of McNabb and I am 100% happy with that.

I love the McNabb comparison as he was known for his deep passes. I've compared him Romo and to Big Ben, as of others to Big Ben, and I've even heard Aaron Rodgers. He has a little of all these guys in him.

'02

Quote:In other news, Carr just went 9/13 for 38 yards and 1 INT.

It's time for an early Preseason qb stat comparison. So far after two games, here's where we stand...

• Teddy Bridgewater - 6 of 7 for 92 yards and 1 TD for a perfect 158.3 qb rating (Teddy sat out week two)

• Blake Bortles - 14 of 18 for 190 yards and 2 TDs for a 147.7 qb rating

• Marcus Mariota - 14 of 15 for 149 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT for a 102.5 qb rating

• Jameis Winston - 10 of 19 for 125 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT for a 86.5 qb rating

• Derek Carr - 12 of 20 for 82 yards and 1 INT for a 48.3 qb rating

'02

One question I had is that Blake's play-action fake hand offs don't seem fluid and easier to recognize from true runs. Maybe that is just me or the angle of seeing it from the stands versus as the defense sees it, but did anyone else get that sense?

Quote:One question I had is that Blake's play-action fake hand offs don't seem fluid and easier to recognize from true runs. Maybe that is just me or the angle of seeing it from the stands versus as the defense sees it, but did anyone else get that sense?

Wasn't anything that immediately stood out to me. I'd have to watch more specifically
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:One question I had is that Blake's play-action fake hand offs don't seem fluid and easier to recognize from true runs. Maybe that is just me or the angle of seeing it from the stands versus as the defense sees it, but did anyone else get that sense?

I did notice watching on TV in the game against the Bucs that he seems to "alligator arm" it.  He doesn't get much of an extension like he's going to hand it off, and sometimes not really in the direction of the RB.  Not really a big deal, but something that he can work on.

Quote:I did notice watching on TV in the game against the Bucs that he seems to "alligator arm" it. He doesn't get much of an extension like he's going to hand it off, and sometimes not really in the direction of the RB. Not really a big deal, but something that he can work on.

Considering I watched Romo fake handoff on the complete opposite side of where the rb was, I'm not too worries lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Considering I watched Romo fake handoff on the complete opposite side of where the rb was, I'm not too worries lol

Yeah, definitely one of the least of our worries.  It is exciting that when discussing our QB's deficiencies we're getting to the point where we talk about not leading his WR enough on a 40 yard bomb and that he doesn't extend enough on a play action fake.

Quote:Considering the thread, there wasn't a point that needed to be made.

There was but don't worry about it.  At this point, it doesn't matter.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.