Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another Bortles Thread

Quote:I don't care though. I'm  just glad he recognized the free play and took advantage.

Agreed, it's awesome to have a QB going into his third year that's already experienced enough to take advantage of the situation.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The good news is he's already lights out.  His command of the offense looks improved and he's got some great receiver talent.  As long as the passes are being completed, who cares if the spirals are perfect are the passes are perfectly thrown?

This is what it really comes down to. I tend to give Derek Carr the edge over Bortles because his passes look beautiful by comparison, but there's a different dynamic with ARob and Hurns vs Amari and Crabtree. Yeah I do give Carr an edge as a QB, but the Jaguars still have a much better passing attack than Del Rio's Raiders. Oley has them dialed in to the kind of deep passing attack that Al Davis, RIP, dreamed of.

'02

Quote:This is what it really comes down to. I tend to give Derek Carr the edge over Bortles because his passes look beautiful by comparison, but there's a different dynamic with ARob and Hurns vs Amari and Crabtree. Yeah I do give Carr an edge as a QB, but the Jaguars still have a much better passing attack than Del Rio's Raiders. Oley has them dialed in to the kind of deep passing attack that Al Davis, RIP, dreamed of.
That's what I am hoping will change as Bortles progresses - I want to see him hone his craft where he hits his man in stride.

Quote:Al Davis, RIP

You really do love Corey Grant!! 

I think it was a factor of seveal things, it was a free play, I can't remember seeing many intelligent plays like that from bb5 so he was trying to get it real quick, he couldn't step up into it very well, and it was a bang bang play and the Stong safety would have leveled arob if he had led him to the hashes. When I saw the play live that was the first thing I thought of, that blake was looking out for his receiver to not get hurt in the first preseason game and was just trying to complete a free play bomb. Because even though in that vine you can't see the ss, if he had lobbed it and threw it to the right, that safety could have covered the distance and either picked it or possibly injured arob
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

Quote:You really do love Corey Grant!! 

Al Davis would have given him a multi-year extension by no.

...just kidding, but the man sure did appreciate true speed.

'02

Quote:I think it was a factor of seveal things, it was a free play, I can't remember seeing many intelligent plays like that from bb5 so he was trying to get it real quick, he couldn't step up into it very well, and it was a bang bang play and the Stong safety would have leveled arob if he had led him to the hashes. When I saw the play live that was the first thing I thought of, that blake was looking out for his receiver to not get hurt in the first preseason game and was just trying to complete a free play bomb. Because even though in that vine you can't see the ss, if he had lobbed it and threw it to the right, that safety could have covered the distance and either picked it or possibly injured arob
Interesting! If true that's def. some savvy we haven't seen from BB5 yet

Quote:I think it was a factor of seveal things, it was a free play, I can't remember seeing many intelligent plays like that from bb5 so he was trying to get it real quick, he couldn't step up into it very well, and it was a bang bang play and the Stong safety would have leveled arob if he had led him to the hashes. When I saw the play live that was the first thing I thought of, that blake was looking out for his receiver to not get hurt in the first preseason game and was just trying to complete a free play bomb. Because even though in that vine you can't see the ss, if he had lobbed it and threw it to the right, that safety could have covered the distance and either picked it or possibly injured arob

He didn't need to lob it in between the hashes to make the play, in fact throwing where ARob felt the need to leave his feet technically put him at risk, but your point stands.

Bortles isn't the problem. Never was. The defense has always sucked under Bradley. Hopefully its fixed.

Someone named bortles the problem??? Plz quote.

Quote:Someone named bortles the problem??? Plz quote.

People have been micromanaging Bortle's throws while you have a 31st ranked PPG defense. It's stupid. 

Quote:People have been micromanaging Bortle's throws while you have a 31st ranked PPG defense. It's stupid.

Is it because we/they were talking about an offensive play? I'm pretty sure there's another thread debating a defensive lapse with the LB's

Quote:People have been micromanaging Bortle's throws while you have a 31st ranked PPG defense. It's stupid. 
Noone's micromanaging his throws dude, I was asking a damn question about a developing QB who, as much as I love and believe he will become exactly what we expect, isn't quite there yet.

Don't be so defensive. It's, to use your own word, "stupid". 

I don't know the back-shoulder throws on the sideline were good throws even for the middle of the season. That kind of thing is basically impossible to defend if it's a good throw and the receiver is on the same page with the QB.  You can see the practice paying off. It's a really good sign that Lee made plays also. As the quarterback he is always subject to scrutiny but he is definitely one of the strong parts of our team. No doubt about that.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Another bortles complaint!!!! Why i am not surprised hearing this from our own fanbase. lol.

Thats what this thread should be named. Ok... I got a good one.. 3 Jaguars enter a bar... ok? What type of whine goes best with tailgating. Bortles winery baby!!!!!
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Good lord.

Just because someone pointed out a bad throw, means they are complaining about Bortles?

Seriously, stop getting so butt hurt.

Maybe just jaded from all the "historically bad" rookie season criticism Blake got.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 02:10 PM by Joe.)

Who cares? The dude threw 35 tds last year and aside from a JT drop has been near perfect so far. Anyone who truly is "complaining" (I'm willing to bet hardly any) about Bortles doesn't know what they're talking about.

It's a football message board designed to have discussions about football. Pointing out a bad pass instead of worshippining the ground he walks on isn't "complaining". Get over it.

That sure is a lot of misspent energy for someone with a "who cares?" and "get over it" attitude.

The point of my post was to poke fun at those who were hyper critical of how "bad" his rookie season was, when it was clear even then he was the QB we'd been waiting about a decade for.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

You all need to go outside.