Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another Bortles Thread

I guess asking questions and fanalyzing gameplay means I hate Bortles. Nevermind that I bought the guy's jersey day 1 and still wear it proudly. You'd think I insulted some of these people's mothers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That sure is a lot of misspent energy for someone with a "who cares?" and "get over it" attitude.

The point of my post was to poke fun at those who were hyper critical of how "bad" his rookie season was, when it was clear even then he was the QB we'd been waiting about a decade for.
Yeah, didn't really mean to direct those at u, my bad.

It's just weird how if you don't say " Every Blake Bortles play was perfect", you automatically are "complaining" about him. I made a topic about how many "garbage time TDs" I felt Blake threw last year, and some how I ended up a "Blake Bortles hater". Why would I be a "Blake Bortles hater" for throwing touchdowns?

On this topic, I didn't notice myself that this throw was off the mark , so I'm glad someone brought it up.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 06:50 PM by leopold332002.)

Quote:Thats what this thread should be named. Ok... I got a good one.. 3 Jaguars enter a bar... ok? What type of whine goes best with tailgating. Bortles winery baby!!!!!
I got a title for this thread and it called stop being a message board scout like you can do a better job at throwing the football than him. Let the man develop as a passer and for the love of God stop nitpicking every single thing about his game like you're his QB coach. Congratulations, he's not perfect so lets log off our accounts and go to sleep because we just solve the puzzle on Blake Bortles. So who can we as a fan base pick on next to satisfy our football IQ? All i'm saying is let the man develop first before we want to declare anything about his game as a NFL QB. I apologize in advanced if i'm coming across as too sensitive about this topic but i think Blake's going to be a good QB and it baffles me that we're trying to find things to constantly criticize him. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:I got a title for this thread and it called stop being a message board scout like you can do a better job at throwing the football than him. Let the man develop as a passer and for the love of God stop nipicking every single thing about his game like you're his QB coach. Congratulations, he's not perfect so lets log off our accounts and go to sleep because we just solve the puzzle on Blake Bortles. So who can we as a fan base pick on next to satisfy our football IQ? Let the man develop first before we want to declare anything about his game.

Seriously, work up the nerve and ask him out already...meanwhile we'll continue to use this forum to discuss jag players and coaches ad nauseum.

Quote:Seriously, work up the nerve and ask him out already...meanwhile we'll continue to use this forum to discuss jag players and coaches ad nauseum.
give me his number and i'll ask him out. 

Quote:I guess asking questions and fanalyzing gameplay means I hate Bortles. Nevermind that I bought the guy's jersey day 1 and still wear it proudly. You'd think I insulted some of these people's mothers.

i know i was just kidding around.. u r def entitled to discuss, and may view some valid points. I wouldnt say its "Blake bashing"... YET~ Smile
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 07:28 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Ok guys.  I played QB in 9th grade so I know exactly what Bortles was thinking .....

Bottom Line -- the WR was wide open.  They thing that would be going through my head and I'm certain Bortles felt the same way was DON'T OVERTHROW THE WR.  With that in mind, you give up the 20% opportunity to hit him in stride and instead opt for the 95% safer play of  under throwing the ball and accepting the 50 yard gain.

For all you armchair QBs, please don't try to 2nd guess Bortles.  He and I are in the minority when it comes to people having actual QB experience.

Quote:i know i was just kidding around.. u r def entitled to discuss, and may view some valid points. I wouldnt say its "Blake bashing"... YET~ Smile
Yeah, you're right and at the end of the day we're all on the same team rooting for this franchise to succeed even if we have different views on various subjects with this team. 

Quote:Ok guys.  I played QB in 9th grade so I know exactly what Bortles was thinking .....

Bottom Line -- the WR was wide open.  They thing that would be going through my head and I'm certain Bortles felt the same way was DON'T OVERTHROW THE WR.  With that in mind, you give up the 20% opportunity to hit him in stride and instead opt for the 95% safer play of  under throwing the ball and accepting the 50 yard gain.

For all you armchair QBs, please don't try to 2nd guess Bortles.  He and I are in the minority when it comes to people having actual QB experience.
I appreciate your insight on the matter. lol. 

Quote:give me his number and i'll ask him out.

On a more serious note, I thought it was a heads up play by bortles and the progression he is making has me giddy. The next time he's in that situation, I have all confidence he will make an even better play. Your comment probably was pointed more at ppl who seem more concerned with spewing negativity as opposed to constructive criticism (that's the hope anyway). You aren't going to change their minds or views. Bortles is going to make more "mistakes". Doesn't matter, he is going to straight ball!

Quote:On a more serious note, I thought it was a heads up play by bortles and the progression he is making has me giddy. The next time he's in that situation, I have all confidence he will make an even better play. Your comment probably was pointed more at ppl who seem more concerned with spewing negativity as opposed to constructive criticism (that's the hope anyway). You aren't going to change their minds or views. Bortles is going to make more "mistakes". Doesn't matter, he is going to straight ball!
I like and appreciate everything you said and like i said before we're all on the same side and just want this franchise to be successful for the foreseeable future. 

Quote:I appreciate your insight on the matter. lol. 

Wait until the NBA season when I provide some insight on Steph Curry.  I was a point guard too you know.

I wasn't criticizing Blake at all, It was actually a smart play imo. It was one of the first "veteran" plays I've seen him make. The only way I'd be more happy is if Arob recognized the jump offsides and just ran a go instead of his regular route. We have had to watch too much miscommunication between qbs and wrs over the years it was nice to see. And seriously it's a message board people need to let others express their opinion about whatever they want as long as it pertains to the thread and the jaguars.
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

Quote:I wasn't criticizing Blake at all, It was actually a smart play imo. It was one of the first "veteran" plays I've seen him make. The only way I'd be more happy is if Arob recognized the jump offsides and just ran a go instead of his regular route. We have had to watch too much miscommunication between qbs and wrs over the years it was nice to see. And seriously it's a message board people need to let others express their opinion about whatever they want as long as it pertains to the thread and the jaguars.
That was a go route that Arob ran.

Quote:Wait until the NBA season when I provide some insight on Steph Curry.  I was a point guard too you know.
i can't wait to hear it 

Quote:I guess asking questions and fanalyzing gameplay means I hate Bortles. Nevermind that I bought the guy's jersey day 1 and still wear it proudly. You'd think I insulted some of these people's mothers.

Objective analysis is not the strong suit of many who post here.  They tend to ignore the (or in some cases are unable to comprehend) the actual question posed and go immediately to a butt-hurt reaction. 

Heads up play for sure, but it was a poor throw.  What could have been a simple, wide-open catch, (and TD) became an acrobatic grab with a defender having a chance to get back in on the play.  Good news is that Blake is smart enough to recognize it and work on improving it. 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Objective analysis is not the strong suit of many who post here.  They tend to ignore the (or in some cases are unable to comprehend) the actual question posed and go immediately to a butt-hurt reaction. 

Heads up play for sure, but it was a poor throw.  What could have been a simple, wide-open catch, (and TD) became an acrobatic grab with a defender having a chance to get back in on the play.  Good news is that Blake is smart enough to recognize it and work on improving it. 

The reason it was an acrobatic grab was because after A-Rob misjudged it, he had to recover and lay out for it.  See the image I posted earlier.  It's not to say that Bortles doesn't make bad throws from time to time and it's not that  A-Rob isn't a fantastic receiver.  The pass was a pretty good one, made to look more difficult because A-Rob slowed up and then had to spin and stretch out for it.  If he'd have kept his stride he would have run right under it.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I always find it funny when people nitpick ball placement on a throw 50+ yards downfield. He put it where Robinson could catch it. It was a good throw. How many years did we watch Garrard, Gabbert, and Henne overshoot the WR or sail it out of bounds any time they threw deep? It is difficult to hit a target that far downfield, alot of NFL QBs struggle with it. Blake makes it look easy.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I always find it funny when people nitpick ball placement on a throw 50+ yards downfield. He put it where Robinson could catch it. It was a good throw. How many years did we watch Garrard, Gabbert, and Henne overshoot the WR or sail it out of bounds any time they threw deep? It is difficult to hit a target that far downfield, alot of NFL QBs struggle with it. Blake makes it look easy.
Thank you and i couldn't say the same thing better myself. 

Quote:I always find it funny when people nitpick ball placement on a throw 50+ yards downfield. He put it where Robinson could catch it. It was a good throw. How many years did we watch Garrard, Gabbert, and Henne overshoot the WR or sail it out of bounds any time they threw deep? It is difficult to hit a target that far downfield, alot of NFL QBs struggle with it. Blake makes it look easy.
Nitpick?  It wasn't 15 inches off target, it was 15 feet off target.  He didn't put it where Robinson could catch it, he put it where the defender had a play on it.  What do Garrard, Gabbert and Henne have to do with it?  As longer throws go, that one should not have been that difficult and a lot of NFL QB's would realize they had missed a golden opportunity.  He did not that one look easy.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.