Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another Bortles Thread

Quote:Nitpick?  It wasn't 15 inches off target, it was 15 feet off target.  He didn't put it where Robinson could catch it, he put it where the defender had a play on it.  What do Garrard, Gabbert and Henne have to do with it?  As longer throws go, that one should not have been that difficult and a lot of NFL QB's would realize they had missed a golden opportunity.  He did not that one look easy.
The only way to defend the throw is to say that Blake wasn't really trying to place it that well because it was a free play that he just chucked up.

Unfortunately one of these times Arob is going to go acrobatic like that when he shouldn't have to, and he is going to come down wrong on his wrist or ankle and end his season. It's great that he has an absurd leaping/high pointing ability but I really wish it didn't have to be showcased on darn near half of his receptions.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

Unfortunately one of these times Arob is going to go acrobatic like that when he shouldn't have to, and he is going to come down wrong on his wrist or ankle and end his season.

[Image: cover-those-eyes-1.jpg]

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

In other news, Carr just went 9/13 for 38 yards and 1 INT.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I just watched Derrick Carr live at Lambeau and I was surprised that he had that "good" of a night he looked awful constantly looking for the bubble screen I know it's preseason but I expected a lot more out of the Raiders they looked terrible

Guys...please...stop misinterpreting this as Bortles-bashing. It's not. I have no intention of bashing him. I want him to be here for a long time and I believe in him as the future of this team, 100%. The ONLY point I was trying to make, was that if he can put up those kinds of stats without hitting his man in stride, it will be amazing if and when he DOES hit him in stride. The throw was good enough, and the play was a damned good heads up play on his part from the sound of it. That's awesome.

I just hope, in the future, that instead of just a gain we get the touchdown that it should and could have been.

Dumb thread

Quote:Guys...please...stop misinterpreting this as Bortles-bashing. It's not. I have no intention of bashing him. I want him to be here for a long time and I believe in him as the future of this team, 100%. The ONLY point I was trying to make, was that if he can put up those kinds of stats without hitting his man in stride, it will be amazing if and when he DOES hit him in stride. The throw was good enough, and the play was a damned good heads up play on his part from the sound of it. That's awesome.

I just hope, in the future, that instead of just a gain we get the touchdown that it should and could have been.

Not to come across as trite or condescending here, but I think what you are seeing in terms of the overreaction is the reason why a lot of folks jumped on you for this thread. It's not the thread or the subject that gets to folks, it's the people that take this topics and small discussion items and blow them so far out of proportion that it makes Nuclear War seem minor by comparison.

It's not you that they are mad at, it's the potential of what you have created.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Not to come across as trite or condescending here, but I think what you are seeing in terms of the overreaction is the reason why a lot of folks jumped on you for this thread. It's not the thread or the subject that gets to folks, it's the people that take this topics and small discussion items and blow them so far out of proportion that it makes Nuclear War seem minor by comparison.

In other words, their panties get all wadded up rather easily.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Not to come across as trite or condescending here, but I think what you are seeing in terms of the overreaction is the reason why a lot of folks jumped on you for this thread. It's not the thread or the subject that gets to folks, it's the people that take this topics and small discussion items and blow them so far out of proportion that it makes Nuclear War seem minor by comparison.

I don't think anyone is saying the play was that big of an issue (maybe some have and I missed it).  I think people are reacting to the overall evaluation of whether or not BB could have thrown a better pass.  I think the key that's kept the thread going is people's opinions of that evaluation (which was just flat wrong by the way).   Smile

So the discussion and heartburn is about the evaluation itself and not so much about the actual play, if that makes sense.  And so it goes with team fan forums. 

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Was listening to the Gus Bradley shows Thursday.One thing he said about Blake.

Blake feels like he had no ceiling.

I love his confidence.

Quote:I don't think anyone is saying the play was that big of an issue (maybe some have and I missed it).  I think people are reacting to the overall evaluation of whether or not BB could have thrown a better pass.  I think the key that's kept the thread going is people's opinions of that evaluation (which was just flat wrong by the way).   Smile

So the discussion and heartburn is about the evaluation itself and not so much about the actual play, if that makes sense.  And so it goes with team fan forums. 
It was a big enough issue that someone dedicated an entire thread to it.

Here's the difference between Blake and Mariota.

Blake gets an offsides free play, throws a 50 yard bomb.

Mariota just got an offsides free play and handed it to the rb for a loss.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Here's the difference between Blake and Mariota.

Blake gets an offsides free play, throws a 50 yard bomb.

Mariota just got an offsides free play and handed it to the rb for a loss.
A very good sign

Quote:A very good sign

Except that's a teaching moment for coaches

Blake Bortles is so hot right now, he may scorch himself.  Talk of growth, and command!  Blake for mayor.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I really wish I could watch so I could get a feel for how it looks, his stats look fantastic so far though

Quote:I really wish I could watch so I could get a feel for how it looks, his stats look fantastic so far though

He looks really in command right now. His footwork is better, he is making quicker decisions and he is really mobile in the pocket. His ball placement isn't always great but I don't think he will ever be a super accurate passer like a drew brees. Honestly his game kinda reminds me of McNabb and I am 100% happy with that.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:It was a big enough issue that someone dedicated an entire thread to it.

I see you didn't understand my point.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 11:54 AM by Predator.)

Quote:I see you didn't understand my point.
Considering the thread, there wasn't a point that needed to be made.

Quote:That was a go route that Arob ran.

I know it was a go lol.

I was saying it would make me even happier if we learned after the fact that Arob saw the offsides, checked from his original route, and then he ran a go because he was smart enough to recognize the situation and then run the go.
Chicken nuggets is like my family.