Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Jets Game

Quote:No disrespect to ARob, but Hopkins did his damage with 4 different but equally garbage QBs. I also hate that you made me compliment the Texans.

Hopkins also was thrown to 25% more often than Robinson was thrown to, regardless of who the QB was.

Robinson had targets taken away by having more viable players on the offense for the Jaguars. Hurns and Thomas to be specific.

If the NFL were redrafting everyone in the league ARob should go before Hopkins.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I won my league with ARob and DHop last year. Im contemplating taking those two guys again with my 1st 2 picks this year. Just that Gurley or Julio might be there at 4 and A.J. or Dez may be there at 9 (traded my 2nd and 3rd rndr for the additional 1st) So im kinda stuck. Do I reunite my championship duo or go a different route. Wow.. pun really wasnt intended.

I can't lie, if I had hop and ARob I'd sick with them.

Thanks for that

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Thanks for that

All day fam. I'm in a 16 team league, I'd kill for that duo.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 12:04 AM by wg171.)

Quote:During the Jets FG drive in the third quarter Jack appeared to try to hold up on the play he was penalized on.

Jack did hold up but was unable to stop himself from bumping the receiver in the shoulder. Should not have been called imo.

Guys like Ronnie Lott and Jack Tatum would not be allowed to play in today's game.

Protect the players yes, but the defense has to be allowed to tackle.

Quote:Chris Reed didn't look terrible. He moved people in the run game, but did get beat once in the pass game.

I agree, although I know what Bullseye is saying. When I watched the game live I came away a bit disappointed in Reed having noticed an ugly whiff early on with Henne in there. But then I re-watched the game when it was re-played on DirecTV. At that point I noticed Reed actually started, so I concentrated on him. Reed actually played very well with the starting unit, and as I continued to watch he kept playing well aside from that one glaring play. It was just such a glaringly bad play that it seems we all noticed it. The rest of game he seemed fine.

Think back... do you really recall him allowing multiple pressures?

Also, re-watching the bad play he wasn't even that bad as he partially recovered. It was just his jersey number was glaring into the camera. The whiff by Shatley with the starters was far more ugly.

'02

Quote:Very true, but Ngakoue did shed the block of Clady well to make the play.  Good to see all of those things happening. 

Looking again - Fowler may have influenced Fitzpatrick to step up in the pocket, but Odrick moved his guy to collapse it, so -

Fowler made him try to step up - Odrick and Jackson made him step left into Yannick. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Fitz was getting sacked on this play. Go one way and Fowler gets him... the other way and Yannick gets him.

'02

Quote:Was Telvin responsible for those 2 big gains? Looks like he bit on the receiver running a drag route IIRC

Quote:That was Peyton Thompson

Quote:I feel like Telvin certainly didn't drop far enough into his zone, but wtvr

Quote:That's when your safety is supposed to be closing the gap. #25 wasn't even in the zip code.

FWIW

"Sources inside the organization say the defensive coaching staff is not pleased with Smith because he gets himself out of position and that results in big plays. The two long pass plays theNew York Jets hit in the preseason opener, for example, came because Smith chased a route he wasn't supposed to and left the middle of the field open."

I saw Smith do the same in the Bengals game. Both times Cyp was at the line for contain with no drop. Trust issue?

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:I saw Smith do the same in the Bengals game. Both times Cyp was at the line for contain with no drop. Trust issue?

I'm guessing they are sending him a message with Jack taking his spot tomorrow. Otherwise, I assume he would be one of the starters who would actually play.

Quote:I saw Smith do the same in the Bengals game. Both times Cyp was at the line for contain with no drop. Trust issue?

Maybe - but I think it's just Telvin being baited by the QB eyeing or faking to the underneath receiver/RB. 

Quote:Maybe - but I think it's just Telvin being baited by the QB eyeing or faking to the underneath receiver/RB. 
I might agree if it didn't occur in each of the three preseason games. It might just be him trying to do too much beyond his responsibility. Hope he settles down.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]