Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Preseason Week 1

Post about week one of NFL preseason around the league.

First observation, Tampa looks sloppy. Fumbled the kickoff, then a 3 and out, then Winston fumbled.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jets aren't going to repeat last season's success.

TB's 2nd round kicker missed his first extra point.

Quote:TB's 2nd round kicker missed his first extra point.
I would be ticked, considering the team spent a 2nd round pick on a kicker.  IIRC, they traded up, too.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I would be ticked, considering the team spent a 2nd round pick on a kicker. IIRC, they traded up, too.

They did trade up for him. I believe I read somewhere that he never missed inside 40 while in college...

Quote:They did trade up for him. I believe I read somewhere that he never missed inside 40 while in college...
Were I a Tampa fan, my attitude towards that kicker would be like the drill sergeant from Full Metal Jacket..."You better start [kicking] me tiffany cufflinks!"

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I would be ticked, considering the team spent a 2nd round pick on a kicker.  IIRC, they traded up, too.

Gave up a 3rd and 4th to get him. We took Yannick and Day.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I think the Dolphins OL might be worse than ours.

Vernon with a near sack but only bc he basically had a free run
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Anyone watching Bills v Clots?

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Dak Prescott looking pretty good!

Quote:Anyone watching Bills v Clots?
Colts look pretty bad. Quite the opposite for the tacks. I know it's only preseason, but the tacks look pretty good.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 09:09 PM by DarloJAG84.)

Quote:Colts look pretty bad. Quite the opposite for the tacks. I know it's only preseason, but the tacks look pretty good.

I agree, altohugh I don't think the Colts have a huge amount of their starters out there right now.

Having said that, I'm watching it on my iPad on mute whilst on the night shift... so I can't confirm that..

Quote:I agree, altohugh I don't think the Colts have a huge amount of their starters out there right now.

Having said that, I'm watching it on my iPad on mute whilst on the night shift... so I can't confirm that..
Yes, the colts backups have been in for a bit. Sadly, they appear to be an upgrade over the starters!

Quote:Yes, the colts backups have been in for a bit. Sadly, they appear to be an upgrade over the starters!

I can't wait to see us play them at Wembley this year...

The week after I see us play the Ravens at EB Field..

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2016, 12:17 AM by Indy2Jax.)

Quote:Yes, the colts backups have been in for a bit. Sadly, they appear to be an upgrade over the starters!

From the boxscore it doesn't sound like the played their starters.

Are there any good OLs in the NFL? Maybe Dallas, but then why is Romo always dead?

Is their anymore ripoff than a preseason game? Cant believe they charge the same as a regular game.

Quote:From the boxscore it doesn't sound like the played their starters.

I watched the game. Go read the box scores again. In fact, a couple of starters were injured, such as Hilton.

Noticed in the Saints/Pats game the Saints went for 2 all 3 times, and the Pats went for it twice. I couldn't think of a better time to practice 2pt conversions than preseason. I hope Gus practices this because Myers is so shaky. He could miss one easily in a game which means Jags would need to go for 2. 

Quote:I watched the game. Go read the box scores again. In fact, a couple of starters were injured, such as Hilton.

That's right the one series was so much playing time for Hilton. Good grief people like to split hairs.