Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
He's Ready to Be the Next Bo Jackson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Except Bo Jackson excelled in 2 pro sports. But yeah, close enough I guess.

Tebow back to baseball?  Wait, we just came full circle.  Now he has to get the "wind-up" back that this trainers supposedly eliminated.

He hasn't played since his junior year in high school so yeah, he'll probably be as good in baseball as he was in NFL football.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

I see his future with the Hartford Yard Goats baseball team...

This guy needs to just stop already. He just ain't good enough.

29 years old. Hasn't played in years. He starves for media drama.

Quote:This guy needs to just stop already. He just ain't good enough.

29 years old. Hasn't played in years. He starves for media drama.

You are correct and here is my rationale.

People have certain limitations with regard to talent.   A lot of kids that have all of the resources that their parents supply (coaching, training, home schooling, etc.) reach their potential a lot earlier than someone from a public school that doesn't have all of the luxury resources and has to spend 8 hours per day in the classroom.  Thus, a person like Tebow is more talented than a person like Cam Newton at age 19 BUT once Cam has the same resources and time to maximize his talents, then he performs better than someone like Tebow.

I think he thinks he's special. Not surprising with all his disciples over the years

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016, 09:11 AM by RicoTx.)

A guy I work with played baseball with him at Nease and is also a huge UF fan.  He said he doesn't get it, he wasn't really good then and can't see how he'd be good now.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:A gut I work with played baseball with him at Nease and is also a huge UF fan.  He said he doesn't get it, he wasn't really good then and can't see how he'd be good now.

You should always trust your gut.

Back on point though, this is just getting a little pathetic, isn't it?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I'd never rag on anyone for following their dream. I'd rather see see someone go down swinging (literally in this case) than sitting around wondering what could have been.

I've got a cousin in clown college...I can't even rag on her dream, and I think clowns are the devil. :devil:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Bch, I can agree with that, but at 29 years old and not playing a sport for over 10 years seems like you're starved to be in the spotlight and you're trying too hard.

Settle down, go into broadcasting, and enjoy your life. 

Quote:I'd never rag on anyone for following their dream. I'd rather see see someone go down swinging (literally in this case) than sitting around wondering what could have been.

What what did did you you see see?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:What what did did you you see see?

I have a typing stutter, but I'm working on it!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Hey, you never know.  Gary Sheffield was on ESPN yesterday and was praising his bat speed, which is something you "just can't teach". 

I hope he makes it, to be honest.

Whatever keeps him off the football field LOL.

Go get em Tim. Michael Jordan did it. John Kruk AKA Wide Load played baseball. Maybe it isn't so tough.

I think a lot of it has to do with keeping his name and brand out there. Tebow and his handlers know this. He has bigger aspirations then being a sports star, TV guy. There's a larger picture for him.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

He just needs to go into broadcasting college football.

That's where he made his name and that's where it all ended.

Not certain why he didn't just go to the CFL or something.   Heck, I just saw a CFL game last week with Chris Rainey playing.

He has nice bulging muscles.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17423...l-showcase